~chapter 5~

✨️Art up here is by me! Again, with any of my art i put here, please dont share it. Some people just dont credit anything so id prefer you just leave it be, thanks again! <3✨️

~Time skip to the next day~

Gus POV:

I got to school a bit early, so I waited on the steps for Willow, Luz, and Amity to arrive. I sat on the bottom step drawing in the dirt with a stick. I heard footsteps and a quick wave of panic washed over me. I looked up to see Willow walking towards me. "Hey Gus" "Hey Willow" She sat down next to me with a serious expression on her face, it was kind of off-putting, she doesn't normally have this serious of a look- ever. "What happened yesterday Gus." She asked in a serious tone. "U-umm, nothing. Why would you think anything happened yesterday?" I dont think that was convincing but hey- I gave it a shot.

"Well for starters, your dad texted me yesterday evening asking if youd eaten anything yet" Oh shit. "Oh! Umm-" "No Gus, you don't need to tell me anything you don't want to." She said, putting her hand on my shoulder reassuringly. "And don't worry either, I played along- so he isn't the wiser. I just wished you told me something was up. You're one of my best friends Gus, I care about you." I feel my throat get tight the way it gets before you cry, my heart was pounding faster and faster shit, not again. "Hey, Gus- calm down, Breathe, okay?..... deep breathes, just breathe." I did the breathing exercise she showed me.

I calmed down and she hugged me, but it made me want to cry even more. I don't deserve a friend like Willow, she's too nice and caring- I just wish I could tell her what happened. I broke the hug. "You feeling better?" She asked. "Yeah, yeah- thanks. Hey- um, can we meet here after school? There's some things I want to talk about-" I was cut off my Luz running over and pulling Willow and I into a group hug. I love Luz and all (platonically, obvi- Luz is ✨️snatched✨️ by Amity) but she needs to work on personal space.

Amity follows behind and says,"Hey guys, what's up?". Willow responds so I don't have to, "not much, what about you Amity?" "Meh, not much. I was kinda hoping your guy's lives were more interesting than mine." Luz grabs her bag and stands up, "We should probably head to class though, don't want to be late". And with that being said we all walled into school. Willow whispers something to me, making sure the others didn't hear, "I can meet you after school, I just need to tell my dads". She gave me a reassuring smile and walked off to her plants class. Luz and Amity went to abominations 101 and I headed off to illusions class.

~ Time skip to end of school day~

Willows POV:

I sat on the stairs waiting for Gus to get here. I heard footsteps, it was Boscha. "Well, if it isn't half-a-witch-Willow, are you here waiting for your little friend? If I were you I wouldn't waste your time, I dont think he's gonna show." What the heck was she talking about? Then she walked off laughing. Something wasn't right, I ran into the school. Where's Gus? "Gus!?" I yelled. I started to really panic. "GUS! GUS, WHERE ARE YOU!?" I heard some faint crying and raced to the sound. I turned the corner to find Gus leaning against a locker.

"OH MY- GUS!!"

(End scene)
Hehehe, im leaving you guys on a cliffhanger >:) Sorry for the short chapter, I recently started school and homework is a lot- so it's effecting my free time a lot. Anyways, I hope yall enjoyed, bye!

Bro, where you here, go get some sleep!

I already told you! Sleep! Now! <3