Chapter Seventeen

Leaving the restaurant wasn't as difficult as it was getting in thankfully. There were less people standing around, which was surprising. I would've thought that many would still be here after being technically ordered out by the alpha just because he wanted to tell some girl something important.

   But I'm not just some girl.

  I'm his mate.

  The term means a lot more to me now.

   To say I'm shocked about something like this exists is an understatement. Who knew that someone was supposed to care about another person like that. In that way.

  That explains a lot about my parents. They're bond was like what Adrian explained to me. And if me and Adrian were going to turn out that way, then there's really nothing I should be scared of.

    But not everyone is like them. I learned that the hard way.

    "Are you full?" Adrian asked me while we settled in the car. He insisted that he put my seatbelt on for me, on top of opening the door for me.

     I was full. Mentally and physically. I know that I didn't even eat all of my food but the explaining the mate thing made up for it.

Sitting up straight so he wouldn't touch anything along the way (of putting on the seatbelt) I answered, "Yes."

"That's great." He told me sincerely with a smile.

Shutting my door, he rounded the car quickly and opened his side. The cool air once again coming through. Even though it became a little bit warmer than before, it was still fairly chilly.

But I've been colder.

He doesn't know that though.

Adrian didn't say anything when he started up the car. All he had was a slight smile on his face as he changed the gears of the car, looking content. And I'm glad he was. He inspires me to be like that.

~~~~~

We finally made it to the house and I started to feel a little uneasy. I started to feel that way on the way here but I didn't want to tell him to freak him out. But now it was starting to feel like I was going to throw up and it probably wasn't the best idea to not tell him.

"Adrian.."

He flicked his eyebrow, slightly turning towards me while unlocking the door, "Yeah?" He was still trying to get the key in the lock while holding my takeout plate in the other hand.

The thought of eating more food right now made me sick. And I never would have thought that those words would come into mind.

"Um, I don't feel, or I feel kinda.. sick." I need to get used to how much of his attention that he gives me.

"Oh? Is it your head your stom-"

"It's my stomach." I cut him off without really meaning too. It was just progressively getting worse.

The door was open now and I started to hold my stomach. The food that I ate earlier it was rising up slowly. Now I knew I was going to throw up.

"Kayla you're getting pale." He held his hand to my face. I didn't flinch this time, thankfully.

"I think I'm going to throw up," I spoke quietly, afraid that if I talked normally, it would come up faster than it originally would.

"I'm taking you to the bathroom."