~chapter 29~

Tw!! Implied sh.

Matt's pov:

He stands at the entrance of the trail completely dumbfounded.

What the hell was all of that about?

He stands there, his hands stuffed into his hoodie pocket, balled into slight fists to keep warm.

The leaves had all fallen by now and lay scattered all over the ground.

He turns around and walks back up the trail, kicking leaves as he walks, listening to the crunch.

He reaches the clearing once more and decides to distract himself by practicing magic.

Matt casts illusions and construction spells until he is too tired to move. He realizes that the sun is starting to set but he just lays there for a bit.

He takes in the smell of the fallen leaves. He takes in the smell of winter on its way.

He also realizes how cold it's getting. He quickly stands up and brushes any leaves out of his hair. Then he makes his way home.

Holding his hands in fists in his hoodie pocket to keep warm, he's almost running back home. The temperature dropped heavily, much more than Matt was expecting. That only made it more rewarding when he walked inside his warm house.

Matt's hands, ears, and nose were still quite cold from the unexpected temperature drop. Quickly, he wraps himself in a blanket, appreciating the fuzzy warmth of it.

He walks downstairs to the basement and sits on Cora's bed. He takes a good, long look around the room. Posters of her favorite bands, fairy lights hanging from the ceiling, the big cauldron in the corner, her big pile of text books for school.... all of these were his sisters things. All of these things were her. His sister. His sister that lies unconscious in his living room couch with the rest of his family.

He stands up and turns on the fairy lights, his eyes glossed with forming tears. The lights created a comfortable ambiance that reminded him of his sister even more.

He starts shaking and draws the blanket tighter around him. His breathing is sharp and staggered. Big tears fall from his eyes once more and he drops to his knees, hitting the hard floor.

He wraps his arms around himself and lets himself cry. His throat is sore from all the crying he's done the past month but he let's himself cry anyway. I mean, why try and stop something if you know it'll happen regardless.

He cries for a long time.

He cries until the skin around his eyes is raw from wiping his eyes.

He cries until he is too physically exhausted to cry anymore.

He cries until he is too dizzy to stand up.

He cries until his throat is so damn sore that he can barely breathe without it hurting.

He cries until every last tear has been squeezed out of him, like a towel that's been wringed out after being in the wash.

He cries unill he passes out on the cold, hard, basement floor, wrapped in a blanket, and curled into a ball.

When he wakes up, it's 3 am. Every inch of him is sore from sleeping on the floor for the past few hours. He tries to walk up to his own room but is too tired. So he just decides to sleep in his sister's bed. It's not like she'll notice anyway...

As soon as Matt's head hits the pillow he's out like a light again.

Gus's pov:

After Gus finishes helping the Noceda's with dinner clean-up, he heads downstairs and locks himself in the bathroom.