NINETEEN.

OMNISCIENT
20/7/20

Kyla groaned at the sound of her alarm going off. She had a long session today at work-but was hoping to finish at a decent time. She'd barley had any sleep, she woke up out of nowhere after a nightmare so she stayed on the couch to save herself from any embarrassment.

The nightmares made her feel weak and that was one feeling she couldn't endure. It had been a little while since she had one.

"Here baby." she said before setting Blu's food out.

She went into her room and quietly put an outfit together. After a quick shower and doing her hair, she was ready to go. But first caffeine, she went into the kitchen to make herself an iced-coffee in her favourite Starbucks tumbler. Once she learnt to make the perfect coffees she stopped paying a stupid amount of money for Starbucks.

"Baby why ain't you wake me?" King asked walking out of the bedroom, he didn't like her leaving without saying goodbye.

"You was sleeping good." she said with a shrug, King was one of the hardest people to wake up.

"What time you finish?"

"Hopefully two." she crossed her fingers, if she finished at that time then she would be able to take a proper nap.

"I'll take you." King said, before Kyla could say anything he disappeared into her room to get dressed.

As Kyla stood at the counter making her drink, Blu was standing right between her legs and the counter. He knew she was making something edible as well as getting ready to leave.

"Bring his fat ass I'm taking him to mines." King said as he walked out now dressed in a white T-shirt and black Nike sweats.

"You not a fat ass don't worry." she said blowing Blu a kiss. Kyla was convinced he could understand her.

While she put him on the leash, King grabbed her drink to take a sip. One sip turned into four, Kyla smacked her lips and shook her head. Everything that Kyla had he wanted to try it too simply because it was hers.

Once they were in the car, King drove off to the tattoo store that Kyla worked at. He could see something was up but she clearly didn't want to speak on it.
Kyla kissed him goodbye and got out, once she was safely inside King drove off.

|

King sat at his desk looking over some details, he was looking into expanding his company. He'd been contacted by a few investors who were interested in helping him open up a new spot in a different city.

There was a knock on the door, causing Blu to sit up.  He'd been with King all morning running errands. He even took Blu to Isaac's place since he had to watch the boys for a little while.

King rubbed Blu's head and scooted him back behind the desk so he would scare whoever walked in.

"Come in." King said, closing his laptop, his eyes were burning from how much he'd been looking at the screen. He was due to leave and pick up Kyla soon anyway.

The door opened and Jasmine poked her head in, "Jaylen's here." she said causing him to frown.

Jaylen hadn't really been around since the last time he came to see King. But King told Jas to let him up, she nodded and exited the room. So he didn't know what to expect from this visit, as Jaylen had been keeping his distance from Kyla as well as King.