chapter eleven

guys we are so close, get ready for the next chapter!

I rubbed my eyes tiredly, as the sun bled through my curtains.

"Go away please." I groaned, putting a pillow on top of my face.

"I don't think that's possible." Steven chuckled, as he walked into my room and sat on the edge of my bed. "Leave. I'm still mad at you." I pouted.

"You know we're sorry. We were trying to keep you safe and letting you leave with a guy you just met isn't really the safest option." He explained. "I hate how you're right." I told the boy, lifting the pillow from my face and sitting up.

"Where's everyone?" I yawned. "Uh Conrad slept over at Nicole's and Belly and my mom went to go drop Taylor off." He answered. "What about Jere?" I tried to ask smoothly.

He raised an eyebrow before replying, "I'm pretty sure, he's in the kitchen. Belly and him went on a muffin run this morning." "Oh." I responded simply.

"Yeah, so how did your guy's conversation go?" He asked, quoting conversation with his hands. "I wouldn't call it that.." I frowned.

"More like a realization moment..." I added, slowly.

"And you realized what exactly?" Steven questioned. "You don't want to know." I groaned, flopping back down on my bed.

~

"Can I finish your milk?" Jeremiah asked me, smiling. "Sure." I replied, handing him the bowl.

It was the Fourth of July, meaning there was going to be a party, which I was totally excited for.

"Yo, I'm going to go wash the clams. Did you get the lighter fluid?" Conrad asked him. "Mhm, yeah it's already on the beach." Jeremiah replied, causing Conrad to whistle before leaving.

"Are we done with the portrait yet?" Steven said, walking in with Susannah.

"Yeah, for today. But you do look good in a dress shirt Steven. Uh, which makes me think, if Brianna doesn't hurry up and find an escort to the ball, you should take her." Susannah smiled.

"Ew, no way. He lost his chance." I joked. "Yeah, and I'm already going with Shayla." He reassured.

"To the debutante ball?" Laur questioned. "Yeah, wrap your head around it mom. Shayla is coming later with Nicole and Gigi, so you'll meet her." He smiled.

"Girls remember the first dance rehearsal is tomorrow, so uh tick tok." Susannah warned, making me groan as her and Laur walked away. "Reign!" I cheered as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, no." He answered quickly. "Please, it's one night, I have no one else." I begged.

"Why don't you ask that boy you were making out with last night?" He shrugged.

The tension in the room immediately rose. "You made out with someone?" Belly asked me. "Is it that surprising.." I murmured, grabbing a handful of cereal from the box in front of me.

"Yes." Belly, Reign, and Steven said at the same time. "Okay, you know what maybe, I will ask him." I said annoyed, standing up and walking away to my room.

"Nice going." I heard Jeremiah say under his breath.

~

"Everyone, come down here!" I heard Laur yell. We all immediately went downstairs to see Belly's dad and his new girlfriend.

"She's hot." Jeremiah announced, peeking through the window. I slapped his shoulder, rolling my eyes.

"What? I'm just saying what everyone is thinking." He defended. "I wasn't thinking that." Belly and I said at the same time.

"Yo, that can be your future stepmom." Conrad joked.

"Dude." Steven yelled, pushing him. "Guys they're coming." Reign warned, as we all tried to leave quickly, leaving Belly and Steven.

~

"Is he really talking to her?" I asked Reign, grabbing one of the many cookies on the table.

"Yeah, he is." He replied as we continued to stare at Jeremiah and Victoria. "Where are they going now?" I whispered to myself, as Belly, Victoria, and Jeremiah made their way inside.

Not too long after, Victoria walked back out.

"Let's go find out." He smirked, before running inside

I shook my head, moving to walk behind him. Conrad apparently had the same idea, "What are you guys making?" He asked.

"Pomegranate margaritas, but with a twist." Belly grinned, holding up a fruit punch mix.

"Well, you gotta use the good blender." Conrad grinned, grabbing it from one of the cabinets.

"The one that caused the kool-aid accident?" I chuckled.

"The counters were sticky for two summers." Conrad replied, looking at me with a smile.

I moved to sit next to Jeremiah as Belly made a new drink. "How's your fourth going?" He asked, wrapping an arm around me. I hated how he was always going to be able to give me butterflies.

"Awesome, I'm thinking about going swimming later." I told the boy. "Let me know when, I'll join you." He smiled.

"Adam!" A voice brought us out of our conversation. We looked up to see Jeremiah and Conrad's dad. "Dad, you came!" Jeremiah cheered, hopping out of his seat to hug the man.

Compared to Jere, Conrad didn't look too happy.

"Hey guys! Can I have a little mix up of what you're having there?" Adam asked. "Uhm yeah, here." I smiled, handing him a glass.

"Thanks Bri." He nodded. "You're gonna love the firework show, it's gonna be the best one yet." Jeremiah told his dad.

I couldn't help but grin, noticing how happy he was that his dad showed up. "Adam, you managed to get off of work?" Susannah walked in.

"Okay, come on kids." Laur said, pulling us out so the two could have a private conversation.

~

I was pulled to Jeremiah's side as we laid in a floatie with the rest of the group.

We decided to go to the beach to relax and have fun. Jeremiah had found Cameron earlier, so we were all here.

"Wanna share?" I asked the boy, as I grabbed a glass. "Yeah, I don't want to have too much either." He grinned, taking a sip.

Don't get me wrong, Belly's drink was incredible, but it was still a family party after all.

"Slow down Con, it's not a race." Nicole told the boy, as he chugged the drink. "Wait wait wait, but what if it was a race." Belly cheered.

"You want to play a drinking game?" I asked the girl. "Why not? It's the Fourth of July, right?" Everyone agreed and soon began playing.

~

The game lasted for about an hour before everyone started doing their own thing.

I was dancing with Shayla as the boys played their own game. "Mind if I cut in?" Jeremiah asked, walking over towards us. "Be my guest." Shayla winked at me before joining the other girls.

"You having fun?" He asked, as we continued dancing to the music. "Obviously." I giggled, letting my body move to the beat.

"Wanna take a walk?" Jeremiah said, moving his hand out for me to take.

word count: 1174
Thank you guys for reading! Get ready for the next chapter I hope you guys love it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment, thank you! 🤍