~chapter 1~

(Hi, future author here. Don't worry about how silly-wonky the chapters are going to be, I'm in the process of rewriting some stuff, so, yeah)

Matt's POV:

Mattholomule transferred to Hexside last week. He hadn't had much luck making any friends, not that his defensive attitude towards the other students helped much, so he thought that maybe he could join a club.

Matt often told himself that the whole "friends" thing was overrated and that he didn't need any. He was just lying to himself to protect his feelings.

The last bell of the day had rung, releasing all the students from their classes and freeing them from schoolwork.

Matt had noticed the club's board on his way out. He scanned the pages for something that sounded interesting. Flyer derby was too fast-paced. Reading club just didn't sound fun. But one poster caught his attention.

Across the light blue piece of paper, read the words "H.A.S", and apparently, it stood for "Human Appreciation Society".

Matt would be lying to himself if he said he wasn't a little intrigued, so he snapped a picture of the poster with his scroll and left for home.

~Time skip to the next week on the day of Matt's first HAS meeting~

Matt walked into the room where the HAS meeting was shown to be located. He saw a small table of about 3-4 other people. Everyone looked over at him and welcomed him with big, welcoming smiles. He had never been greeted like this, so it was a little off-putting.

He set his stuff down next to a chair and sat down, placing a little bit of distance between his seat and the others.

Then someone walked in. Matt looked up and his heart skipped a beat. He cursed under his breath as he scolded himself silently.

The person set their stuff down and noticed Matt. "Hi" he said, making Matt's face instantly turn red. He never liked for attention to be put on him when he didn't want it. But something about everyone there staring at him made him want to shrivel up and die right there.

Matt managed a simple wave back to the boy, who smiled awkwardly at his gesture.

"I assume you're here for the HAS meeting, right?" He asked with a slight smile.

"Um, yeah. Yeah, that's right." Matt replied, taking a deep breath.

"Oh! Great then! I'm Gus! I'm the president of this club. What's your name?" The boy said, almost instantly illuminating the room.

Matt felt himself become less awkward and stressed. He casually replied, "I'm Mattholomule, but please just call me Matt."

The rest of the meeting went smoothly, well- untill Matt got uncomfortable and defensive.

The meeting ended with Matt storming out of the door followed by an angry Hus calling after him.

"I'll bring an actual human expert next time! You can count on that Matt!"

"I'M SURE THAT'S GONNA HAPPEN" Matt called out before turning down the hallway and out of earshot of everyone in the club.

He ran out the school doors and all the way home.

The next meeting might've been even worse. Not only did everyone scowl at him when he walked in, but Gus didn't even acknowledge him being there untill he brought in the "expert".

However, when the "expert" took down their hood, something in Matt's brain clicked.

This wasn't an expert... it was the human girl that was banned from hexside!

Matt jumped up from his seat and dashed out of the room, adrenaline taking over his brain and body.

He turned the corner and saw two of those creepy guard-things.

"HEY! YOU TWO! SOMEONE IS CAUSING TROUBLE OVER HERE!" He called out, getting the attention of the two monsters.

They quickly followed him back to the room where the meeting was being held.

"HER!"He screamed, "She is banned from this school! She can't be here!"

The girl had a confused look on her face and said, "What? No. The ban is lifted, right Gus?"

Gus looked like he wanted to die right then and there as he stumbled for words.

The two beasts sized the girl and dragged her to the detention room.

Everyone else in the club had had the right idea and grabbed their stuff and left quickly. Only Matt and Gus were left in the room.

"WHAT THE HECK MATT!" Gus screamed, turning around and facing him.

"What did you expect me to do? Did you expect me to be all nice and shy and all 'I'm new and dont have any friends, blah blah blah?!!" Matt retorted defensively.

"NO! I just didnt expect you to be a downright jerk!"

He turned around and punched the bell. The guards came back into the room and dragged both of the boys to the detention room.

"I didn't do anything! Let me go!" Matt screamed, trying to break free.

They threw the two into the room and they landed with a thud. Matt looked up and saw a horrifying beast before he was swallowed by the darkness.

He blacked out.

When he finally woke up, he found himself in the healing coven. His heat hurt and he felt weak. He took a second to regain a sense of his surroundings before standing up.

He grabbed his bag and walked quickly out of the building.

On his way back, he stopped at the park right by his house.

He sat on a swing and thought to himself, the events of the day playing over and over through his head.

Why was I such a jerk to them...

(END scene)
So, I wanted to just write a little something, I don't know how long the overall story will be, but I hope you enjoy it. Also, sorry if some of the scenes or sentences don't make sense. I try my best to make this make as much sense as I can, but sometimes I forget words that would fit better. Again, I apologize.

(Future author again. Hi. So, I'm rewriting most of these to be from third person pov. I know it's going to be a weird change untill I fix the chapters, but please bear with me on this one. I really hope you stuck around till the later chapters because I promise it gets better😭)

I hope you enjoyed!