chapter thirty four

song: never felt so alone - labrinth

I sat in the empty restroom, finishing getting myself ready for the party.

My outfit turned out incredible which I was extremely proud of. It was a pink crop top that had flowers adorned all over it with a matching skirt. I also decided to pair it with white knee high boots and a white headband.

(This is what I pictured, but if you don't like it you can always have a different outfit in mind!)

I checked myself out one more time in the mirror before meeting Taylor and Belly.

"Everyone's here already, ugh I love being fashionably late." Taylor grinned as we all walked down the stairs. I separated myself from the girls, trying my best to find Jeremiah.

"No way, Bri?" I heard a familiar voice and I turned around to see Matt smiling. "Matt, long time no see." I smiled, going in to hug him.

"You look great, very retro." He said raising his voice so that I could hear him above the music. "Thanks I tried! Did you come here with anyone?" I asked, looking around him.

"Yeah I would introduce you but my girlfriend's over there dancing with some friends." Matt said pointing at what looked to be a dance circle. "You should go join her." I said, happy that he finally found someone.

"I don't know, I'm not the best dancer." He said embarrassed, rubbing a hand behind his neck.

"That's not what I witnessed at the deb ball last year, go!" I said, pushing the boy.

"Alright, alright. See you later?"

"Totally." I couldn't help but grin as I walked away from the boy. I decided to walk over to the kitchen, grabbing an empty solo cup from the bag. "Let me top you off!" Belly cheered, rolling on her skates from behind me and pouring me some of the liquid from the bottle she was holding.

"Your the best Bells." I told the girl.

Our converstion was cut off as I heard someone coming towards us, yelling.

"Bri, Bri, Bri picture!" Steven called out, dragging me by the arm as I took a sip out of my cup. "Huh?" I asked confused as Conrad stood in front of us with a polaroid.

"Smile!" Steven yelled, wrapping an arm around me as I leaned into him, smiling for the picture.

"Got it!" Conrad yelled, pulling out the film from the top. "One more! A funny one." Steven said, turning around and bending down. "What are you doing?" I yelled above the music, laughing. "Get on my back!" He instructed and I did as said hopping up and holding a peace sign toward the camera.

"You better save those." I told the two boys as I continued walking toward the DJ station.

So far everything was going great and I was glad everyone was having fun.

"Watch out!" I didn't register the words before I tripped and shut my eyes tightly, waiting for the ground to hit me.

"Careful gorgeous." Opening my eyes, I was met with Jeremiah cradling me. "You don't have to hurt yourself to get my attention." He leaned down and whispered, causing my cheeks to turn a bright shade of red.

"You're my hero." I swooned jokingly as he helped me stand back up. "Have I told you how good you look?" He said, finally noticing my outfit. "No I don't think so." I said, tilting my head as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Well you look beautiful baby. I hope you chose to wear this outfit for me." He teased, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Who else would I wear it for?" I hummed, placing my hands on his chest. A gagging sound cut us off and we turned to see Cam and Skye staring at us. "No flirting in front of the DJ station please." Cam said as Skye stood next to him with their arms folded.

"Whatever you say dad." I rolled my eyes, leaning into my boyfriend.

"Alright alright, come on." He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers as he tugged me toward the kitchen.

Jeremiah began pouring multiple shots in a tray. "Let's make a toast babe, come on." The atmosphere was perfect.

My boyfriend guided me back to the group and I smiled, tuning everything else out. This was the first time I finally felt at peace in awhile. Even if we didn't have the house, everything was going to be okay. "To the last night!" Jere yelled as the rest of us put our cups up. "Hell yeah!" Taylor chimed in with Belly.

-

I was in the middle of talking to Conrad when I heard someone yell "Fight!"

"You've got to be kidding me, already?" I sighed, rubbing a hand over my face.

"Let's go." Conrad said pulling me to the surrounding circle. Steven and Taylor's boyfriend were going at it. "Con do something." I told the boy, worried about my best friend.

"Kick his ass Steven." Conrad told the boy, causing me to hit him in the chest. "You said do something?" The brunette shrugged.

"Not that." I groaned, hiding my face in my hands. "Milo stop!" Taylor finally yelled causing the blonde to stop. The conversations suddenly hushed and became too quiet for me to hear. "Guys come!" Skye said excited, running up to me and Conrad.

We let them lead us outside where Jeremiah and Belly were waiting.

"What's going on?" I asked confused. "Okay so I've been talking to my mom and she was able to put a condition into the sale." My eyes lit up as the words left their mouth. I turned to look at the group who was listening intensely to the conversation. "Since the buyers are only going to use this place as a vacation home, they've agreed to let you rent the place one week every summer."

"Wait really?" Belly grinned. "We get to come back!" Jere smiled, turning to me and pulling me into a hug. "We're not losing this place." I whispered into his shoulder.

"No, tell your mom thanks but no thanks." Our cheering was quickly shut down by Conrad.

"Why are you the only one that gets to make this decision?" I sighed as Jeremiah began to argue with his brother.

"We're not going to pay another family to let us stay at our house for a week." Conrad said seriously. "It's not our house anymore."

"Exactly, let it go." Conrad glared at the boy, taking a step closer.

"Guys seriously-" I began, my voice soft.

"No no no, this is the shit he does. When things aren't perfect before trying to fix it, he just throws it away. And it's not just the house. You did it to Belly too." Jeremiah shot back as I furrowed my eyebrows.

word count: 1141
Thank you guys for reading, sorry for the wait! Next chapter will be up tomorrow, promise! Don't forget to leave a vote/comment! 🤍