Thirty-Seven

I don't know how long we've been stuck here but we need to do something about these zombies before Warren and them come back. It feels like it's been hours since 10k and I have been trying to make a plan but so far...all of our plans sucked.

"What about if I just stab each Z's head?" I offered.

10k shook his head. "That'll take forever. And I don't want to risk the chance of you losing your gun."

I pursed my lip before looking around the tree. "Do you think you can kill a Z if you shoot it a stick with your slingshot?"

"Not unless we live in an imaginary world." I groaned. "We could just make out until they get here."

I slapped his arm but didn't hold back a smile. "This isn't the time."

10k shrugged. "I thought it was since we're stranded here."

"How about this? If we make it out of here alive before Warren and them get back...I'll," I dragged out. "I'll let you do whatever you want to me."

His eyes widened at my suggestion. "Anything?"

Giving out a cheeky grin, I replied, "Anything, but it's just one thing. So you better make it worth it."

"So, let me get this straight, you'll do any one thing I want if we get out of here before Warren comes back?" I nodded. 10k looked down before looking back at me. "I don't know. There are a lot of Zs down there."

"Fine, then...let's make this a competition. Whoever kills the most Zs wins. The loser has to do whatever the winner tells them to do for three days."

"A month."

"Five days."

"Two weeks."

"One week. Final offer."

10k pondered at the idea before holding his hand out. "Ok, deal." I shook his hand. "Hope you're ready to massage Murphy's head."

"I hope you're ready to sit in the front with Vasquez."

We crouched from the branch. "One kiss for good luck?"

"Only if you win." I winked at him. "May the best shooter win."

》》》》

Do you wanna know who won?

Do you really wanna know?

You know maybe I should tell you in the next chapter...

Ok, fine, I lost.

I lost by one fuckin' Z. But if the challenge was who got covered the most in blood, then I would have been the winner. After we shook hands, that's when 10k decided to create a small diversion for himself which got half the zombies to move away from us. He was using rocks he found on the ground to shoot while I used the knife end of my rifle. It was all good but my dumbass decided to slip the last second before he saved me from the last Z. Ugh, if I didn't love that idiot so much then I would have been pissed at him.

The very first thing 10k made me do was rub his shoulders. I rolled my eyes as I noticed the shit-eating grin on his face.

"Wipe that smile off your face," I said.

He chuckled. "Hey, it's not my fault that you lost." He tilted his head toward me. "I did save you after all."

"My hero," I replied sarcastically.

"I think your hero deserves that kiss."

I sighed before kissing the top of his head. "There. You never said where." My arms wrapped around his shoulders as I laid my chin on top of his head. "Anything else you want me to do?"

"Well, I do have one thing that I've been thinking about for a while."

"And what's that? Did you want us to have sex in this car?"

"No. No. Not that...unless you're offering."

"I'm not, so what did you have in mind?"

10k brought his hand up and laced our fingers together. "I was thinking...you're ok with me calling you Ry, so I thought it would be fair if you...if you call me Tommy."

"Is that your real name?" I asked.

"Yeah. I know, it's stupid -"

"It's not stupid. But...I did lose the bet, so Tommy when did you start thinking like that?"

"For a while. Probably around the time I began to realize how much I really care about you."

I couldn't help but grin. "And when was this?"

"Around the time I was ignoring you." My brows crinkled as I glanced down at him. "Saving you from Cassandra made me realize I care a lot about you. I just had to be sure before I just blurt out the words."

"That you really care about me?"

10k took a deep breath. "More like...I love you."

Ok, that deserves a kiss. And that's what I did. I leaned down and gave him a soft kiss before pulling away. "Well, I'm pretty sure you know how I feel but...in case you don't...I love you, too, Tommy."

This time I wrapped my arms tight around him as I nuzzled my face next to his, a smile not leaving my face.

"Aww, isn't this sweet?" we heard from behind. 10k and I jumped away from each other when Addy called out to us, with a very sick Murphy behind them. "While we were busting out assess to save his ass, 10k and One Shot finally got the nerve to say they love each other." She grinned at Doc. "I don't know about you, but that was beautiful."

My cheeks began burning. "You guys heard that?" I asked.

"More towards the end," Vasquez said as he glared at 10k. He walked up to us before he yanked me away from 10k. "Up front, now."

Warren raised her brow at us. "So, anything else happened while we were gone?"

10k and I looked at each other before shaking our heads. "No."