TEN.

OMNISCIENT
23/3/20

After replying to some happy birthday messages, Kyla got up and started to get ready. Today was the big one, twenty one. But she didn't really celebrate her birthday. She was a little upset because Tyler hadn't messaged or called her. It was as if he'd gone MIA. So she said fuck it and called him patiently waiting for a reply. She didn't care about what had happened between them they were supposed to be best friends.

"Hello." a girls voice greeted.

Kyla frowned, she didn't recognise the voice "who is this?"

"Tyler's girlfriend who the hell is this?" the girl asked with pure attitude laced in her voice.

"Watchu answering my phone for?" Kyla heard in the background.

"Some girl called you."

Kyla heard Tyler mumbling something before the line fell silent, "Ky?"

"You have a girlfriend?" Kyla asked, she didn't care about him having a girlfriend. She would of appreciated him saying that rather than ignoring her for weeks, as if she's done something wrong.

"I was gonna tell you." he mumbled.

Kyla didn't care and low-key regretted even calling him so she hung up. She didn't have much time to think since the buzzer for her apartment door was going off.

Her apartment had become her own place and she loved it. The decor was just what she imagined. And even better, Blu loved it, which made Kyla even happier. She walked over and pressed the buzzer, seeing it was Jaylen and King. She opened the door, just in time for their appearance.

"Why the long face?" Jaylen asked while trying to give her a hug.

"Nothing." she said keeping it short, she didn't feel like explaining anything.

"Where you going?" King asked, seeing she was dressed and ready to go. Personally King didn't care about Jaylen knowing what was going on between them. But Kyla made it clear they weren't in a relationship so there was nothing to tell. King understood but he knew there was more to the story.

"To get food." she looked around to find her purse.

"You ain't doing nothing fa ya birthday?" Jaylen frowned, Kyla shook her head.

Jaylen himself had plans himself so he simply dropped off her gift and left. Leaving King with Kyla, he closed the door behind him.

"What's going on?" he asked, while following her into the living room.

"Nothing, thank you for the flowers." she said, this morning she woke up to a delivery of the most beautiful flowers. Which made her feel that little bit better.

"No problem....you busy later?"

"Why do you always ask that instead of say what you want to say?" she asked making him laugh.

"Fair enough. Can I take you out to dinner?" he asked while looking in her eyes. Kyla could have sworn she felt her heart rate physically start to speed up in that moment.

"Yes but only if you actually give me a dress code this time." she said and King nodded. She was tired of him saying just to dress comfortable.

They made a few arrangements for tonight before King grabbed his phone and tapped a few things. In a second, Kyla's phone pinged. She looked down at the notification, frowning.

"What is all this for?" she asked.

"If you wanna get ya hair and nails done before tonight." he shrugged.