Thirty

Seeing a bunch of idiots get bit is really the cherry on top of a zombie cake. Dale and the rest of the group held out their bleeding arm as Skeezy practically threw up. I hid my mouth behind my hand so I wouldn't laugh. Then it became a scowl when Dale stared at my chest again. I was about to punch him but 10k blocked me from his view. My scowl slowly disappeared and became a smirk when 10k couldn't look at me but his cheeks were still pink.

"Relax," I told him amusingly. "It's not like you're never going to see them again."

10k's eyes widened as he looked at me. At that speed, he might as well get a whiplash. "What?"

I grinned at him as I kissed his heated cheek. Yes, 10k and I might not have had sex yet. But at least I'm honest and hinted that we might one day. I'm just trying to be realistic here.

"We sure do appreciate this," Sketchy told the idiots while he collected some of their loot.

The leader gave him an appreciative grin. "Fair is fair," he said. I rolled my eyes again. Yeah, it's fair because you tried to rob us. Again, these guys are nothing but idiots.

"Now like I said, you're gonna want to rest up for at least 12 hours. You need to metabolize that venom."

Dale raised his hand. "Uh, now, can we clean the wound?"

"Nope," I said. "The wound needs to heal all on its own. Otherwise, The Murphy would need to bite you."

He gave me a toothy grin. "Maybe you could stay around and play doctor." Don't throw up. Don't throw up.

"I would love to but -" I walked over to Sketchy and patted his chest while my arm wrapped itself around his shoulders, "I need to take care of the boss here. Poor thing. We ran into some nonbelievers and," I glanced at his 'friend', "they cut him right off." I smirked at Sketchy, whose face was looking priceless. His mouth opened in horror at my little lie.

Dale's mouth was wide opened. "Oh, you poor thing."

Sketchy started to shake his head. "No, that isn't exactly -"

I waved him off. "I told you not to be ashamed of yourself." I let go of him and went over to 10k, who was trying so hard not to grin. I leaned closer to him and whispered, "That's what the dumbass gets." 10k's eyes were still on my chest, cheeks flushing again. "Come on, it's not like you haven't seen boobs before."

"Not like yours," he muttered.

"Fine. When we're alone, you better show me your goods then." I winked at him as his eyes widened. I gave him a little pout. "Come on. Seems fair."

"Now, the final thing I must tell you," Sketchy said. "No physical activity. You must remain perfectly still for 48 hours." He pointed at me and 10k. "I can't tell you how hard it was to keep them apart. My nurse was pouncing on my boy every chance she gets."

"At least he's getting some," I responded. "I had to throw away that Z's head after your operation."

"Well...We must get goin'," Sketchy said after he couldn't think of a comeback. He threw the bullets at 10k, who dropped the other loot Skeezy shoved in his hands. I wanted to facepalm myself.

My hand reached out for 10k's. "We should run," I said.

"Yup," Sketchy and Skeezy responded while the idiots took their guns out.  We turned around and started running while they fired at us. I wanted to take my pistols out to kill them but that would be a waste of bullets and they would become Zs. So, I can't.

This is why I wanted to search for Warren and the rest of them first!

》》》》

My eyes were feeling a bit heavy. We camped out for the night and I offered first watch. I don't trust Sketchy or Skeezy enough to sleep. Sketchy might lift up my shirt to look at my boobs again. I held the flare up all night while my fingers ran through 10k's hair. I thought the light would grab someone's attention, preferably Vasquez. Part of me wonders if he's even looking for me or if he just ditched me and 10k to finish the mission.

"You should have woken me up," 10k said as we followed behind Dumbasses 1 and 2. Sketchy was telling us another useless story and I zoned him out.

I shook my head. "It's fine. I'll manage," I yawned. 10k wrapped his arm around me and kissed the side of my head.

"There you have it," Sketchy said happily. Up ahead there was a truck in the middle of the road. It had a big picture of a tooth. "Opportunity presents itself just as I suspected."

Skeezy grinned at us. "I'm telling you, kids. You must be magic. There is no end to our good luck since we met you."

"It's not luck," I responded. "It's just...well, we're not stupid."

"Stupid or not, you two are our good luck charms," Sketchy said. He ran over to the driver's side and opened the door for Skeezy to go in. "My uncle Gerald's been struck by lightning three times."

Skeezy laughed as he held up the keys. "Keys! Keys!"

Sketchy grinned at me. "What do you think about that, Blondie, think you consider being my good luck charm?"

I glared at him as I went inside the truck. "This good luck charm is already taken by a hot sniper."

"Shoot!" Sketchy exclaimed as 10k crawled in next to me. There wasn't enough room so I ended up sitting on his lap, not that I'm complaining.

I noticed the grin on his face. "What?" I asked.

His grin grew. "Hot sniper, huh?" I rolled my eyes with a grin as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "That's your type."

"No, not really." 10k's grin faltered. I couldn't help but chuckle. "You're my type. The fact that you're a sniper just makes you hotter."

I leaned forward and gave him a sweet kiss. I could feel his smile as he pulled me closer. I don't think I'll ever get tired of kissing him. I heard Dumbasses 1 and 2 groan.

"Not in the car, you two," Sketchy said.

To piss them off more, I gripped 10k's jacket and pulled him closer. I deepened the kiss and we ended up having a makeout session. While that happened, I removed one of my hands and flipped Pervy and Jerky off.