THIRTYTHREE.

OMNISCIENT
28/6/22

This morning all Kyla had been doing was crying. The end of her second trimester had unlocked a whole new level of hormones. She'd been sobbing because she missed King but he was working this morning.

She'd taken maternity a little early, because of the strong fumes, she was unable to work at the tattoo store. King wanted her to have stress free pregnancy so he was all for her taking early maternity leave.

So her focus was her brand deals and her page as it bought in the majority of her money. When she heard the door open and close she quickly wiped her tears away. King came into view, carrying in a McDonald's bag of breakfast.

"Why you crying pretty?" he frowned.

He quickly set the bag down before sitting beside her. "I missed you." she croaked.

King's heart broke and melted in the same moment. He pulled off his puffer jacket before giving her a much needed hug and kiss.

"I've been gone for hours, why you ain't call me?" he asked, rubbing her back.

"Because you were working." she shrugged, while trying to avoid looking at him in the eyes.

King grabbed her chin and turned her head. "Ya eyes red as fuck, how long you been crying?"

"I don't know...is that for me?" she asked, pointing to the bag, making him chuckle.

"Yeah, eat up. Imma go get changed then we can leave." he said, Kyla nodded and grabbed the bag.

King jogged upstairs to get changed, today was another checkup appointment for Kyla and they were due to find out the gender also.

An hour later, the pair were sitting in the doctors office. King chuckled as Kyla was swinging her feet. They were patiently waiting for the doctor to get back.

"Baby can we get pizza?" Kyla asked, looking over to King.

"We can get it for dinner."

Kyla put her hands in her stomach as she felt the baby moving. King stood to his feet and did the same. As always a smile spread across his face, at the feeling of his baby-girl. The both of them were convinced it was we a girl.

King's mom has been telling them about old wives tales and superstitions around how to find the gender of an unborn baby. Although they tried not to feed into it, they still believed it was a girl.

The door opened and the doctor reentered. After sitting down she sanitised her hands and got started.

"Here's baby, facing us today. The baby is around the side of an ear of corn right now. You'll be feeling more movements now as well as kicks." she explained.

The doctor went in explaining how healthy the baby was and answered any questions before it came to the end of the appointment.

"While you guys like to know the sex of the baby?"

"Yes please." Kyla said nervously.

The doctor nodded and looked closer. "It's a girl, congratulations."

Thirty minutes later, Kyla was sobbing as she sat in the car, she hated crying so much over nothing. They were both over the moon about it being a girl. But King thought she'd fallen asleep because her hood was all the way over her face.

"You're gonna fuck your eyelashes with all this crying Princess." King shook his head.

"I can't help it....can we go to the cabin this weekend?"