~chapter 33~

Matt's pov:

When Matt woke up he went downstairs to get breakfast.

He begun to get ready almost as if it were a normal school day. Except he didn't put on the uniform, or pack his lunch.

Instead, he put on a normal outfit, and one of Gus' hoodies. (He had grabbed one from Gus' house a while ago) He grabbed a bag filled with about 5 books and left.

He started walking to the library. Granted, it was a pretty lengthy walk, but he didn't have anything better to do, or another way to get there seeing as he didn't get his palisman yet.

Once he got there he just walked inside and went straight to the isle that had books on magic. He intended to find every book on plant magic he could, he had already read most of them, but there were still a few he hadn't read yet.

He looked for a while, gathering a small handful of books, about 3 or 4. Then, he placed the ones he had brought back on the shelves and walked back home with his mind set on reading.

He walks back home, mindlessly humming to himself as he walks, only pausing if he needs to catch his breath.

Instead of walking straight down the road to his house, he turns and heads to the trail. He heads to the usual spot and pulls out a small blanket that was folded up in his bag.

After setting down his bag and laying out the blanket, he began to read, practicing the movements for some spells while he read.

After a few hours of reading in the shade of the forest, he gathered everything and left for home. But before he left he noticed something on the ground.

What's this? And why didn't I see this before?

It's a folded up piece of paper, he shoves it into his bag and walks off, ready to eat something.

Gus' pov:

That morning, he woke up on the couch. He looked over and saw Hunter sitting on his sleeping bag, playing with FlapJack.

When Hunter looked up he noticed Gus awake and smiled, "Hey Gus" he chirped. Tiredness still flowed in his voice.

"How much sleep did you get Hunter?" Gus asked, folding his arms across his chest and raising an eyebrow in mock suspicion.

Hunter smiled and said, "I got a full 5 hours!"

Gus smiled, glad Hunter was finally getting more than 2 hours of sleep a night.

Flapjack fluttered over to Gus and perched on his head. Then he chirped something. Gus gave Hunter a confused look, hoping he'd translate what Flapjack had 'said'.

Hunter just shook his head, "He says not to tell you till later." Gus frowned a bit, but his mood changed when he heard Camila call down to the basement, "Hey boys! I made pancakes for breakfast, come and get some while they're still nice and warm."

The two boys looked at eachother and smiled, then they raced up the stairs to get dibs on the better pancakes. (although let's be honest, any food Camila makes would be amazing)

~Time skip~

Later that night, the 6 of them had planned to try out the window-portal again.

Hunter and Gus shared a small glance, only the two of then knew it worked, and they wanted to keep it that way until they tried it tomorrow. Gus wanted to put something through the portal.

Once again, the other 5 teenagers were standing behind a protective shield while Luz turned on the portal. And just like last night, all 6 had huddled around as soon as it turned on.