Thirteen

After walking for a few more minutes we finally made it to Batch 47. Doc and 10k went to get the leaves while Warren, Murphy, and I grabbed the seedpods. When I pulled one of the seedpods there was this low rumbling sound.

"Easy now. You're gonna wake him," Murphy warned. What? Now he speaks Plant Z?

Warren pulled another seedpod. I jumped back when there was another rumbling sound and the Z's eyes shot straight open. The Z started to move around, making the other Z's move as well. Murphy went straight ahead and tried to do his weird superpower. I don't know what happened because the Z's around us started snarling at us. I raised the knife end of my rifle in case I need to whack a few weeds. Then Murphy wrapped the vines around his hands.

"Quick!" He said. Warren and I grabbed more seedpods while the guys grabbed the leaves. "I can't hold this for long."

"Use whatever muscles you don't have!" I shouted as I shoved more seedpods into the bag

The only thing that could be heard was Green Giant's screeches mixed with Murphy's screams. Each time we pulled seemed to make things worse for both Z's and Murphy.

"I'm losing it!" Murphy yelled.

Warren took out her machete. Murphy kept screaming as the Green Giant started moving. Warren then sliced though the main root of Batch 47, making the Z weaker. Murphy finally lets go and rolls over. The other Zs started growling at us. As soon as Murphy got up, he ran out.

"Murphy!" Warren called out. She tried to follow him, but another Z jumped in front of her. Murphy, you son of a bitch. "Ok, let's go! Come on! Let's go!"

We ran the other way. Each Z tried to grab us, but we kept dodging them. Oh, I'm going to kick Murphy's ass when we get out of this tent! When we were near the exit, I was the last one out. That is until I felt someone grab my arm and pull me aside. I looked up to see Vasquez looking around the place.

"What the hell are you -" I started.

Vasquez placed his finger over his lips, signaling me to be quiet. "Zeros, mija," he whispered. "They're here."

My eyes widen. "Escorpion?"

"With them."

"We have to warn Warren and them."

I went around, but he grabbed my arm. "No, you're staying here."

I glared at him as I yanked my arm back. "You can't tell me what to do. Not anymore." I ran out of the tent when Escorpion asked for Batch 47. "Warren, don't do it!"

Escorpion gaze snapped to me. "Ahh, Senora One Shot. It's nice to see you again." He nodded his heads towards a few Zeros. Soon enough I felt a few hands grab my arms and pushed them behind my back. They shoved me to my knees in front of him. Escorpion knelt down in front of me. "Though, I do wish it was under different circumstances."

He brought his fist up and slammed it across my jaw. I groaned as I fell back down. Escorpion grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked me up before taking another hit.

"Hey!" Warren yelled.

This time when I went down, he got back up and started kicking me. I felt a blow towards my stomach, making me grunt. I tried to get up, but he send another swift kick. The wind got knocked out of me. The metallic taste fills my mouth before I began coughing the blood out. The next kick got me choking on my own blood.

"Stop, stop, stop!" 10k shouted. I looked up to see Doc holding him back. Zeros have guns, we have gardening tools.

This next kick hit my chin. More blood started pooling out. I fell face first into the ground and tried to get up. My body felt so weak that I dropped back down. The dirt hitting my face. Escorpion used his foot to flip me over before placing his foot on top of my throat. He slowly put pressure, making my eyes go wide.