chapter twenty nine

song: dancing with our hands tied - taylor swift

"Look the bunny is adorable!" I said excitedly, pointing at the stuffed animal that was hanging on the net.

"Want me to win it for you?" Jeremiah asked. "Awh if only you were good at basketball." I teased, shoving his shoulder lightly. "Oh I am so good at basketball." He said with a pointed look.

"Yeah and that's why Conrad is playing and you're not." I retorted, turning my attention back to the game. "Yeah, yeah." He said bluntly, we hadn't
even noticed that the two had already started playing. Belly had just made another shot and my group cheered.

"Nice job Belly." Jeremiah said as I turned to look at him.

"Wrong team." Steven argued, turning to look at me before back at Jeremiah. It was Conrad's turn and he had just missed his shot so now it was all on Belly.

"Come on Bells!" I yelled, trying to distract myself from any wandering thoughts. The ball circled around the rim for what felt like forever before it finally fell in. We all high fived and I began jumping up and down.

"Don't get too excited it's still two to one."Steven said moving next to me. "Not for long." I winked as Belly announced the next game. "I choose dancing!" She said eyeing me.

"Bri's got this in the bag." Taylor told the group, touching my shoulder with her finger before making a sizzling sound.

"Hell yeah I do." I said, dusting off my shoulders.

"We'll see about that baby." Jeremiah challenged, as we walked back into the arcade. The group separated for a bit and I found myself alone with Jere. "Looks like you're having fun.." I began as we walked.

"Totally. I forgot how fun the boardwalk was, especially now that you're here. It's perfect." The brunette said easing all my worries.

"Yeah. It looks like Con and Belly are doing fine, so I'm glad." I said quietly, leaning against one of the arcade games.

"You think? Yeah that's, you know, cool." He replied. "You sure?" I mumbled under my breath. "Huh?" He asked, not being able to hear what I had said.

"Nothing." I replied with the brightest smile I could muster. "You two love birds ready?" Steven called as we walked to the dance machine. "Let me stretch real quick." I joked, hopping on the machine. "My moves are legendary." I heard Jeremiah telling the other guys.

"Yeah, right." Taylor rolled her eyes as he got on the machine alongside me. "Come on Bri, you got this!" Belly said, shaking my shoulders before the group backed up to watch us.

"You know Jere, it would be a shame if my dance moves affected our relationship." I told the boy, as we began to get ready. "Not a chance gorgeous. How about.." He lingered, making me turn to him.

"Winner gets a kiss." He smirked as my cheeks turned a bright shade of red.

"Let's get this show on the road!" I heard Belly yell, cutting us off.

"Show me what you got Fisher." Was the last thing I said as the game turned on. Side to side by Ariana Grande started playing as I let my feet move to the beat. "How are her coordination skills so good?" I heard Conrad whisper to the group. I had yet to miss a single beat while Jeremiah was scoring a bunch of X's.

"I thought your moves were legendary." Steven yelled out, causing Jeremiah to hit him, missing a bunch of points along the way.

I jumped to the beat, flipping my hair out of my face.

"Fuck me, you're incredible. Go Bri." Jeremiah smiled as he was watching my screen.

"Jeremiah come on focus!" Steven yelled. "I'm trying!" My boyfriend chuckled, trying to catch up. "Guess there's only room for one dancer in this relationship." I told the boy giggling.

The game ended, revealing that I was the winner.

The girls ran over, pulling me into a group hug that Skye was quick to get out of. "Where to next?" One of the guys asked. "Follow me." Belly said mysteriously as we started walking outside. "I believe I was promised a kiss." I said as Jeremiah fell behind the group.

"I believe you're right." He said taking a couple steps toward me before cupping my face in his hands.

Jeremiah leaned in, his lips finally meeting mine after what felt like an eternity. He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear as we pulled away, his forehead now touching mine.

"Get a room." Steven gagged, causing us to roll our eyes. "Shut it." Jeremiah said annoyed as we started walking behind the group once again.

-

Belly was giving us a pep talk as we stood outside the go-cart arena.

"Taylor you've showed up for me time and time again and Skye I know we just met and you probably think I'm too competitive but yeah. And Bri we've won almost every Boardwalk show down, remember? We have to get one last victory." We all cheered as we ran to the go carts.

Skye decided to sit this one out so now I was seated next to Taylor in a two person cart. "Go!" I heard Cameron scream and I immediately floored the gas petal. "Come on come on!" Taylor yelled as we began gaining speed.

We flicked Jeremiah and Steven off as we passed them. "We're so good at this!" Taylor yelled excitedly. "We're good at everything." I replied as the two of us high fived quickly.

I turned my wheel, making a sharp turn causing Taylor to squeal. "We have to at least beat the other two." I said competitively as I felt the car spin from how fast we were going.

"Steven will never let me live this down if we don't." She said. "No!" I screamed as Jere and Steven finished an inch before us in the finish line.

-

"Get me a sweet rope please." I begged my boyfriend as he choose the candy he won.

"No the whole point is you lost, so no candy for you." He replied, making me pout. "Don't be mean Jere." I heard Conrad say and saw him putting a sweet rope in his bag.

"You're one to talk." The boy muttered, his tone confusing me.

-

"Sorry to interrupt." Conrad said, cutting off my conversation with the girls.

Belly sucked in a breath before saying "Is it time?" "The Tower of Terror awaits." He said in a serious voice causing me to giggle. "I'm going to get you a barf bag." Steven joked as we walked toward the ride. Jeremiah and Belly fell behind the group but I failed to notice.

-

We eyed the ride as it rose to the top and fell down quickly without notice.

"All right, it's now or never I guess." Belly said as she began going up the stairs with Jeremiah behind her. I looked at the two confused. He was going with her?

"He's probably just going cause she's scared." Steven whispered to me as if reading my thoughts. "Yeah." I replied, look at the two as the ride went up.

"What happened to trying something new?" Conrad said, moving closer beside me.

"I don't know. Guess I'm just leaving that option to other people." I told the boy, not being able to take my eyes off the pair.

The ride dropped and I could hear the screams loud and clear. It began to slow down so I could finally see the two. Belly and Jeremiah were grinning...and holding hands.

word count: 1271
Thank you guys for reading! I'm in the process of moving so updates might be slow but I'll try my best to upload everyday or at least every other day! Don't forget to leave a vote/comment!🤍