Chapter 22: Hollow Mind pt1

Y/n POV

And here I was kneeling beneath the emporer, Emporer Belos.

"Yes sir," I started, taking a deep breath.

"Go on," He said as softly as Emporer Belos could get.

"I believe that today some people will try to go into your mind.. and I wish to go, alone, to stop them," I finished, looking at him the best I could under his gaze.

His eyes showed nothing, his posture still neat. He stood. I gulped.

"Very well, may it be, you can go," He said as he walked up to me.

He lifted my chin, his eyes glued to mine. He dug his fingernails in a bit, I winced.

"Anything else, sir? I'd like to stop them as soon as possible," I looked away for a moment then re-met eye contact.

"Very well," He let go then sat back down on his throne, "you can go now," he finished signaling me out.

I let the breath out that I didn't even know I was holding. I stood up and bowed, then shuffled quickly to the door.

A few minutes later Hunter POV

I heard the door open and close, 'probably Y/n going to get some food' I thought. The sun couldn't be seen out the window as I sat up and stretched. I felt a little pecking at my side.

"Hey!" I shreiked and quickly got up and off my bed.

Flapjack just looked at me with innocent eyes as if he didn't do anything. I sighed.

"It's a bit unusual for Y/n to be up at this time, do you know where they went?" I walked over to the window where the sun wasn't even visible over the horizon, it'll be morning soon.

Flapjack just gave me a look of 'find our yourself'. Like I knew what he meant.

"Thanks for the help," I said as I walked over to the bathroom. "Now let me get ready, and see if Uncle has any new missions for me. Better not keep him waiting," I sighed slipping on my golden guard pants.

Y/N POV

"The night market closes soon so I must be quick," I said to Saphire even though she was in staff form.

I saw the dim light of the market come into view and swooped lower to the ground. Trees wizzed past my face as I steadily made my way towards the light ahead. As the night market came close I slowed down and landed. Sapphire went out of staff form and sat on my shoulder, the best she could.

"Hey! Get off! You're heavy," I shook my shoulder trying to get rid of her. "You have to stay here anyway," I said as I lowered my body so she could jump off easily.

"Why?!?" She complained. "I'll be soooo bored," she looked at me with pleading eyes.

I stayed crouching and pushed her away with my hand.

"Hey! I," she started before a ball rolled Infront of us.

We both fell silent.

"Shh be quiet!" I whispered as quietly as I could.

"I'll get it," a younger kids yell was heard.

I slowly crawled a few feet away, dragging Saph with me. Moments later a short demon kid came and got the ball.

"Got it!" he yelled.

"Phew," I sighed to Saphire.

We looked back to the night market when some hooded figures were seen going into an alleyway. I quickly got up and made my way over to the alleyway, Saphire watching me disappear.

There I saw the hooded figures making a glyph.

'I must stop them' I thought.

Making sure my mask was on I stepped out.

"Stop!" I yelled getting eyes on me.

One of the figures quickly went to press the glyph before getting tackled by the Golden Guard. I quickly jumped in confused why he was here.

"Why are you here!" I hissed.

But before he could respond we were both tackles to the ground and everything went black.

Unknown time later

"Ugh," I groaned holding my sore head.

"Why did you come here?!?" I half yelled at the unmasked Hunter.

"Well why are you here anyway.. where is here?" He responded.

I just stayed silent.

"Belos's mind," Luz stated calmly standing up and brushing herself off.

"What?" Hunter halfly responded.

"We're in Belos's mind," Luz said louder looking at a painting type thing on the wall.

"And we should probably find a way out," I said standing up myself.

"LUZ?!" Eda's voice rang from her pocket.

"EDA!" she yelled grabbing the walkie talkie out of her pocket, clicking it to respond.

"Glad you're alive ki-" Eda started.

"LUZ!" King's voice interrupted.

"KING!" Luz gave a happy sigh.

"Anyway we're working on a way to get you out, so hang tight, alright?" Eda said slight worry woven in her voice.

"Alright," Luz said thankfully.

"For now we should try to find Belos's inner self," I cut in.

"Alright," Luz agreed. "Eda let us know when you're close to getting us out please," Luz said.

Some chirping came from the walkie talkie.

"FLAPJACK!" Hunter quickly took the walkie talkie from Luz.

"Hey!" Luz said annoyed.

Hunter just ignored her and turned around to talk to Flapjack. Hunter responded in whispers before a clear 'I love you too' was heard from him before he gave the walkie back to Luz.

"Aww that's cute!" Luz said shoving the walkie I'm her pocket.

Hunter looked at her with slight annoyance.

"I think it's cute too!" I said giving him a soft smile that was hidden with my mask.

Hunter slightly blushed before clearing his throat.

"Let's go," he said walking past us.

"Okay!" I responded.

Me and Luz followed him slowly behind.

——————————————————

A/n: Me has returned, hope you guys didn't mind the hiatus. New chapters will upload at random since I cannot seem to stick to a schedule, hope you understand. I will try to update as much as possible.

Finished: 10/2/23

Published: 13/2/23

Word count: 1,003