Nineteen

I haven't stopped laughing at the whole Serena with the automatic situation. The way she shot those 'filthy goat loving whores'...that's what got me. I never knew motherly love like that. Ahh, Murphy, the one thing you haven't manage to screw up on. Or, actually, you did screw her and got a baby out of it. And now, you are the father.

Then my laughing stopped when Serena started munching on a four-year old burger. Even I wouldn't eat that. I'm surprise she hasn't gotten sick from it.

We've been driving for a few hours. Nothing but dirt and gravel that slowly turned into a corn field. If I see the crop circle with a sign that says attack here, I'm running. Don't need aliens to probe me. And yes, I believe in aliens. If zombies could happen, why not aliens. Think about it...there is always something smarter than the other. What could be smarter than a human? Boom, aliens.

Now, I'm going off topic. We've been driving for a few hours and came across this farm. By the looks of it, it could be deserted. It's right in the middle of nowhere, a bit rundown, maybe it's inhabited with farmer Zs.

"Well we've seen Amish zombies, Mormon zombies," Addy started as we started piling out. "We get Mennonite zombies, we got ourselves a trifecta."

Vasquez took a look around. "Something must have happened here. Barn didn't look that way six months ago."

"Maybe the Zs finally got to them," I said as he took his binoculars out.

"Maybe." Vasquez got a closer look. "Wait a minute. There's some livestock. That's a good sign."

"Yeah, well, we're not going in there blind," Warren said. "So Vasquez, you take the north fence. 10k, you go south. Addy, One Shot, and I got overwatch. Be back in 20."

The guys nodded before separating. I sighed as I jumped on the hood of the truck and took my rifle out.

"Fine, I'll just take a nap," Doc yawned.

"Doc, have a snickers bar. You seem to get whiny when you're hungry," I joked.

"I wish I had a snickers bar."

》》》》

Ok, now I'm sick to my stomach. 10k or Vasquez haven't shown up, making me worried. And Serena making kissing faces at Murphy isn't helping either. Cassandra grunted at us as she motioned ahead. 10k was slowly walking towards us, which made me sigh in relief.

"We got 10k. Vasquez?" Addy asked.

I looked around before jumping down from the hood. "Not yet." I made my way towards 10k. "Any luck?"

"Yeah, there's still people here. But they ran away from me," he said.

"Zombies?" Doc asked.

"The usual. Oh, there's also zombie sheep."

"Zombie sheep?"

"Nice!" I exclaimed. The group gave me a weird look. "What? You guys had a zombie bear. What's wrong with zombie sheep?"

Warren motioned the the white powder all over 10k. "What's all that?"

10k looked at his shoulder. "Uh. Came out of a Z's head when I killed it. I dunno, maybe powdered brains?" Doc and I started laughing.

"Wash that crap off. Who knows what kinda zombie cooties are in there."

I raised my hand. "Ooh, I think I know a cure for that one." I walked up to 10k and grabbed his arm. Then I used my finger and twirled it in a circular motion. "Circle, circle, dot, dot." Then I poked his nose. "Now, you've got a cootie shot."

10k swatted my hand away, which got me to laugh even harder. Murphy slammed his hand on the car door before poking his head out.

"Are you two lovebirds done? Are we goin' in or what?" He asked impatiently. I glared at Murphy, not noticing 10k's cheeks turning pink.

"Yeah, but carefully," Warren drew out. 10k and I went towards the trunk with Doc as Warren got to the driver side. "Something about this doesn't feel right."

"Never stopped us before," Addy said.

"I haven't felt right since 1973," Doc said.

Warren drove towards the farm. We all got out and found the place completely deserted. Well, it's not deserted. The people are just hiding. Pussies. Another breath of relief escaped me when Vasquez came up to us.

"What happened to you?" Warren asked.

"A few Zs," Vasquez lied. I gave him a look. Vasquez isn't a good liar. Not to mention he isn't covered in that white powder like 10k. Vasquez noticed my look and returned it, telling me to keep my mouth shut he'll tell me later. He held up a small bag. "I found this."

"What is it?"

"Cured ham." He tossed it to Doc, who looked a bit happy. "Maybe mutton." As long as it's not haggis, I'm ok. Vasquez pulled his pack off. "And for you...strawberry jam. Top five missed foods, right?"

He handed Addy the jam. "Thanks."

Vasquez looked at me as he reached into his bag. "And for you, mija..."

My eyes widen as he pulled out a very small jar. "Peanut butter! Yes!"

Warren gave him a look. "Now you're finding food. How are you always finding this stuff?"

"Well he found the key to my heart," Doc said. "Smoked pig."

I opened the jar and dipped my finger in. "You always knew I love peanut butter." I held the jar out for 10k. He dipped his finger in as I licked the peanut butter off mine. Never knew how much I missed peanut butter till today.

Vasquez chuckled. "How could I forget? You use to run around your house naked covered in peanut butter when you were three."

"Not ashamed of admitting," I stated happily.

"A little One Shot running around naked," 10k commented. He looked down at me as he grabbed more peanut butter. "Do you still do that now?"

I punched his arm as I tried to hold back my laughter. "No. And you're not going to see it either."

Warren placed her hands on her hips as she scanned Vasquez. "Why don't you have white powder on you?"

Vasquez looked confused as he placed his bag back. "White powder?"

She looked at 10k, who was still covered in white powder. Vasquez, you've got some explaining to do. But not now because we heard growling coming from inside the house. Warren, Doc, Vasquez, 10k, and I took our guns out while Addy twirled her bat. A few Zs stormed out. Addy went after one and swung her bat across the guy's face. The white powder emerged, making her cough. I was about to go, but Vasquez held me back.

"Pull back! Pull back!" Warren rushed out. "Come on! Get out of there!"

Vasquez fired the one furthest from us. The white powder come out of that Z's head before it dropped dead. Dead dead. I held my rifle up and shot the Z nearest. It went through its neck, more powder coming out. 10k was about to shoot, but I saw more Zs.

"10k, behind you!" I yelled.

"Heads up!" Warren added.

One of the Zs held a shovel up, but 10k moved so the rounded end could impale the other Z. He took his knife out and stabbed the Z's shoulder. A female Z was running at Doc. He used the ham/mutton as a weapon. He twirled the rope end before sweeping the Z off her feet. Then 10k came up from behind her and stabbed her head in. More powder came out and covered those two, making them cough.

Ok, now I have seen everything.