THIRTYSIX.

OMNISCIENT
30/1/23

Today a thought a had been hanging over King's head, his father. It had been a little while since he's been to see him and he felt guilty. King was just like his father in every way, so he thanked him for the man he was today.

"Baby you okay?" Kyla asked, she'd noticed that King was a little quiet.

"Uh yeah...we can go somewhere quick?"

"Sure." she nodded, she wasn't in a rush to make dinner. Kyla was actually hoping to fulfil her craving of pizza.

It was cold out so they all got bundled up and ready to go. King drove them down to the cemetery where his father was buried. It made his heart ache to come and visit his fathers grave.

Kyla held onto his hand as he guided them down the pathway. She had Kennedy bundled up in her baby wrap, which was around Kyla's body securely. They sat down on the bench beside the walkway.

"You want to talk?"

"I can't explain how much it burns that you and Ken never got to meet him." he shook his head.

When his father passed, everyone kept telling him it would get easier but it was the biggest lie. Because as you start experiencing new things and opening new doors, you're constantly reminded how much your loved one is missing out on.

"He's watching over you baby, you know that."
Kyla said, she strongly believed in an afterlife.
She didn't think death was the finale, your spirit lived on.

Kyla decided to give him a little time, he took Kennedy who stopped fussing as soon as she was buried in the warmth of her daddy's jacket. He held her close as he leaned down to his father's headstone.

"Pops...I hope to God you are looking over me man. I wish you coulda met this little girl right here..but she's gonna know who her poppa is regardless." he sighed.

King looked down at Kennedy, he gently kissed her forehead causing her to look up. "You looking more and more like ya mommy you know that?" he said rubbing her chubby cheek. Kennedy was literally a copy and paste of Kyla, from her button nose to her gorgeous eyes and plump lips.

Kemnedy cracked a gummy smile, he kissed her nose before slowly walking back to the car. He got her buckled into her car seat before getting into the drivers side.

"You okay baby?" Kyla asked and he nodded, he actually meant it, he hoped that eventually his heart ache would suppress.

He needed to go and visit his father more so that it wouldn't hurt so much each time. King drove them home, he could most definitely use a nap. So that exactly what he did, he carried Kennedy upstairs.
He got them both changed before getting them into bed.

"We can't sleep too long so let me set an alarm." King tapped a few buttons and set an alarm for an hours time.

He kissed her cheeks before setting her down in her crib. Meanwhile downstairs, Kyla was preparing dinner. She was making smothered lamb chops, potatoes and grilled veggies.

Now that she had the space to do so, she loved cooking herself and King. While that was her job most days, King was the neat freak so he would clean.