chapter four

I finished brushing the last few strands of my hair.

"Well, doesn't someone look amazing." Jeremiah said as he walked into my room. "Are you accompanying us to the bonfire gorgeous?" He asked smiling.

"I believe I am." I laughed as he spun me around. "Awesome." He said, flopping on top of my bed.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask you something." Jeremiah added as he played with the blankets on top of my bed. "What's up?" I said, turning around to face him.

"Are you and Steven a thing?" Jeremiah asked suddenly, my eyes widened.

"You're kidding right? Steven and I, a thing? Never in a million years." I laughed, but his face stayed serious. "Why do you care?" I giggled.

"I don't." He finished in a serious tone.

My smile fell from my face and I turned around to continue working on my hair.

"Right. We'll we're not a thing." I repeated, no longer paying attention to the boy.

I heard him get off my bed and walk out of my room. I sighed turning to the spot he once was. In all honesty, I wish he cared.

What was the point of even asking the question then? "Hey Bri, you ready?" Steven said coming into my room.

I immediately grabbed his arm, pulling him inside and closing the door behind him.

"Woah you good?" He asked startled. "Sit." I said, pushing him on the bed.

"Jere just came in." I told the boy. "So?"

"He complimented me and then asked me if you and I were a thing. I told him no of course, but then I asked him why he cared and he just said I don't and left." I frowned, moving to sit next to the boy.

"Oh he definitely likes you." Steven smiled. "Stop lying." I pouted.

"I'm not Bri. I mean it's obvious he was jealous, right?" He asked. "I don't know anymore." I whined, tossing my head back.

We were interrupted by a knock on my door. "Can I come in?" Conrad asked.

"Yeah." I called back. He came in with Jeremiah right behind him. I saw Jere look at Steven carefully, before turning his attention to me.

"Are you two ready to go?" Conrad asked us. "Yeah, is Reign coming?" I asked, getting up from my bed.

"I'm pretty sure, he got a ride earlier and already left." He answered.

"Let's go then." Steven said getting up. I nodded, falling the three boys out. Conrad and Steven walked out first leaving Jeremiah and I back. "Not a thing my ass." I heard him mumble.

"Okay what's your problem?" I asked annoyed. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Was all he said before jogging up to catch the other two boys.

~

We arrived at the bonfire awhile ago and all of us had already drifted away from each other.

I was sitting down on the sand a few feet away from everybody. I was about to take a sip from my drink before it was knocked out of my hands.

"What the hell-" I turned to see Reign laughing. "You're an asshole." I muttered. "And you're underage." He retorted, moving down to sit next to me.

I scoffed, looking out into the water. "What's got you in such a bad mood?" He asked.

"Nothing, I guess I'm just tired." I told the boy. He nodded, before getting up. "Where are you going?" I asked. "To get you another apple juice." He joked, walking away.

I rolled my eyes, standing up and dusting the sand off my dress.

I picked up the cup that Reign made me drop, throwing it in a nearby trash bag.

"Steven!" A voice yelled. Turning around, I noticed Belly calling out the boy.

It looked like they were arguing and then I saw her fall into the sand. I quickly ran over, but by the time I got there it looked like the whole group was already there.

"Hey Bells." I smiled at the girl who looked upset. "I'm about to take her home." Steven cut me off.

"What? Steven chill out, go hang out with Shayla or something." Jeremiah told the boy.

That's when I turned and noticed a girl standing by Steven's side. "Fine. Just stay right here." Steven warned the girl before leaving with Shayla. "Look for one, I'm really happy you're here." Jeremiah smiled, grabbing Belly's hands as she smiled back at him.

I huffed, turning back around and walking away.

Although tonight was the perfect night for a bonfire, I still felt myself shiver as a breeze flew by. I decided to take a walk along the water, holding my arms close to my chest.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone?" I looked up to see Jeremiah in front me.

"Hey Jere." I replied. "Here, you look cold." He said, taking off his hoodie and handing it to me. "Thanks." I smiled.

I moved over to sit down on the sand, Jeremiah taking the seat next to me.

I sighed, laying my head on his shoulder. "You look great, if I haven't told you that already." Jeremiah whispered, placing his head atop of mine. I laughed, "You should let me know more often."

"Trust me, I will." He said lifting his head. I looked up, meeting his eyes.

Our faces were only inches apart when I whispered, "You're eyes remind me of the ocean, you know?"

"Oh do they." He replied, letting a goofy smile overtake his features.

"Mhmhm." I mumbled, moving closer to the boy. I let my gaze drift to his lips for a moment, before returning back to his eyes.

He quickly did the same and our faces began inching closer until I heard a familiar voice yelling.

"Oh my god, they're fighting." I said, getting up from my seat and running towards Conrad and a random guy.

word count: 1001
Thank you guys for reading!! Leave a vote and comment for support, love you all!!🤍