IX. My Best Friend's Brother

// Hey guys soooo...I was wondering if you guys would like this sort of short story, or if I should just keep uploading smutty chapters. Just something that I wanted to try out. There is no smut in this but I thought that maybe after an intense chapter, maybe we could dial it down a bit. I don't know, just something that came to mind recently. Let me know what you think!! Anyways here's the story, enjoy! // ^^Also, peep the fit^^ //

1st Person POV

Setting:

Alice has been crushing on her best friend's brother for about a year now...

Warnings:

No smut

Alice's POV:

I wanted to talk to him. Fuck I wanted to talk to him so bad. Goddamnit, I should've said something when I first met him. I've been best friends with Gia for almost 2 years now and I can't believe I've never had a proper conversation with her brother yet. He's only 2 years older than us. Granted, when I met him, I didn't exactly want to talk to him. Gia had told me some stuff about him and it really sounded like he was a bit of a jerk, so I tended to steer clear of him whenever I came over. Somewhere along the way, I caught feelings. Something about his long, brown, curly hair, his dimpled smile, and those dreamy green eyes. The way he just seemed like a genuine person the more I saw of him.

And now, here I was, cursing myself for not trying to bond with Hayden when I first had the chance. Now, if I talk to him, it'll seem weird!

Ugh, you suck.

In the midst of my self-wallowing, I got a text from Gia.

Gia: Hey, can you come over?

Gia: Hayden's annoying ass friends are here too and I cannot stand them :(

Me: Yea fs I'll be there in 40 bbg

Gia: Ugh I love you <33

I turned my phone away and made my way to my closet.

Ok so we know Hayden's there.....that means I have to at least try to look cute, but not like I'm trying too hard because we don't want to let him know that we tried to be cute. Simple enough, right?

Yeah, right.

Ok so, black jeans, black top, and uhm..my bomber jacket? That'll look good together, right?

I hope so.

Ok, so it doesn't look too bad. I actually really like it. I just did a natural face of makeup, nothing too heavy. And for the final touch, some jewelry and perfume.

I'm about to pull up into Gia's driveway and I am freaking the FUCK out. I haven't seen Hayden in like 2 weeks. Fuck, maybe I should've dressed up a bit more. No, Gia would've noticed and then would've interrogated me. I can't tell her I like her brother. What if it ruins our friendship? Plus, I've seen the type of girls Hayden dates. They're all older, blondes, and look like Victoria Secret models. I know I'm pretty but his standards seem pretty high. 

Pull yourself together Alice, you're a 20-year-old woman, this is silly. Just stop obsessing over him, he probably doesn't even care about your existence. You're Gia's friend remember?

Right. Okay, nothing to worry about. Just ring the doorbell and go hang out with Gia. That's why you came over. Ok, ok, ok.

I walk to her front door, shooting her a quick text.

Me: Hey I'm here

Me: Do I just walk in?

Gia: Yea it should be unlocked

Me: Kk

I opened the front door and was greeted by a group of men playing FIFA.

"Nick what the fuck are you doing!"

"What do you mean? You literally told me to!"

"Hey someone's here."

Hayden looked up at me but then quickly disregarded me and kept playing.

"It's just Gia's friend."

"Now, Hayden, you never told us Gia had such a pretty friend. What's your name beautiful?" The man with the pretty hazel eyes asked. He had sharp features and goddamn, why are all these men so attractive?

Huh? Oh.

"Uhm, Alice." I could feel my cheeks beginning to heat from the attention but I was still a little hurt that Hayden didn't even give me a second thought.

"Well Alice, it's very nice meeting you. I'm Zander." He flashed me his pearly white smile.

"Uh yeah, nice meeting you too, Zander." Jeez, why am I blushing so hard? Calm down Alice!

You're deprived and in love with a man that doesn't care about you, that's why, you attention whore.

Shut up I didn't ask.

"Uhm ok well I think Gia's probably waiting for me upstairs, so, I'm gonna go now." I turned around but was soon turned back to face Zander, he was holding my wrist.

"Uh sorry- Uhm, forgive me for being too forward but can I have your number?"

WHAT? 

"Uh sure."

WHAT???

He handed me his phone and I quickly typed in my number. I looked up at the other guys and noticed Hayden looking at us. He had a frown on his face and looked almost, mad? But why would he be mad that Zander asked for my number? It's obvious I'm just "one of Gia's friends" to him. 

"Aliiicceeeee!!" I could hear Gia yelling from upstairs.

"Sorry, I gotta go." I laughed awkwardly, not knowing how to end the conversation.

"Yeah, no worries. I'll definitely be seeing you around. Bye pretty girl." He winked at me and made his way over back to the couch. 

"The fuck was that Zan?"

"Shut up." He laughed. 

I made my way to the stairs but not before looking back at Hayden, who was looking at me with a frown and then shook his head at me and looked away.

What's up his ass?

TO BE CONTINUED...

924 words

Ok so, what did we think? I know this is not like my usual content but I thought it might be a nice change. Obviously, I'll still keep updating regular smut stories but a little blurb here and there wouldn't hurt, right? Anyways please let me know what you thought of this and if you would like to see these stories more often. 

Please let me know what else I could write, my requests are always open!

Thank you so much for reading my book. Please vote and comment, I would really appreciate it.

ALSO, I TOTALLY FORGOT TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1K READS. I'M SO HAPPY AND OVERWHELMED. I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS SO MUCH. I ADORE THE HECK OUT OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!

Lots of love,

~Lex.