SIX.

OMNISCIENT
19/1/20

Kyla woke up to the sound of yelling, she tried to ignore it but it got way too loud. It was Zara's boyfriend screaming at her. Kyla wasted no time hopping up and pulling on some clothes. She grabbed her gun and walked down the hall to her roam.

Growing up where she did, having a gun simply made her feel safer. When she tried to open the bedroom door it was locked. She messaged Jaylen to get to the house quickly. She stood back and flew her foot into  the door causing it to fly open.

She held the gun up once she saw him gripping and yanking Zara's hair. Zara looked terrified, her lip was split and tears streamed down her face.

"Get the fuck back!" Kyla spat as she aimed the gun at his head

"Watchu gonna do? Use it?" he chuckled cockily while gripping Zara tighter.

"Kyla leave it." Zara croaked but Kayla ignored her.

She cocked the safety off the gun "Get out."

Deon chuckled before walking to the door. "I'll be back later baby." Kyla could see the fear in her sister's face.

As soon as Deok reached the stairs Kyla's foot flew into his back causing his body to tumble all the way down to the last step. This all happened as the door opened and Jaylen stood there with King behind him.

"Fuck happened?!" Jaylen yelled as he looked at an unconscious Deon.

"Why would you do that?!" Zara yelled as she rushed down the stairs.

"So you wanted him to come back and finish the job?"

"He didn't mean it Kyla fuck!" Zara yelled in distress.

"Dumb bitch." Kyla mumbled as she walked back to her room. She put her gun away and got back into bed. Her sister infuriated her, their relationship has always been Kyla saving Zara and nothing but.

Kyla felt her eyes sting as tears welled up. She cried when she was frustrated or angry and she felt it was her biggest weakness. The door opened and she knew it was Jaylen.

"Leave me." she mumbled as she wiped her face.

"She's just mad let her cool off."

"I don't give a shit about her being mad."

"Imma go handle him. Pack a bag, I'll be back to pick you up."

As soon as the door closed she didn't hesitate to get up and pack a bag. Kyla made sure to pack as much as her duffel bag could hold. She didn't want to be near Zara right now.

Her phone pinged, it was Jaylen;

Brother🖤
Imma be a while, use ya key and let ya self in

She stuffed her phone in her back pocket and made her way downstairs. Zara was in the kitchen still looking a mess and feeling sorry for herself. Her eyes landed int he bag and Kyla moving around her to find Blu's leash.

"Where are you going?" Zara sniffled, but Kyla ignored her.

Kyla walked out of the house with the door slamming behind her leaving her sister to break down in tears. The whole drive to Jaylen's house was silent, she was that irritated she couldn't listen to music.

As soon as she arrived, she got Blu situated before taking a shower and getting comfortable on the couch with her blanket thrown over her. She was so tired that she drifted off to sleep.

|

The sound of the front door opening woke Kyla and Blu up. She sat up straight as she looked at Jaylen and King walking into the living room. They both had their usual miserable faces, so Kyla wondered if anything kore had happened but it was hard to tell.

"What happened?" she mumbled rubbing her tired eyes.

"Nothing for you to worry bout, you good?" Jaylen asked and she nodded.

Although she nodded, Jaylen could read her like a book. "Bro imma head back." King said to him.

Jayce rolled his eyes at his friend, he kept complaining to King that he worked way too much. He was the boss meaning he didn't have to be at the club as much as the others but he was probably there more than his workers.

"You work too much, sit down man." Jaylen waved him off while he took a seat himself.

King chuckled at his friend before sitting down. Just sitting there thinking, Kyla fell her eyes well with tears again. Today brought back too many dark memories that she wanted permanently erased from her memory.

Jaylen was well aware of Zara's previous boyfriends, it was almost like she attracted narcissists. This wasn't the first time Kyla has had to save her sister from an abusive boyfriend.

"Cmere'n talk to me." Jaylen said, pushing the cushions to one side so Kyla could sit beside him.

She scooted over and sat beside him and he draped his arm over her shoulder. He frowned seeing her tear filled eyes.

"Ay bro do me a favour and grab my stash real quick." Jaylen said to King.

King nodded before going to grab Jaylen's most recent stash which was in his room, giving him some time to talk to Kyla privately.

"Wassup?" he asked while rubbing her back.

"Nothing...I just hate that today happened." she mumbled, while wiping her tears away.

"You held ya own and protected your sister that's the main thing aight?" he said, Kyla nodded. She felt as if her sister didn't deserve her protection, when she needed Zara to protect her she wasn't there.

But Kyla didn't want to get into the ins and outs with Jaylen as he didn't know all of what had previously happened. Due to Zara swearing her to secrecy.

King returned with the stash, he sat down and rolled a blunt while Jaylen rolled one for Kyla. He frowned once he saw an unfamiliar bag in his stash.

"Ky the fuck is this?" he asked holding up the small plastic baggie.

"Oooh put some of that in there." she nodded, whenever she's over at Jaylen's, his stash is her go too. So she tucked away a bag of lavender and rose which she uses to help her relax and sleep.

"Girly ass blunt." he mumbled before sprinkling some.

Once he was rolled he handed it over to her. While the boys talked business and smiled, Kyla smoked half her blunt before feeling herself getting tired all over again.
Her eyes got heavy so she plopped her head on Jaylen's arm, he threw her blanket over her and she fell right asleep.

|

Five comments if you want next chapter