SEVEN.

OMNISCIENT
5/3/20

Kyla was walking with Blu by her side, he was getting better at walking off the leash. She didn't feel like driving; herself and Zara still weren't talking so she felt like getting out of the house. It had been a whole month but she didn't care, she wasn't going to apologise. Zara was acting childish but Kyla refused to retaliate.

She noticed a car pull up which made her cautious but she noticed it was King's mustang. He got out and walked over to her, Blu instantly stopped and walked over to him.

"Traitor." Kyla mumbled to herself.

"Watchu doing walking around?" he asked, patting Blu's head

"I just wanted to get out of the house."

"So what, you just wanted to walk?" he asked knowing very well she had a car, Kyla nodded in response.

"Cmon get in, I'm taking you home." he said opening the back door and Blu hopped in.

"I don't want to I'm hungry." she frowned, she hadn't eaten all day.

"You always hungry."

"So can we get pizza?" she asked, King chuckled and nodded.

She got in and he drove back to hers so he could drop off Blu. Afterwards, King headed to the nearest pizza joint, he parked up and they got out. The water seated them in a mini booth, as he handed over the menus his eyes were trying to lock with Kyla. But she was too busy thinking of what to get.

"You good?" King asked which made the smaller boy jump.

The waiter didn't say anything he quickly rushed off. King shook his head and flagged down another waiter so they could order.

"Y'all fight a lot?" King asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah that's why I'm looking for a new place." she shrugged, her relationship with her sister had alway been bad so this was normal for Kyla.

"You moving again? Does Zara know?"

"No she doesn't care." Kyla shrugged while her eyes scanned around the restaurant.

"I know you keep telling me I'm nosey as hell but why you live here then?" he asked, they'd been seeing each-other everyday at the club. But he still didn't know anything about her.

"My mom died and Zara said I couldn't take care of
myself. What about you for a change? Since you never talk." she said, they were interrupted when the waiter came over with their drinks. 

"I got a couple brothers they live round here. Some nieces nephews." King shrugged as he didn't know what more to say.

"I bet you the odd one out right?" she asked making him frown.

"Watchu mean?"

"They all got kids but you?"

He nodded "And you single too?" she tried to hold in her laugh but couldn't. King's face was priceless when she said that.

When talking to oke another, they turned the conversation away from themselves when they wanted to talk about a different topic.

"You know housing is expensive right?" he asked, he understood that she wanted out because of Zara. But living alone wasn't cheap.

"Did you just call me broke?" she frowned, he sighed not wanting to offended her.

"No ma, I'm saying you young. Where you getting money like that?"

The nickname didn't got unnoticed "I don't like being called that. And I've worked since I was twelve I think I'll be just fine."

"My fault but twelve? Ya momma let you get a job as a kid."