Chapter 7: Hunting Palismen pt3

Y/N POV

"Oh, I-I uhm, I mean we need to get the whistle. But that'll be a bit hard, maybe if we made them pass out" I slightly stammered at first. Hunter gave me a 'yeah right I know you know something more' look.

I quickly pulled them down as I saw Kikimora look at us. I peered over the ledge to see Kikimora walking away.

"Phew that was close" Luz said as we all sat down.

I feel weird, I don't know why. Am I forgetting something? I looked at Saphire but...

"Saphire!" I said in a bit of a panicked voice. I looked over the edge and saw her walking towards Kiki's dragon.

"Saphy! Get over here!" I half whisper yelled.

"She looked at me confused but before she could start to fly towards me a net was thrown over her. I quickly sucked down.

"Nice catch, scouts" I heard Kiki's voice.

Please turn invisible, please, please, pleaseeeeee. I thought to myself.

"That was your palismen, right?" I heard Luz ask me.

"Yes." I replied

"So, N/N" Hunter started then looked in my direction.

"Hey Luz, where did N/N go?" He asked Luz.

"I worked!" I said and saw Hunter jump back. Luz looked shocked when she looked to where I should've been.

I swiftly jumped down and took the net off Saphire, she flew off past the build but I knew she climbed up the other side and went my Luz and Hunter. I quickly ran off to other side of the building aswell. I quietly climbed up the wall, still invisible but slowly becoming visible.

"You stupid Guards! Go protect the other palismen as they shouldn't be stolen." Kikimoras voice boomed.

"Alright, Goldie, so how are you a powerless witch" I asked despite already knowing the answer. He glared at me but got ready to speak.

"Well, you already know I'm powerless so. Anyways I come from a long line of powerless witches. When I was young Belos took me in and gave me power, authority, it was great. I now see him as my uncle.."
Hunter said a bit sadly

I looked over to see Luz making a conjoined glyph on the wall.

"What's that for?" He said and pointed to a sleeping nettle.

I put my mask on knowing what was about to happen.

"Here, put that on." She said handing him a cloth and tieing her own to her face, like a bandana.

"You still haven't told me what you're doing, human!" He shot at her with a stern look but also putting the bandana on.

"If I put the sleeping nettle here then do the glyphs it will create a steam that has sleeping nettle in it to put everyone to sleep. Then we can get the palismen" Luz said finishing up the glyph and put the sleeping nettle in its own attached circle.

"Oh, oh, oh, that's so cool! Did you know that- wait, wait, wiat I shouldn't be telling you this, Belos made wild magic bad for a reason" He said a bit uncertain

"Uhm just stand over there, Goldie. " Luz said and pointed by me.

Luz then hit the two glyphs and it created a steamy smoke. I quickly put my hand over Saphires face and grabbed a cloth to tie around her. We all looked down as guards were falling down.

"Don't worry they'll be fine, now come on let's go" Luz said handing Hunter his staff while I got on mine.

Hunter looked a bit shocked but got on and waited for Luz to get on. As we were flying through the air we spotted the palismen cage thing.

"There!" Luz said and pointed at it. We all swooped down.

Suddenly out of no where Kikimora was there.

"I know someones there, scoundrels! Reveal yourselves!" She said pointing her hand everywhere and then shot at us.

We all dodged but me and Hunter went over to Kikimora, he went in grabbed the whistl and looked at me. He then looked a Luz and I knew what he was thinking. He threw me the whistle as he saw a clearly tired Kikimora get ready to blast at him. He picked up his staff and started to fight Kikimora. I threw the whistle over to Luz as she as hooking the palismen up to the dragon. She blew on the whistle and jumped on the dragon, I jumped on my staff. We looked back to see Hunter looking up at us standing by what seemed to be a passed out Kiki.

"My name's Hunter" he shouted as we flew off.

"Sooooo Y/N" what kind of witch are you?!?" She said eagerly as she took her mask off and I took off Saphys.

"..."

I kept my mask on, looked at Luz then pulled my hood down.

"Human.." she half whispered to herself.

"B-but how did you do magic without your palismen!" She almost yelled

I put my head back up.

"It's... Complicated, I'll tell you another time, okay?" I said to her

"O-okay, I guess I understand." She said a bit disappointed but with a slight smile.

Some time later

"Dang we were out alllll night" I told her as we were nearing Hexiside and the sun was starting to rise.

"Yup" she said and yawned

I took off my mask and it just... Disappeared, good thing Luz didn't see that..

I saw Luz looking kinda scared because sure enough when we landed we were met with an angry yet relieved principal Bump.

"Where in have you been, and with the palismen!" Bump shot at Luz not noticing I was there.

I pulled my hood down so it covered most of my face.

"Sorry Luz I gotta go! Good luck with him." I said and chuckled after the last part as I flew off. I went straight to my cave and me and Sapphire took a well needed nap.

Luz POV

"You have got a lot of explaining to do young lady!" Bump said and glared at me while making sure the palismen we're okay.

"Where has the red bird, with a scar, gone?" He asked me.

I smiled and had an idea of where he went.

"He got adopted by.. someone" I said while Bump looked at me questioningly.

"So are you gonna tell me what happened?" He asked closing the door to the palismen enclosure and putting a spell around it. He looked at the now sleeping dragon.

"The Golden Guard and Kikimora happened.." I said

"You look tired, go home. The palismen are okay so I will just deal with you later" he said and looked at me with a reassuring look on his face.

"Thanks Bump!" I yelled while running off towards Eda's home.

(Word count: 1,138)

A/N: Schedule for now I will just try to post when I have motivation but I will try to shape it to look like this:
Saturday-Monday: No Post, potential side chapter on Sunday.

Tuesday: Post

Wednesday: post (edit: unsure)

Thursday: unsure

Friday: post + potential side Chapter

Also thanks for reading :)

(Now word count: 1,192)