Thirty-Three

Sketchy and Skeezy, you two are the dumbest, the most annoying people, I've ever met. The only thing you're good at is spewing random shit out of your mouth. And people actually believe their stupid schemes? How dumb are they? If it wasn't for the fact that Escorpion is here, then I would have shot both idiots in the foot. I mean, how could you not? Sketchy was just giving incorrect facts and figures. He even got a damn blackboard and chalk before making up some random equation.

"I could walk you all through it again," Sketchy said as he set the chalk down. "The time discrepancy, the rates of descent, second shooters, detonation patterns, cellular records, communication towers, multi-layered encryption, all of the damn chemtrails in the sky. I mean, have you seen that? What is that? That's what I'm asking."

"Well, those are the -" Burr was about to say until Sketchy cut him off.

"It doesn't matter!" I rolled my eyes as I tried not to hit my head on the table to knock me out. "The point is..." I glared at Sketchy through my glasses as he threw his jacket on top of my head ", you're all great people." He pointed at an old man. "You, you're a straight shooter. You go right from the hip." Then he kept pointing at random people from the audience. "You, you're honest to goodness. You, you're tried and true. You, salt of the earth. You, drop-dead gorgeous."

I'm pretty sure I have a dumbfounded look on my face right now. We weren't even in town that long and I'm pretty sure he's only talked to Burr and two dumbasses that actually wanted to sleep with him and Skeezy.

"What I'm saying here is, people, I wouldn't try to distract you with a bunch of random facts and figures of speech cuz you'd smell a fraud from a mile away," Sketchy lied through his teeth. "And I have too much respect for you. People, people, people. There's nothing to fear but fear itself. And in summation, I'm thinking of the words of the great Clarence Thomas. If it don't fit, you must acquit."

Skeezy placed his hand over his mouth, on the verge of tears, before he started to applaud his dumb friend. I mentally groaned before leaning my forehead on 10k's shoulder while everyone else clapped.

"Those men are con artists and thieves!" I heard. I looked up to see Dale and his men coming up and pointed a finger at Sketchy. My eyes widened.

One of the guys came up and pointed at Skeezy. "And he bit me!" Then he pointed at me. "We were hypnotized by the nurse's boobies!"

Our mouths flew open as I reached for my pistol. We turned to see Escorpion, waiting to see what he's going to do next.

"That was beautiful," he said. He slowly stood up. "But you're guilty, bro. I want to do you a favor though." He walked down the podium. He slowly made his way towards me, 10k, and Skeezy. "Death by hanging would usually be the most fitting. But, I'll turn a blind eye just this once." He stopped in front of me and glared down. Next thing I knew, he grabbed my arm and lifted me up. I had my pistol under his chin while his gun was next to my head. I glared up at him while the scarf flew off my head. "You three could go free...only she dies."

"I knew you were too smart to fall for their bull shit," I sneered.

"How did you think I saw through this disguise?" he commented. The Zeros pointed their guns at me. "Drop your weapon, cabrona. Or we'll shoot you and all your friends." My glare didn't falter as I slowly put my piston away. "Good."

He nodded his head towards one of the Zeros. The one with the long hair grabbed me and started to drag me towards the stage. One of the other Zeros was hanging a rope on the pole.

"Wait, a minute!" 10k shouted as he stood up. Another one of the Zeros pointed his gun at him, making 10k raise his hands.

"Hey, hey, hey. Maybe we could...maybe we could all make a lil' agreement," Sketchy said. "You can let my nurse go and we'll never come back to this lovely town."

"I think not," Esporpion said. "It's either she dies or all of you do."

"That's not fair!" Burr yelled. "They tricked all of us!"

"That might be so. They might have committed grand larceny, identity theft, and just...generlly telling a whole bunch of lies -" Escorpion pointed at me. "- but this girl standing before all of you has committed serious crimes. "Drug stealing, kidnapping, embezzlement, murder, shooting one of my men in the huevos." One of the Zeros covered his jewels.

"And tell me why I did that again?" I sneered. "You ruined my godfather's life."

"And where exactly is Vasquez?" I don't know where he is. He might be gone because we all got separated. I wasn't going to tell him that. "What? Nothing." Nope. He motioned to the Zero, who put the rope around my neck. "You, I like this accessory on you. It compliments you well."

"Ry!" 10k shouted for me. The Zero grabbed 10k and pinned his arms behind his back.

Sketchy let out a nervous chuckle. "Ok, have it your way then," he said. I glared at him as he tipped the corner of his hat. "We'll be going now. Have fun with' the execution."

He grabbed Skeezy and was about to make a break for it, but two Zeros blocked their path. Escorpion held his hands together and looked at the two idiots.

"Leaving?" he asked. "No. I need you to watch this. It gives you a little look at the people who like to take things from me." He looked at me. "Get ready for a long nap. Any last words, One Shot?"

Yeah, I have a few. I glared up at him and said, "Vete a la mierda, pinche bobo."

Escorpion nodded. "Let's get this party started."

"Wait!" Sketchy shouted. "Maybe we should think this through. We were all teenagers once upon a time. Don't you all remember that rebellious phase? Why, I used to steal one of my daddy's beers and drink it whole before he would wake up. That's how I met Monique, and she let me grab her -"

"That's enough," Escorpion cut him off with his hand raised. "It's hanging time."

So, this is it? I'm going to die. Why is it I'm facing death every day if it wasn't Z related? I'm not going to say goodbye to my friends. I'm not going to say goodbye to Vasquez. I won't be alive to see the world getting cured by Murphy's blood. The only person with me right now is 10k.

I slowly looked up at him. His eyes stared at me wide-eyed as he tried to get away from the Zero. He stopped when the Zero had the gun against his back. I accepted my death many times long ago. In a world like this, any day could be your last. At least I get to spend it with him.

"I love you," I mouthed to him before my gaze slowly went to the wooden floorboards. I will not give Escorpion the satisfaction in seeing me cry. I'm not going to cry in front of the fucktard.

"Pull," the devil ordered.

The floorboard gave out from under me. My feet started to dangle in mid-air as I heard something get shot. I felt a little pressure in my neck before the rope ripped and I fell through. I landed on the grass before landing on my side.

I heard more gunshots before I looked up. In my upside-down view, I saw Vasquez running towards me while Murphy started using his weird mind control on the Zs. The girl who had her gun at me and 10k ran towards the tied up Zs and cut them free. Vasquez pulled me up and pushed me ahead of him as the Zs started to charge at the townfolk. He grabbed the gun that was left on the steps before following behind me. The Zs were growling while they began their feast.

"Not even a day and you got into trouble, mija," Vasquez said as we ducked for cover.

I looked back at him. "I thought you would have left."

He shook his head. "I'm not leaving you again. That'll be the last mistake I'll ever make."

"I'd hug you if I wasn't tied up."

"Later, we're getting out of here."

I sighed in relief. "Finally, I'm away from those two idiots."

Addy held the door to the dental truck. Doc pushed 10k in before Vasquez and I went in. I heard another gunshot before 10k pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. The car started while Vasquez undid my bindings. Once I was free, I hugged 10k back.