~chapter 39~

Gus' pov:

"Ok..." he sighs and stands up.

He walks over to the bathroom and closes the door.

He falls to the ground and tries to keep himself together. Tears sting at his eyes. He curls his knees to his chest and covers his face with his hands. He rocks himself back and forth to keep himself from absolutely losing it.

I can't do anything right! I spent a year trying to get back to the person that matters the more to me amd not even after 1 day I've gone and fucked it all up! Why do I keep doing bad things to people. Matt is upset, and it's probably all my fault. I can't even do anything to help him. I was right, he probably hates me or something.

Not able to fight it anymore, the tears in his eyes break through and cascade down his face. He tries to wipe his eyes and get rid of them, but they're immediately replaced by new ones.

"I'm so sorry Matt. I just wanted to help you. Instead I just hurt you even more." He whispers out shakily.

He sinks into himself, crying harder and harder. Suddenly, he hears a knock at the door followed by a soft, sad voice.

"Gus? Is it okay if I come in?"

It's Matt.

What's he going to say? Is he going to be mad at me? Does he want to break up? Ugh, why'd I have to mess everything up!?

"...sure" he replies, trying to make his voice steady.

Matt opens up the door. His eyes are red and puffy, steady tears falling down his face. He looks Gus in the eyes and says, "Gus, I'm really sorry I pushed you away. You were trying to help me and I didn't know how to react. I guess I've gotten to used to being alone and keeping things to myself that when you offered to help I just.... I don't know. I couldn't wrap my head around the concept I guess."

Matt took cautious steps towards Gus and sat down next to him.

"I'm really lucky to have you... I just don't think all of that is something I'm ready to talk about yet..." he trailed off.

Gus smiled a bit. "It's okay, I understand. But don't forget that I'm always here for you. If you do or don't want to talk about it, it's fine, as long as you let me know when somethings up." He said calmly, leaning his head on Matt's shoulder. Matt seemed to instantly calm down and held Gus' hand.

The two boys sat there in silence for a bit, taking in the other's company.

After a little bit Gus said, "Oh yeah, Happy late birthday Matty. Im really sorry I missed it..."

Matt smiled and said, "It's fine, and thanks. But how about we get off the bathroom floor and get back to bed, im pretty tired."

Gus laughed a little and said, "Oh- yeah. That's a good idea."

The two very tired boys headed back into the living room and laid down on the couch. They both hugged eachother and fell asleep quickly.

(End scene)
I KNOW ITS A SUPER SHORT CHAPTER SMD IM SO SO SORRY!!!  I didn't have a lot of time to write and I wanted to put put an update tonight. So yeah, it's a little bit but it's still a short update, sorry.

Anyway, Just a little update on me I guess. I got my hair cut a few days ago and it's a lot more masc. I feel a lot more confident. But the funny part is that if I put on my little sister's elf ears (she got them for her Halloween costume) I literally look like Matt lol.

But yeah, that's about it. Thank you guys so much for reading this, you inspire me to keep trying to write things and push myself to improve. Thank you.

Stay safe my wonderful readers, I don't think I'll update tomorrow so I'll see you all in 2-3 days! <3
-------------->🍞🍞🫓🥖✨️✨️🪙🪙🪙🪙