Chap. 8 ~ The Accident & The Game

Devin's POV

After telling Becca how I felt last night, I'm happier now. And I know it sounds sappy, but I am. I looked down and saw her sprawled out all over me and immediately smiled.

'There's no way a girl like her could like a guy like me. Not after I tell her about my past anyway.' I got depressed a bit after thinking about it and soon turned my attention back to Becca.

'She's so beautiful.' I fuckin hate Jake for whatever he did to her. A girl like Becca, or any girl of that matter, should be treated with respect and honor. Not like a piece of trash or a punching bag.

I moved the hair out of her face and she stirred. I quickly froze and waited until she settled. I breathed a sigh of relief and my phone rang. Justin's name popped up on my phone and I carefully moved Becca, grabbed my phone, and went into the guest bedroom.

"Yo." I answered.

"Jesus. Thank God you picked up. How's Becca?" He asked curiously.

I frowned. "Uh, she's fine. Why? What happened?"

I heard him sigh. "Well, after me and Cas left, I went back to go get my jacket and I saw Jake's car parked across from the house. I think he was spying on you guys, man."

My eyebrows rose in curiosity and I sat on the bed and ran my hand over my face. "Thanks for telling me, Justin. I'll see you guys tomorrow at school."

"Yep, no problem. See ya." We both hung up and I decided to get a quick shower. I rummaged through a drawer and found a blue muscle t-shirt and white basketball shorts. I went into the bathroom, put my stuff down and went to check on Becca.

I peeked my head through the door and saw her still asleep. 'Damn that girl can sleep. It's almost 11 o'clock!' I smirked and shook my head and went back to the bathroom.

I ran the water and grabbed a bath towel and a rag from the closet and stripped from all of my clothing. I played 'Angels & Airwaves' while charging my phone and hopped in the shower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Becca's POV

I woke up to the sound of running water and groaned and stretched. I sat up, rubbed the coal from my eyes and remembered what happened from last night and smiled.

The water stopped from the shower and I heard Devin shriek. I laughed quietly and suddenly, the door opened to a shirtless Devin. And my, my, my did he look good.

'Calm down, Becca. You've seen shirtless guys before....but not ones with water droplets coming down from all directions. JESUS!'

He dried his hair, unaware that I was awake. I stared at his built frame and ran my eyes from his tightened core to the towel over his head then smiled at him.

"Good morning, Dev." He jumped and looked at me surprised then smiled that perfect smile that made me go weak in the knees.

"Oh, good morning, I didn't know you were awake yet. How'd you sleep?" He came to sit down by me and I resisted the urge to run my hands through his hair.

I leaned back against the couch with my legs pulled into a criss-cross position and nodded. "It was fine. Slept like a baby. You?"

He tilted his head and looked at me and I scrunched my face up and laughed. "What? What's wrong? Why ya staring at me?" He leaned in and kissed my cheek and I pouted, hoping he would kiss me on my lips.

He laid down and put his wet head on my lap and stared up at me with those forest green eyes. "I won't rush you into anything you don't want to do. Okay? I'm not like that asshole Jake. And to answer your question, I slept wonderful." He winked at me and I blushed.