~Chapter 15~

Matt's POV:

It had been a week since Gus had last came over. Although I am glad that he hasn't needed my help with anything for a week, I do think it would be nice to hang out with him a bit. The kids at glandis have been talking about something called Galdorstones? I have no idea what they are.

We were sitting at lunch the other day when Bria said, "Hey, meet me outside of the school Saturday at noon. I want to show you guys something". We all agreed. I only did because the first time I didn't go somewhere Bria told us to meet at, she hexed me and it lasted 3 days. It was bad...

It's currently 11:30 but I'm already there. Another thing about Bria is that when she says a time, she means 20 minutes before the time she said. I don't know if it's a girl thing or not, but it really confuses me.

I'm waiting on the steps and Bria, Gavin, and Amgmar all walk up. I guess they saw eachother on the way here and walked together. Bria says, "You, stand up and follow me" while pulling map out of her side-bag.

~Time skip~
A/n
(OK, were skipping to after the "Thrpugh the Looking Glass Ruins" episode because I do t want to write all of that)

I stood by the entrance pillars and watched as Bria and her gang frantically ran away. It was satisfying, to say the least.

Gus comes over to me and shouts, "DUDE! THAT WAS AWESOME!!" "You know it was!!' I say back. He starts flapping his hands in excitement. It was really adorable.

I've had quite a bit of time to think things over, and I think I have a crush on Gus. I've decided not to tell him for now. I feel like our friendship has finally gotten to a really good point. So if I do ever tell him, it'll be somewhere down the road.

The old man (who's name I forget) walks over to us and says, "That was simply splendid work young boys! I would appreciate it very much if you two could help me keep out kids like those. They keep disturbing this sacred graveyard."

Gus looks at me, and I nod my head. "Ok, well help." The old man clapped his hands together excitedly and said, "Oh good! You two should meet here every Saturday to help build defenses. Anything your young minds can think of will help for sure!"

He does some sort of weird jig. He is a bit of a kook but I'm more than willing to help if Gus is. "Yeah, that sounds great. But we have to be heading home now sir" Gus says. I nod and say, "Yeah, well come back on Saturday though".

He nods and says, "See you boys then!" We turn around and walk back home.

"That was so cool Gus! I don't think I've ever seen such an amazing illusion in my whole life!" He looked and looked at me. His cheeks were a bit red and he smiled and said, "Thanks! I didn't even know I could do that honestly"

I couldn't wait to hang out with Gus every Saturday. Just being around him makes me feel happy. He slowed down walking a little and said, "Hey, can we just sit down for a minute or so? Using that much magic kinda drained me"

"Yeah, of course" I replied. We walked to the side of the trail and sat on a big rock. We continued talking about mostly random stuff for a few minutes. "Ok, we can start walking back again" Gus said. We both stood up and continued our walk home.

About 15 minutes later we reached the part of the road where I had to turn to get to my house. "Bye Gus, I enjoyed having out today"   "Yeah, me too! Bye Matt." He said. We both walked out separate ways and went back to our houses.

When I got to my room I closed the door and laid on my bed. I really really like Gus, he's such an awesome person. He treats me like... an actual person. And he's really the only one who respects me as a person. He just makes me feel so- happy. 

I covered my face with my pillow. I'm smiling so ridiculously much, I hope nine of my siblings come in right now. I sit up and turn on the TV.

I've thought about telling Gus the way I feel. But; 1) I don't know how he'll react and it scares me 2) A good time hasn't exactly shown up either

I get bored of what's happening on TV so I grab some drawing stuff. I'm not the most talented artist, but I like to practice every now and then.

Gus POV:

I said bye to Matt and walked home. It had been a month or so since my mom moved out, but I still didn't like being home that much. It's too empty.

I walk past the kitchen table and see a note from my dad. It says <I'm at the store, I won't be back till dinner!>. Nice, an hour and a half to myself. I walk upstairs to my room. And close the door.

Normally I would practice some illusions, but I don't want to do any, im too tired. So instead I turn on some TV and try to take a nap.

But my mind had other plans. All I could think about was what happened today. I try to quiet my brain, but all it goes back to is the Graveyard. And Matt.

I came to terms a week or so ago that I liked Matt. I just didn't expect it. Not that he isn't a likeable person- it's just that we were practically enemies the first time we met. I wouldn't have expected to have a crush on him.

But since I've gotten to know him better, I've found out that he's really a nice person. He's sensitive, but really tough. He's also caring, and funny. Being around him makes me feel safe... The only other person who can make me feel safe is Willow- and I've known her for a really long time!

Even if I can never gather the courage to tell him, being friends is good enough for me. Afterall, being just friends is better than nothing at all.

I give up on my dreams of taking a nap and draw a bit instead. Luz gave me some human art supplies a few weeks ago. They're not all that different from the art supplies we ha e here on the Boiling Isles.

I start mindlessly doodling on the paper.  First I draw Owlbert, then some flowers. I draw the ones from the human realm. Luz showed me pictures of them. And I memerized every detail of every one she showed me.

By the time I was done drawing, the page was covered in tulips, sunflowers, orchids, and roses. Rose's were my favorite. Not only were they pretty and fun to draw, but they also stood for love. I find it very romantic.

I put the sketch book away and call Willow and Luz to gossip about what's been going on lately.

(End scene)

Don't mind how lazy I got when it came to the part with the "through the Looking Glass Ruins" episode part took place. I just didn't feel like writing it and you guys will still have the same context.

I haven't gotten around to making more cover art for the chapters so if you notice me posting more of other people's art, that's why.

Another note- you guys are going to absolutely LOVE chapters 17 and 18. I am so proud of them and I can't wait to share them with you guys!!

I hope you guys are having a good day/night. Don't forget to stay well-hydrated amd get enough sleep!

For you:
---------->💖💖💖