~chapter 11~

Matt's POV:

I had just woken up. Although I had just taken a really long nap, I was pretty tired. I go downstairs and grab a snack.

I'm about to head back upstairs to my room when the doorbell rings, followed by some knocking. Hm? Who is it?

I open the door.

Oh my Titan.

I see Gus, except.... he looks- I don't know... but something is clearly wrong.

He's crying hysterically and shaking. If anyone were home I'd have stepped outside and closed the door so I could help him. But nobody would be hone all weekend so I grabbed his wrist gently, I dont want to hurt him, and take him upstairs.

I close the door and walk back over to Gus. I have no idea what the hell is going on or how to help. I've never had to calm someone down from any sort of panic attack, nor has anyone tried to calm me down from one- but that's not the point. I'm not sure if this even is a panic attack but whatever, I just need to get Gus back to normal.

He stumbles forward and I catch him to help him stand upright. But I'm not exactly strong nor very coordinated so my legs gave way. We both practically sat down from where we were standing.

I was sitting infront of him, but he hadn't seemed to notice anything that was going on. "Gus, what's wrong? How can I help?" I say as calmly as I can.

He doesn't answer, so I try again. "Gus, what's going on?!" This time I didn't really bother to hide my tone, "Gus!? I need you to answer me. Please!?".

Stull no response. He just sits there, tears falling from his big brown eyes- well, eye. One of his eyes had blue glazed over. He's muttering something but it's way too quiet.

I don't know how to calm him down, much less get his attention. Even though And even though I have issues with physical touch, I hug him. It's my last resort.

After about a minute or so, his breathing slows down quite a bit. And he stops shaking. But I can still tell he's crying.

I let go and so does he. I make sure I have his attention, his eye is back to normal which is definitely good. I ask him, "Gus, what happened?". He just stares at me, fear in his eyes, and says, "I-.... I dont know".

I feel so bad for him. I probably would have started crying myself, but I had cried so much earlier that I just couldn't right now. "Thank Titan for that" I thought.

Gus just looks at me, he looks like he's about to cry again. So I stand up. I hold out my hand for him to take it. "Come on" I said. He just sits there staring at me, I can see how hesitant he is. "Gus, please" I say. He thinks for a few seconds and takes my hand.

I stand him up and I take him over to my bed. He sits down and I hand him a blanket to wrap around himself. I sit down next to him.

"Okay, Gus-" I start to say, he looks at me. "Do you have any idea what might have happened? Or maybe what might ha e caused it to happen?" I ask.

His big brown eyes just stare at me. I know he's trying to say something, but nothing comes out when he speaks. So he shakes his head and then nods it.

It kinda confused me. So I say, "ok, I didnt really understand that- so I'll ask one question at a time. How's that sound?". He closes his eyes and nods his head. Okay, he can still focus on this. That's good.

I ask the first question, "Okay, so- do you know what that could have been? You know, the thing that just happened?". He shakes his head. Ok, so we have no idea what that was. Next question, "Okay, do you think you have any idea as to what caused something like that?". He paused, like he didn't want to give an answer. Finally, he nods his head. Yes.

"Do you think you could tell me what it is?" I ask hesitantly. Gus just looks down, then he shakes his head. "O-oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be nosy!" I apologize to him.

Gus makes a circle with his hand. Why's he doing an illusion spell right now? He spells out the words 'Maybe I'll tell you another time. Too painful now, just happened'.

The words disappeared with a little poof and the room went quiet again.

I feel really bad for him. Obviously something happened, but at least he isnt physically hurt. Just then I feel him grab my hand and hold it with both of his hands. They're kinda cold.

I tense up. I don't know if he noticed, I hoped he hadn't. But after a bit I relax.

We sat there for a few more minutes. The room is silent, but noises from outside leak in through the open windows. The birds chirp. The leaves rustle in the wind.

The silence is broken by Gus. His voice is a bit shaky, but he says, "Listen, Matt. I'm really sorry you keep seeing me like...... well, just- not, good- I guess." As he's talking his eyes tear up again.

"I'm sorry I keep coming to you when I have problems.. it's been, what 3 times now? And we only just really Started to talk and- I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting at... I just-"

He stumbles through the sentence. But I keep listening, I know what it's like not being able to find the right words. Plus, it's kind of cute.

He continues what he's saying, "The first time we met, we both didn't really leave good impressions on eachother. I'll admit that I'm not proud of how I acted. And you were easily annoyed by me which, isn't surprising. And I'm rambling now I'm so sorry."

His face turns red and he looks down at his hands. He then quickly let's go of mine, realizing he was still holding it. His eyes tear up again and he says, "heh, Sorry- I don't even know why I'm crying."

He wipes his eyes with his hands and wraps the blanket around him a bit more. I'm not sure what to do, im not really good at comforting people.

"Hey, it's ok to cry. And- I don't mind your rambling, I'll gladly listen" I said. He turned to looked at me, smiled and said, "Thanks Matt."

(End scene)

I'm really happy about how my chapters have been turning out recently! I dont have too much time to write these throughout the week. The only times I can write are over the weekends and before I go to bed. But no matter how little time I have, for the time being I'm going to keep writing.

The next chapter I'm pretty much rewriting this one but from Gus's point of view. Just so nobody is confused lol. Anyways, I hope you guys are doing well. Thanks for the support!

Don't forget this on your way out!
You dropped it last time!
---------------> 💖👑