~Chapter 18~

(This chapter is basically the last one retold in Matt's pov, so if you want to skip this chapter you can, but you will miss out on a few things)

Matt pov:

Ding dong

I hear the doorbell ringing. It must be Gus! He's here! I frantically scramble down the steps, way more excited than I should have been.

I get to the door. I take a couple of deep breaths to collect myself and then open up the door. "Hey Gus! Come on in!"

I motion for him to come inside. We both make our way up to my room. He sits on the edge of my bed and says, "So what did you want to tell me?"

"Oh yeah!" I say, sitting next to him. "Ok, so- do you remember me telling you about Glandis?" "Yeah, is everything going OK over there?" He says. Aww, he's worried about me... Titan he's so adorable.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I say, "That's beside the point. Anyways... my point is.... I'm moving schools!" Gus goes deep into thought. But I decide not to bring any attention to it incase he gets embarrassed. "Don't worry, I'm not leaving this old dump anytime soon" I say jokingly, fake punching him I the arm.

He smiles. He's so cute. I continue, "Do you want to know what school I'm going to?" "Yeah" he says excitedly.

"Ok..." I say, " I'm going to Hexside!!"

He looks at me, bewildered with excitement. "Wait- really?!" He says.

"Yeah!"
"Oh my gosh!!"

Seeing him this happy makes me jump up and down, flapping my hands a bit. He grabs my hands and does the same.

After a few seconds we stop and sit back down, really happy. He turns to me and says, "For a second I thought you were like- moving or something"

"Hey- don't worry. Like I said, I'm not leaving this ol' dump anytime soon" I reassure him, punching him playfully in the arm.

He then asks, "So... when do you start at Hexside?" "Tomorrow actually" I respond. "Oh wow! Do you know what classes you'll do?" He asks, intrigued. "Well, I definitely want to do the construction course, but there's another one that I want to try out as well" I reply.

His eyes sparkle whe he says, "which one is it?" He's so freaking cute... "Yes" I reply smugly, "but- im keeping it a surprise.. you'll find out eventually. I'm keeping it a surprise."

He puts his hand over his forehead, pretending to faint. He falls backwards on my bed and says, "Nooo, how dare you keep a secret of such magnitude from me- your closest friend."

I roll my eyes, he's really cute when he gets in these moods. I lay down next to him and turn on my side. I take his hand off of his forehead and say, "You'll find out soon enough drama king." I feel a faint blush on my face and sit back up.

I think to myself for a bit. Then I ask him, "Do you have any plans for the rest of the day?"
"Nope, not that I'm aware of"
"Do you wanna go for a walk or something? I dont know..."
"Sure!"

He smiles and we both go outside. Once we're a little bit away from my house he says, "Oh! Matt! I know a really cool hiking trail. It isn't too long of a trail but the scenery is cool!"

That'd be nice... "Sure" I say, "lead the way Gus!"

He grabs my hand. My face instantly flushes a light red. He doesn't seem to notice however. When we get to the beginning of the trail, he let's go of my hand and says, "Well- this is it!" I smile and say, "Well, let's go then!"