~chapter 7~

Not exactly art, just a screenshot. I don't know why the pictures aren't staying up here but yeah. 🤷

Matt's POV:

Willow and I headed up to my room while Gus was getting changed. I opened the door and we went in. I sat on my bed and she sat on my desk chair. She looked at me with that same face she made earlier. "No! I don't see Gus like that!" I said, trying to make her stop whatever she was thinking. She replied with, "Hmm, ok." Huh, she dropped it that quickly? "Then what do you see Gus as?" She added on. Oh, I never really thought of that, I mean- I think we're friends, but we might not be- UUGHH I DONT KNOW.

"He's just a friend" I said. "Then why's your face all red?" She said, smirking a bit. Then she saus, "Im all seriousness, im just kidding around, this is all your business, and I'm not one to intrude". Why does she have to do this right now?! "How about you go check on Gus, he's been down there for a while" I said. She nodded and stood up. When she was out of the room I covered my face with my hands. "Stupid stupid stupid stupid STUPID" I yelled at myself.

I calmed down a bit and my face turned its normal color. Just then Willod and Gus walked into the room. Willow was helping him stand amd he was sort of limping. He gave me a half smile and they walled over to my bed where I was sitting. I felt my face heat up a little.

Gus sat down but Willow went back over to the chair where she was sitting earlier. There was a thick silence that covered the room, like a dense forest fog. It was broken up by one of Gus's sniffles. I looked over and he was crying and rocking back and forth. I scooted closer to him and Willow stood up and sat next to him. He grabbed both of our hands and held them really tightly. It actually started to hurt at one point but I didn't really notice, all my attention was on Gus.

He started to calm himself and when Willow noticed she started to breathe slowly in..... and out...... in....... and out.... Gus caught on and matched his breathing with hers. He eventually was calm enough that he loosened his grip on my hand quite a bit. It was only then I realized I had held his hand... again! Matt, whatever you're thinking, stop it! Get out of your head and pay attention! "Hey- um, if you don't mind me asking... how-... how exactly did this happen?.." I asked. They both looked at me. I felt like I said something wrong so I quickly moved to let go of his hand and stand up. But when I tried to stand up he grabbed my hand again and pulled me back down next to him.

He sat up a bit more straight and took a sharp breath, he squeezed my hand a bit tighter but only for a few seconds. He exhaled and began to tell the story.

"So, a few years back, I advanced two grades further, so I was the youngest in all my classes. Which also meant I was also an easy target for bullying. Boscha had seized every opportunity tunity she could to make my life a living hell. At first it was, but I just learned to ignore it. She started out with small things, throwing paper balls at me, calling me names, nothing too bad. But recently this year, she's been getting a lot more violent" he shudders "She's taken almost every opportunity out of school to try and physically harm me. She'll beat me up, steal my things, force me to do things that harm myself."

When he says that he points to his arms, which had scratch marks and scars from falling amd scraping his arms on the ground. I had never noticed that before.

"What happened the first time you helped me Matt- was her beating me up. I was at the park and she came and punched me in the face and just left. But this time, she did something she's never done-"

He cut off and had a scared look in his eye, as if saying whatever did happen would make it happen again. My heart sank more and more as he continued. I looked over at Willow and her face was turning red from anger, and tears were barely being held back.

Gus took a deep breath and continued cautiously. "Boscha.... she......pulled a knife.... on me" he said, looking at me. His eyes were fearful, and I almost started crying when he said that. That bitch, were going to be having words.

"Matt! I know what you're thinking! No! Stay out of it! You'll get hurt!" He said, letting go of Willows hand and grabbing my other hand in his. I felt a comforting warmth in that breif moment. His eyes were teary and I could see how much he really meant it. But he let go of both of my hands almost as soon as he held them, I felt a bit colder. He turned around and faced Willow, she was crying with uncontrollable rage, he grabbed both of her hands and said, "You too Willow! I know you must be so mad but-" he stopped what he was saying and shot his hands towards his leg to hold it. (It's like what you do when you get a bruise or somethin, you know... you hold it with your hands-? I hope yall know what im talking about)

He took some sharp breathes and started rocking back and forth. I hesitated slightly but put my hand on his shoulder to try and comfort him. I noticed face heat up a bit but I pushed that aside and focused on Gus.

After a few minutes the pain stopped and he calmed down. "Hey- Gus, Willow. I think it'd be best if you two stayed here tonight. Gus isn't in God condition and my sister is the best one to help him. And Willow, you know Gus best so you can help him feel better. But you don't have to stay- I just highly recommend it for Gus's health and- I'll - I'll stop talking." I cut off and looked down at my feet. My face was burning in embarrassment. Why, why, why, why, why am I like this?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a voice. "Yeah- my dad doesn't normally care if I stay over at a friend's house unannounced, I just have to text him first. I'll say I'm at Willows or something again." He gave me a smile, I felt my fave heat up a bit.

Willow chimed in and said, "Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine with my dad's, I'll just say I'm at the Owl house with Luz amd Gus.". They both smiled at me. I felt a bit awkward because of that though, I don't like spotlight.

I quickly shifted topics and said, "Well- maybe we should get something to eat since you guys are spending the night."
They both nodded, Willow and I got up and helped Gus walk down the stairs and to the table. I walked over to the stove an heated up some water. "Is 'Bat-and-cheese' good for you guys?" They both responded with a "yeah".

(A/n, just pretend that 'Bat-and-cheese' is their equivalent to Mac and cheese. It's just easier that way, im too lazy to come up with something that would actually fit with the actual worlds and whatnot)

~Time skip to later that night~

Gus POV:

I found it really kind of sweet how much Matt worried. It was quite uncharacteristic of him based on the past.... but maybe he actually has changed? His face turns red whenever he gets embarrassed, which happens quite a lot.

I found myself staring into space and snap back to reality. We are in his room right now watching TV. Him and Willow are both sleeping on separate inflatable air mattresses on the floor. Matt and Willow refused to let me sleep on the floor so I have the bed, it does make me feel really guilty though. They both might get hurt because of me, if Boscha found out I told anyone.... I shuddered at the thought.

No Gus, you have to stop thinking abut this, you're only gonna make yourself feel worse. I turned over, so instead of facing the wall, I was now facing towards the rest f the room. I opened my eyes and saw someone sitting up on their mattress, I couldn't make out quite who it was because of how dark the room was. I sat up slightly, then they said something to me, "Can't sleep?".

Why is Matt up so late?

(End scene)

So yeah! I think this is the longest chapter I've ever written so far. (Too bad I can't get a grade for it, I could use the extra writing points 🥲) I really hope you guys enjoyed it. Because I know I did. Its currently a 4-day weekend for me, and im sick. So thats nice.

That's about all from me, but please let me know in the comments if you like the story thus far! I do read the comments, so feel free to leave one!
Have a wonderful day/evening!

And don't forget to drink water, and please get some good sleep, I know you need it.

Here yall go!
---> 🍪❤️