ONE.

KYLA'S POV

KYLA'S POV.
2/1/20

I walked up the stairs lugging the last of my things.
Here I was making some 'new start' living with my older sister Zara. I didn't exactly like home but that was where all my friends were. All of my things were finally delivered, except my baby, Blu. A good friend, Jaylen is dropping him by soon.

My plan is to try to live regular life I guess, I need a job make some money blah blah blah. I looked around the room trying to think of ways to decorate it. I heard my sister calling my name so I went downstairs and there stood Jaylen holding Blu on a leash.

"Hi baby!" I said leaning down and rubbing his head as he got all excited to see me, my baby was a bluey grey American bully.

"Girl come here." Jaylen said moving Blu out of the way.

He gave me a big hug, he's probably the closet thing I have to a sibling since my sister is so terrible at doing that job. Although I'm now living with Zara we don't get along, like at all but we move I guess.

Jaylen would always take care of me growing up. My sister was a shitty one growing up so he took over although he was her friend originally not mine.

I'm only living here until I can save for an apartment of my own. Meaning my priority is getting a job. I'd already been looking at apartments, I'd need quite a bit more money for rent and money for furnishing. But I was grateful to at least have my car.

It was my first big girl purchase, it was very much needed. The more I started working late shifts, I needed transport. Because walking to and from in the dark was not safe at all.

|

I looked around as Jaylen drove, he wouldn't tell me where we were going. He parked up at a club and we got out then made our way inside. He took me up to an office and knocked on the door before we heard a voice. We headed in and a lightskin guy was sitting down at the desk, he was fine as hell.

He looked mean too, his hair was styled in straight backs. And he was covered in tattoos, as soon as he looked up his eyes landed on me.

"You're Kyla right?" he asked, obviously I am but I wasn't going to speak my mind.

"Yeah you're the owner?" I asked and he nodded.

"You need some strippers or something?" I questioned, back home I was a stripper and bottle girl.

"Kyla, sit your lil ass down." Jaylen smacked his lips.

I waved him off and sat down, they started talking, so to occupy myself I looked around the office. I'm hoping this guy can give me a job because finding a decent job is impossible. Nowadays jobs pay you a little fee but work you like a dog.

"You a thief?" the guy asked...Lord he even sounds sexy.

"You a thief?" I asked reciprocating the tone he spoke in.

"Nigga ignore her she just difficult." Jaylen nudged my head.

"Speak for yourself, why am I here?" I asked, I could imagine Zara back at the house complaining that my unpacking wasn't done. Yet I was sitting in some club for God knows what reason.

"King needs someone to count money." Jaylen spoke before taking a seat.

"I can do that, I've done it before." I said, it should be easy work I hope.

"You steal from me you dead, I don't play when it comes to my business." he warned me as if he was scaring anyone.

"I'm terrified." I spoke sarcastically.

Jaylen nudged my head again, "Nigga you paying for my hair, I know you bald but stop hating on my hair." I smacked my lips.

"She's funny." King chuckled, he grabbed a duffel bag and set it in front of me.

"Lemmie see how quick you can do this and we'll see if you get the job, cool?" he asked and I nodded.

The boys walked out and left me too it. From being a stripper and counting money for my friend I was quick. It took me less than thirty minutes to count a total of fifty grand, damn his club brings in money.

I grabbed my purse to retrieve my phone, I sent a message to Jaylen to let him know I was done. A fe moments later they walked back into the office.

"There's fifty grand there, I out them in stacks of five." I pointed out.

He nodded his head looking impressed, he leaned over me and grabbed a piece of paper and pen. "Gimmie ya number, the jobs yours."

As I scribbled down my number he put a stack of money in my purse. Jaylen held the door open for me and I walked out. We left the club and hopped in his car before pulling off.

"Can we get some lunch?" I asked into for him to look at me.

"I get a thank you for the job?"

"Thank you I'll treat you to lunch." I smirked as I tucked the stack of money in my purse.

Jaylen chuckled while shaking his head, "You too much stink." He drove to the nearest restaurant and we had lunch together. Today was not a bad at all, I can't complain just yet.

|