Chap. 4 ~ Ice Cream and Jealous Exes

Pic of Justin

Dylan O'Brien as Justin

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&
Devin's POV

On the way to the ice cream parlor, I snuck a look at Becca and took in every little detail. How her eyes shone and twinkled a greenish color from the reflection of the sun. To the softness of her dark chocolate skin and how I wanted roam my hands over-'Snap out of it, man!'

I shook my head and continued to focus on the road. She spoke up, "Hey, do you have an aux cord?" I nodded and handed it to her. I was curious to what she was doing, so I snuck a peek.

She plugged it into her phone, went through her music, and clicked on "Knockin Da Boots" by H-Town. I turned to her, but my eyes were still on the road so don't worry. "You listen to H-Town?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yeah. When I get that '90s' kinda feel. " She laughed. I was shocked.

"Well then you wouldn't mind this then." She looked at me weirdly as I started body rolling in the drivers seat and winked at her. She started cracking up and started to cry.

"Oh my God! That was PERFECT! Oh man!" She wiped her eyes and calmed down.

"Well, I'm glad ya liked it, darlin.", I said, faking a Southern drawl. We finally made it to the ice cream parlor and got out. I held the door open for her, she blushed and said, "Thanks." She's so cute when she-'Oh my God, stop you just met her.'

I said, "Welcome" and we walked in. We went up to the counter and a boy was there. I noticed he was checking Becca out and I felt something in the pit of my stomach. I shrugged it off and ordered.

"Can I have Mint Chocolate please? And she'll get the.." I looked at her. "Oh, it's fine I can order for myself, Devin." She said, with a smile. I shook my head. "I insist. What do you want?"

She shrugged, "Butter Pecan." I nodded and looked at the guy who was glaring at me. I shot one back and said, "She'll get the Butter Pecan." He rolled his eyes and fixed both of the orders.

The guy came back, gave us our ice cream, and told us the total. "$7.38" He said. I saw Becca go for her wallet and put my hand over hers. "It's fine. I got it." Apparently the guy got impatient and spoke up. "One of you just pay already!"

I slapped the $10 on the counter. "Keep the change." I grabbed Becca's hand and sat down at a table. We got to know each other better but before she could tell me about her hobbies and what she does in her spare time, the ass walked in.

'Great..' He looked over and saw me and Becca laughing and talking, something he didn't like. Not one bit. I saw his jaw clench as he made his way over to where we were sitting.

He sat down and put his arm around Becca. She didn't know who it was but when she did, her face paled, just like it did earlier. She went quiet and hung her head low. I wondered what he does to her.

He looked at me with a smirk. "So the newbie's hangin out with my girl, huh? Don't worry, I got something for her later though. Ain't that right, sweetheart?" He kissed her cheek, which made my blood boil. I don't know why though! She jerked away and I saw anger and rage in his face.

Becca spoke up for the first time. "Leave, Jake. Dev or I don't want you here. You will not be coming to my house later on. We broke up because of you and Jamie. Now leave."

Jake didn't take no for an answer though. He pressed on. "I will be coming over. Whatever I say goes. And Jamie came on to me." He touched her cheek but she slapped his hand away.

I grew tired of his pressure on her and jumped in. "Look. She said you're not coming over. It's her house and her rules. Let's go, Bec." I got up, but as I reached over to grab her, Jake grabbed my arm with a strong grip, and said, "You think you're all tough, bitch? I run the school. And I'm the captain of the Lacrosse team. Don't think you're better than me."

"Yeah, yeah whatever, Jackson Whittemore. I got a name. It's Devin. Come on, Bec." I grabbed her hand, but before we left, she dumped her ice cream over him. "Don't ever mess with me again. We're done. Don't look at me, don't touch me, don't even think about me."

We walked out and headed to my house. "What was that all about? What is he to you?" She didn't look at me but answered, "He's my ex. At first, he was nice and caring. But after I caught him kissing somebody else and broke it off, he changed. He hated when I hung out with guys. One time he even hit me. But it's all over now. At least I hope."

It angered me that he hit her. What did she ever do? Oh man, he better watch out for me when try outs come. "Do you want to get some clothes from your house? I don't think you should be alone with him around."

She nodded and gave me directions. I pulled up to her house and she said she'll be back. I sat out there for a while listening to The Weeknd. From our knowledge of each other, she listens to the same thing I do.

Her parents are barely around because they work full-time jobs. My mom is a lawyer and my dads a police officer. So they're busy most of the time. She comes out a couple of minutes later and we take off to my house.

We pull up to my house, get out, and go inside. "You should probably get some sleep since we have school tomorrow." I smile and say. She looks at me and says, "Can we just skip school tomorrow? I don't want to run into Jake."

I nod. "Sure. The guest room is upstairs to the left and the bathroom is right across." She nods and heads upstairs.

I go up when I hear the shower running, but stops when she yells my name. "Hey uh D-Devin? Can I get a towel please?" I yell back, "Yeah, hold on." I leave for a little bit, come back and knock on the door. "Uhm here." She opens the door and sticks her hand out. "Thanks." I nod and head to my bathroom.

I take a quick shower, then head into my room. It's a light blue with white around the edges, my lax sticks hang along the wall, posters of Blink-182, and pictures of my family litter along the dresser and walls.

"Hey-I..uhm sorry. I thought you were dressed." I quickly turned around and gripped the towel on my waist. 'Shit..she looks damn good.' I slowly roamed my eyes over her, taking in her damp hair in a bun and her long, milk chocolate legs. I snapped my eyes back up to hers and my hand gripped the towel around my waist once more while swallowing nervously.

'Well this is awkward.'

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Becca's POV

I should've knocked before barging in, but I can't say I don't like the view. The way the water droplets rolled down his toned stomach-oh my god. Is that a six pack? Wow...he's really fit. What am I in here for? Oh yeah!

I shake my head. "Uhm..I kinda forgot my pjs..can I borrow a shirt or something?" He nodded and dug in his drawers. While he was doing this, I looked at the way his back muscles flexed. 'He may he a nerd, but he's a fine nerd.'

He turned around right when I looked up. He gives me a shirt and a pair of his lacrosse shorts. I take them, mumbling a 'Thank you' then leaving and going to the guest room.

I change into them, smelling the scent of Old Spice and wood. I put my phone on the charger and go to sleep, breathing in the smell of Devin.

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&

I hope you guys like it! Comment and tell me what you think.

Farewell, my little walkers😇👋🏾