Chapter Twenty-Seven

I walked in the kitchen to see my mom standing by the stove looking as beautiful as ever. It was clear that I inherited my curly hair from her and my dad even tells me our laughs are similar. If only I could hear her laugh one more time.

         "Whatcha makin?" I questioned her as I rounded the corner of the table. I stood behind her and peaked around her anyways.

         "Well little miss curious, I'm making your favorite, chicken alfredo," she replied with a slight giggle. She booped my nose with her free hand, "It's almost ready. How about you get our plates for us? Me and daddy decided to have dinner in the living room tonight and we can watch anything you want. How does that sound?"  I instantly beamed hearing this. We'd usually eat dinner in the dining room and talk about the kind of day we would have and occasionally we would watch movies while we ate on occasions. Recently though, they have been doing this more and of course, I am not going to disagree. 

         "Yay! I love you Mommy," I yelped, giving her a giant hug in the process. She was a little stunned but hugged me just as hard anyways. 

   "Now, go tell your father that it's ready and that you don't care if he's busy,"  she said sternly.  I took as an order and saluting her I replied," Yes ma'am."

   Running to my fathers study, I could hear my mother telling me to slow down and I slowed down. You could say I was an obedient child. My parents were always good to me so I tried my hardest not to cause them any trouble. I couldn't stand the look of disappointment if I did ever act up.

    The minute I stepped across the door frame my father was already getting up out of his chair. "Hey sweetie. Your mom forgets that I am able to hear her from the kitchen and that I'm only down the hall," he trailed off the last part a little louder. I could hear her laugh quietly. We walked back to the kitchen where she was already placing the food on our plates. My stomach was already growling at the sight of  it. I always had a soft spot for food, especially alfredo.

 As we grabbed our plates, we made our way to the living room and I picked up the remote right away to turn the TV on. I sat down on my knees as I was looking in the bookshelf that held all of our DVD'S. I think we all know what section of the bookshelf I was leaning towards. 

 Disney. What else.

 My parents laughed when they saw what I was up too. "Were we expecting anything different?" my father said, as he kissed my mother on the cheek. I just shushed him. I came across Beauty and the Beast and immediately popped it in the DVD player. I anxiously waited for all the previews to play out before I pushed play. I hurried to the couch and sat down in between my parents. As I took my first bite, I couldn't help but let out an 'mmm'.  I'm glad I always remembered this moment. It was one of my most precious memories I have.

  I just wish I knew it would've been one of the last ones I had with them.

 As my memory played out, I didn't notice that Adrian was holding my plate out towards me.

   "I don't think it will get eaten if you're just staring at it," he chuckled, trying to break me out of my trance. I shook my head a little bit and replied with a short, "Sorry."  It's not unusual for me to day dream. I took the plate as we went back up the stairs, heading back to my room. He let me walk in front of him.

   "Sometimes I wish I knew what was going on in that cute little head of yours."  I could already feel my cheeks starting to heat up. It wasn't even a compliment and I can't help but feel some type of way over one little word. Well, it's a lot of words he says that can have the same affect on me. Good thing he was walking behind me otherwise he'd more than likely comment how he gets to me.