Twenty

You think the Amish people would be thanking us for saving them from that hoard of Zs, but no, they're trying to kick us out.

"You English should not be here," the guy said.

"We're not staying," Warren explained. "One of our people..." She motioned towards Serena. "She needs a place to have her baby." The guys looked at Serena, but didn't say anything. "Can I talk to a leader? An elder?"

"No, no, I...I am leader now. All elders are dead." I scoffed at the guy. Leader, my ass. "And it is not safe for you here."

"And why not?" I snapped. I'm pretty sure we can take care of ourselves and them. If they haven't noticed.

The guy motioned to 10k, who was next to me. "The white powder. We have anthrax here."

I glared at the guy. "Ok, you know what -"

Warren grabbed my arm. "It's ok, One Shot." She looked towards the group. "All right folks, time to go. There's no room at this inn." Oh, please, it's a damn barn. "Ah, sorry for your trouble."

"Everyone has trouble these days," the guy said.

"Ain't that the truth."

I turned, but I noticed 10k not looking well. I grabbed his arm. "Hey, are you ok?"

10k shook his head. "I don't feel so go -"

He didn't finish because he started falling forward. I caught him before he could land on the ground.

"10k. 10k," I shouted as I lowered him. 10k's eyes stared blankly up at the sky. I grabbed his face while the team knelt down next to us. "10k!" His skin felt hot against mine. I looked at the guys worryingly. "Guys, he's burning up."

"He has it," the leader said. "This disease. Milzbrand Krankheit."

"We got to get him out of here," Doc said frantically. I nodded in agreement.

"And take him where?" Warren asked.

"I dunno. Some place without anthrax or anthrax zombies or anthrax sheep."

"What he needs is antibiotics," Vasquez said.

I looked up at him with a little hope. "Vasquez, please tell me you have some?" Vasquez sadly shook his head. I looked at Doc. "Doc?"

Doc began digging through his pockets. "Yeah, maybe."

He didn't find any, so he got up to check the truck. I gave 10k a worried look while one of my hands started pushing his hair back. Please, please, please, let Doc have some antibiotic.

》》》》

Doc didn't have any. What's also great is that Serena's water decided to break, note the sarcasm. The Amish men finally let us in the barn. Vasquez and I had to carry, with Warren and Doc behind us, 10k while Addy went to take Serena to a different barn. Murphy and Cassandra are hiding, not surprised.

Vasquez and I laid 10k down on the bunk bed. I knelt down next to him as this chick came over and put half of a pill in 10k's mouth before giving him water.

"What the hell is that?" I asked. "What is she giving him?"

"Cipro. From the next farm over," the leader answered. "They use it for the animals, but it will help."

"Yeah, well why's she only giving him half a pill?" Doc wondered.

"We must have enough for everyone."

"Enough for everyone to recover?" Vasquez asked ridiculously. I agree there are so may sick people in this barn. They're all taking half of a pill, which won't do much. How many pills do they have left before they run out?

One of the chicks were holding a bowl with a few towels. I got up and grabbed one before dabbing it over 10k's forehead. 10k seemed out of it, but he kept looking at me as I wiped the sweat off him.

I was still dabbing the cloth on him, but I used my free hand to reach over and grabbed his hand. I felt a little bit more relaxed when I felt 10k squeeze my hand.

》》》》

The past 30 minutes I've heard nothing but Serena screaming. I never had a kid before, never want to find out the pain it comes from it. From what I've heard, it's like a watermelon coming out of something the size of a peanut. That thought alone gave me the chills.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Addy. "Hey, Vasquez and I are heading over to the next town. Vasquez wanted you to come."

I looked from Addy before looking at 10k. "I - I think should stay here. Make sure he's comfortable."

Addy nodded. "Ok, I'll make sure to tell him."

"Thank you."

Addy gave me a light smile before giving my shoulder a comfortable squeeze. "Hey, you're doing the right thing. He'll get better and soon enough you two will be doing it in the barn right over."

I felt my cheeks turn pink. "Go, Addy." She chuckled before she left. I looked over at 10k to see him already looking at me. I gave him a light smile. "Hey, buddy. Get some sleep. Vasquez and Addy are going to find some medicine, ok?"

10k slowly nodded before he let his eyes shut.

》》》》

A/N: Alright everyone, the wait is over. Another chapter is posted. I published an OC One Shots book (request open) based off all the characters in my published stories. So if you want any one shots of 10k and One Shot feel free to head over and comment.

*Not edited.*