chapter eight

"Sorry Bells, I promised to meet Shayla for brunch today." I apologized to the girl.

Shayla had asked me the other day and since I wanted to get closer to the girl who would possibly be Steven's future girlfriend, I agreed.

"Alright, you'll be back soon right?" "Totally." I smiled. The two left as well as the mom's, leaving Reign, Steven, and I.

"You're meeting up with Shayla?" Steven asked confused.

"Yeah." I replied simply.

"Why?" He questioned. "Because she asked me to Steven, why? do you not want me to meet her?" I teased the boy.

"No, I just don't want you to scare her off." He argued with a smirk. I shook my head getting up. "Reign can you drive me?" I asked my brother.

He nodded getting up and grabbing the keys.

~

"You're kidding?" Shayla gasped. I shook my head, taking a sip of my drink. "Your brother's an idiot." She giggled. "Tell me about it." I sighed.

"Have you talked to Jeremiah about what happened?" I shook my head.

"What's there to talk about?" I shrugged. "He almost kissed you Bri, there's a lot of unrecognized feelings there." She said, shoving me lightly.

"Yeah, yeah. What about you and Steven?" I asked the girl.

"Oh, yeah everything's is going great! I actually asked him to be my escort to the deb ball and he agreed!" My eyes widened quickly before returning to my natural state.

"Oh really?" I gritted my teeth, smiling at the girl. Asshole. Leave it to Steven to not tell me he blew me off for another girl.

Don't get me wrong, I am one hundred percent supportive. I just wish he would have let me know earlier so I could find another date.

"Oh before I forget, I went shopping earlier and saw something that reminded me of you!" She clapped her hands together, bending down to reach for a bag and passing it to me.

"You didn't have to." I told the girl shocked.

"No of course! It's on me, plus I knew you would look gorgeous in it." I opened the gift to see a brand new baby blue bikini.

"Shayla this is amazing!" I squealed, holding it up to my chest.

"I know right! Whenever we go out swimming, you have to bring it." I nodded excitedly. I looked at my phone, noticing that we had already been hanging out for an hour.

"Sorry Shay, I have to go it is Belly's birthday after all. See you later?" I asked, she nodded smiling.

We got out of our seats, quickly hugging before we went our separate ways.

~

As soon as I walked into the house, I noticed how quiet it was.

Everyone was probably in the pool. I ran up to my room to change into the bikini Shayla bought me. Spinning around, I made sure I looked good in the mirror.

"Perfect." I whispered to myself, before jogging down the stairs.

Just as I thought, I heard people talking outside. "Look who's here?" Steven smiled, getting out of the pool to greet me. I ignored him, walking over to the other side to get into the pool.

"Hey you good?" He questioned. I ignored him again, getting inside the water next to Belly. "Hey Bri!" She greeted smiling.

"Hey Belly, Taylor." I greeted the two girls. "Long time no see Bri." Taylor laughed, I shook my head, dipping down to soak my hair in the water.

We chatted for a bit before listening into the boy's conversation.

"I mean, she's like the hottest girl I've ever met." Steven said out loud, probably talking about Shayla.

"We know you're gossiping about us over there." Taylor teased. "Yeah, you wish." Steven shot back.

Taylor gasped before saying, "Let's play chicken!" "No, not chicken. I was like twelve the last time I played." Belly defended. "Isn't there an uneven amount of us." I told the group.

"Bri come be on my team!" Steven yelled out. Jeremiah turned to look at me knowingly. "Fuck you Steven." I cussed out before swimming over to Jeremiah.

"What did I do?" He asked confused, throwing his hands up.

"I'm not complaining." Jeremiah laughed, fistbumping me.

"Okay I'll go first on Steven and whoever loses will switch with Belly!" Taylor cheered, hopping onto his back. Jeremiah went down into the water as I climbed onto his shoulders.

I laughed when he grabbed my thighs for support. "That tickles." I said tugging his hair. "Go go go!" Steven yelled. Once Jeremiah moved forward we immediately began shoving each other.

It wasn't a long fight, Taylor was small and Steven wasn't that strong.

"Yay!" I cheered as we won. "See we're unstoppable!" Jeremiah grinned, with me still on his shoulders. "Yeah right, I just let you guys win that time." Steven pouted.

He began walking around the pool with me on top of him as we waited for Belly to get on Steven.

"So how are you doing?" Jeremiah questioned. "Horrible." I sighed. "Aww we can't have that, can we?" He joked.

"I'm serious. I just found out my escort for the deb ball ditched me so now I have to find someone else." I told him.

"Seriously? Who, I'll beat them up for you." I chuckled at his antics.

"Steven." I whispered. "Oh ho ho, let's take them down then!" He yelled, moving towards Belly and Steven. "This is revenge. I'm going to avenge my fair lady." Jeremiah said in a British accent.

"I'm not dead Jere." I said, swatting his head lightly. "Onwards steed." I played along, gripping his hair forward as if it were reins.

"Woah woah woah." Belly said moving, as we pushed each other.

"Come on Belly!" Steven told the girl. "I'm trying." She laughed.

I finally got the upper hand when I noticed she tilted to the side. I pushed her and she fell into the water along with Steven.

"Woo!" Jeremiah cheered, dropping me into the water slowly. "We're so good." I said hugging him lightly. "Is there an olympic sport for this cause I think Bri and I should join?" He smirked.

"Yeah, yeah." Steven rolled his eyes.

"Hey guys!" We heard a voice from behind us. Everyone turned to see Nicole with Conrad.

"Hey Nicole!" Belly and I greeted. "Hi, happy birthday Belly! Were you guys playing..chicken?" The girl asked surprised.

I tuned out the rest of the conversation when Jeremiah put his hand on top of my head and messed up my hair. "Jere.." I groaned, trying to fix it. "You know hair is easier to fix underwater." He winked, I rolled my eyes knowing he was right.

I held my breath before dunking myself under the water.

I moved my hair back trying to fix it how it was when I noticed Jeremiah dived under water as well.

He moved closer to me, brushing the hair away from my face. I stared at him for a second before I had to come up for air.

"See there we go." He smiled as if nothing happened.

word count: 1194
Thanks again for reading! Please leave a vote and comment for support!🤍