chapter six

"Oh, my god. Bri, Belly, I didn't even recognize you two." He smiled.

"Well I'm going to go inside, I'll leave you two to talk for a bit." I shut my eyes tightly remembering that Jere and I haven't talked since the other night.

"Tell me the truth. Do I look like I fool?" I asked him nervously.

"Uhm no you look good. You look good." He laughed. "Let me walk you over." He smiled. I squinted my eyes at him, motioning to his body. "What?"

"Nothing, let's go Jere." I giggled as he offered me his arm. He talked to me about how his new job was going as we walked up the stairs.

I immediately felt eyes on me when we walked into the room.

"Jeremiah?" A woman turned to us. "Paige." Jere greeted. "Where's your shirt?" The woman asked causing me to stifle a laugh.

"It's always a pleasure." He grabbed her hand, placing a kiss to her knuckles. "Mhm." She nodded.

"This is Bri- I mean Brianna. The young woman my mom told you about, my future wife." I slapped his shoulder at his antics.

"She's late." The woman said turning to me. "I-I'm so sorry." I stuttered out.

"You're at table two." She nodded to me. "Are those the little Brie and fig jam sandwiches with the prosciutto?" Jeremiah asked, his mouth already drooling.

"Don't you dare. Those are for the girls." Paige warned him.

He nodded, before dashing off to grab one. "Jeremiah those are for the girls!" She scolded.

"Just one!" He yelled. Moving closer to me he whispered, "Knock em' dead," shooting me one of his signature smiles.

I chuckled, shaking my head as I walked over to table two where Belly seemed to already be seated. "Hi I'm Bri!" I greeted, excitedly. A chorus of hellos rang amongst the group.

"So I told my mom the only way I would do this is if I could bring my girlfriend, cause' I thought it would be a deal killer, but the club has been surprisingly chill about the whole thing." A girl began.

I turned noticing Shayla eyeing Steven, making me gag.

I tuned out the rest of the conversation as Steven moved over to me and poured me a cup.

"How's it going?" He whispered. "I just got here, but so far so good." I smiled, he nodded before moving onto another table.

"So, is this your first summer here in Cousins?" I tuned back into the conversation.

"No, uh I've been coming here my entire life." Belly answered. "Yeah, Bri and her are like family friends with Conrad and Jeremiah." A girl who I learned was named Nicole spoke up.

"Uh so are you and Jeremiah like a thing or are you going to take him to the ball?" A blonde girl asked. I quickly turned my attention to her, clenching my dress in my hands.

"Well-" I was cut off by Nicole.

"Oh, my god, back off Gigi." She laughed. "It was a question." She retorted as the rest of the girls giggled.

"They're like basically related. You have nothing to worry about." I frowned at her comment.

"Gigi has had this thing for Jeremiah.." Nicole began. "Ever since he got abs!" Shayla added.

I looked down, not feeling comfortable in the slightest. "Relax I'm not into Jeremiah Fisher." Shayla reassured Gigi. "Yeah, and you're noticing his abs." Gigi laughed. I scoffed quietly, making sure none of the girls heard me.

"Yeah she's too busy eyefucking the waiter." Another girl added. "Dude, that's Belly's brother!" Shayla warned. Belly gagged and I laughed at her reaction.

The conversation was soon cut short as Paige walked back in and began speaking.

~

"At every table is a big sister who will guide you through this season, so please introduce yourselves." She finished.

"Hey little sisters." Nicole said to the group. As she began talking to Belly I turned my attention to Shayla.

"So you and Steven?" I asked smiling. She looked startled as a blush overtook her face.

"I'm sorry, are you with him? You two seem close." She replied. "What? No, why does everyone think that? We're just close friends." I reassured the girl. She let out a sigh of relief and nodded.

"I don't know, he's cute, isn't he?" She laughed, turning to watch him. "I literally don't see what you see in him." I joked and she pushed my shoulder playfully.

"Yeah, yeah. However, I did see you getting cozy with a certain Fisher at the bonfire." Shayla teased with a wink. I blushed, turning away from her.

"Relax, I won't tell Gigi. However, I do think you and Jeremiah would look good together." She whispered as we began eating the snacks scattered on the table.

~

"What are you getting ready for?" I asked Belly as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"I have a date with Cameron." She grinned.

"Awh I hope you have fun!" I moved over to hug her lightly. I walked her down the stairs and we immediately noticed the four boys playing video games on the couch.

"See you guys later." She told the boys. "Damn." Jeremiah said abandoning his game.

"You look hot!" He said, spinning her around.

"I'm uh gonna go for a swim." I told the group as I walked out through the back door. Luckily, I was able to convince Laurel and Susannah to let me stay home while Reign, Jeremiah, and Conrad were gonna head to the party with them.

I threw my towel on one of the chairs as I dived into the pool. I stayed under water, soaking up the euphoric feeling.

When I finally rose up I noticed Reign standing at the edge of the pool. "What do you want?" I sighed, brushing the hair out of my face. "What's going on with you? You've been so moody lately." He asked seriously.

"I have not." I argued back. "Yes, you have. You're happy one minute and then you want to stay home by yourself." He said crossing his arms.

"Is it such a bad thing for me to want to be alone?" I huffed, swimming closer to the edge of the pool.

"For you yes." He stated.

"You're so annoying, just leave me alone." I rolled my eyes, diving under the water.

When I came back up for air, I felt his presence still there. "I thought I told you to go away Reign." I said turning around.

"Relax, it's not Reign." Jeremiah chuckled.

word count: 1107
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!! Please leave a vote and comment for support!!🤍