chapter eighteen

"Yeah we do!" He grinned, running after me.

Jeremiah made a signal to the referee to begin the game again. "You two alright?" Belly asked, raising an eyebrow. "Never better." I responded, now intensely focused on the game.

Conrad began to get in position to spike the ball. I jumped up, quickly blocking it, the ball landing back on their side.

"Atta girl!" Jeremiah cheered, running over to me to do a quick handshake.

The game continued until we were winning by 20 to 19. "Come on Jere, one more point." I told the boy with a grin. "Easy." He teased, hitting the ball to the otherside of the court.

"Conrad!" I heard Belly yell. He quickly got the ball throwing it back to our side, leading us to continue tossing it back and forth a few times.

"Bri!" Jeremiah called out, setting the ball for me.

I jumped up and hit it to the other side, successfully landing it onto the sand. "Yes!" I cheered, running over to Jere.

He did the same, lifting me up and spinning me around while I wrapped my arms around him.

"And the winners are Brianna and Jeremiah!" Susannah yelled over the microphone. He finally let me down and we went to the net to shake hands with Belly and Conrad. "Good game." I told the two with a semi-straight face.

"Good game." Conrad nodded. Once they walked away I turned back to Jeremiah, jumping up and down. "You guys did it, congrats!" Susannah cheered, running over to us with the large trophy.

~

We spent the next hour thanking everyone who came to support us.

"Hey Bri!" I heard someone run up to me. "Yeah?" I said turning around to be met with Gigi.

"Nicole wanted me to invite you to a pizza and rose in a few hours on her dad's boat, she just went to go ask Belly!" The girl smiled, I tensed remembering her crush on Jeremiah.

"Oh yeah, that sounds fun. I'll be there." I told her. "Awesome, see you later!" Gigi waved, running back to her friend group.

~

"So, how are you and Jeremiah?" Belly asked as Taylor and I walked alongside her to Nicole's boat.

"Jeremiah? I've been gone for a few weeks, what'd I miss?" Taylor asked dramatically. "We're dating, it's a long story, but we're doing great." I replied, a smile making its way to my face.

Jeremiah was everything I could have ever asked for. It was times like this when it felt almost surreal.

"Brimiah or Jeranna? I like the sound of those two." Taylor teased, already coming up with several ship names.

"He's great, I really like being with him." I told the girls, the thought of him already giving me butterflies. "That's adorable, just don't let Gigi find out." Belly laughed as we made out way onto the boat. "Yeah, I won't." I sighed, following after her.

~

"Put a finger down if you've ever made out with two people within twenty four hours of eachother." Taylor smirked as we all began to play never have I ever.

A few girls, including Nicole, put a finger down. "Okay put a finger down if you ever used a stuff animal to..you know." Another girl added, Taylor automatically put a finger down, causing everyone to look at her.

"Okay his name was Harry Bear Styles-" I had to cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"Okay put a finger down if you've ever done the deed." Dara began, causing most of the girls to put their finger down.

I turned to Belly embarrassed since we both had ours still up. "Put a finger down if you've ever been to third?" She added. I looked down, still leaving my fingers up.

"Second?" That was when I shyly put one of mine down, but Belly still kept hers up.

"Put a finger down if you've ever made out with a guy when you had a crush on someone else." Taylor insisted, causing Belly to put a finger down.

I mean technically I did as well, but nobody had to know. Belly's answer didn't surprise me, but it caused the other girls to get rowdy.

I listened to the girl as she mentioned what she went through without exactly saying any names.

Mainly because Nicole was there and I don't think she would appreciate Belly having a crush on Conrad. "Okay, never have I ever been skinny dipping?" Taylor began but was interrupted by Nicole.

"Put a finger down if you've ever been skinny dipping at Hopper's Cove." Nicole smirked. "Is that a dare?" Taylor grinned, causing me to whip my head towards her.

If she thinks I'm about to go skinny dipping right now, she's insane.

~

Unfortunately, it wasn't long before I gave in, after lots of convincing, and decided to go skinny dipping with the other girls.

We laughed, playing around in the water.

"Belly!" I screamed as she splashed me with water.

"Hey watch out for jellyfish, I do not want to have to pee on any of you." Gigi warned jokingly as she started to strip off her clothes.

"I can't believe the other girls missed out." I told the group which consisted of only Belly, Taylor, Gigi, Nicole, and I. The girls nodded their heads, agreeing. "Nicole! Conrad is texting you." Gigi called the girl, who began to get out of the water.

"This is so nice." I told Taylor and Belly, looking up at the stars.

"I have to admit I like your guy's friends." Taylor began to smile. "I knew you would." Belly teased, splashing the girl lightly.

"I'm sure they'd be down with you and Jeremiah Bri." Taylor said, looking at me. "I don't know I feel like Gigi's veins would explode if she heard." I groaned, sinking lower in the water.

"I doubt it." Belly chuckled, pulling me back up. "Oh my god guys! If you marry Conrad and you marry Jeremiah, you two would be like related!" Taylor mentioned, causing us to start cracking up laughing.

We were interrupted by bright headlights, practically blinding us. I was confused for a few seconds, before noticing that it was Nicole's car leaving.

"I knew they were bitches." Taylor snarled, swimming back over to the wooden deck. "You've got to be kidding me.." I glared at the car.

"What?" Belly asked confused. "Did they-" I was cut off by Taylor.

"They took everything. Except for your guy's phones...which both have very incriminating texts on them." Taylor winced.

word count: 1109
Thank you guys sm for reading! Don't forget to leave a vote and/or comment!🤍