Chapter 26: Something New 1/3

Y/n POV

After some pretty epic dodging and attacking from guards I found myself lying on the ground. Moments ago, to my knowledge, a guard had shoved me down in attempt to catch me off guard. And down I went.

The sharp pain in my head alerted me that I had hit my head. Sitting up I see that Gus was running towards me in a panicked daze while Hunter kept fighting off the last of the soldiers.

"Y/N?!?" Gus practically screamed as he went right through me..

Went right through me?.. WAIT WHAT?!? I looked back and saw me.. why do I see me? I looked down at my hand, transparent. Panicking I lay back day and suddenly feel a shift in energy.

"Y/N?!??" Hunter's voice yells alarmed.

"PHFWAH!" I gasp as I swiftly sit up.

White light fill my eyes.

What the hell!?!?

-_-_-_-Moments later-_-_-_-

I gasp as I sit up.

"Oh is the little kid okay?!" I hear a mocking tone of a young boys voice. "Or did they get hurt," the boy continues with a giggle.

Rubbing my eyes as the light is blinding I start blinking them open. Standing Infront of me is an unusual boy indeed, I think I remember him from somewhere, or some time? He has blonde crazy hair with brown eyes that glint red in the sun. He looked no younger get than 7 but no older than 9.

"I think we should push her higher next time!" Another boy said with a snarl.

This other boy looked opposite of the boy next to him, black neat cut hair, with blue gleaming eyes; his clothes were even more kempt that the blonde haired boys. He looked a bit older thant the blond boy, maybe 9 at youngest and 11 at oldest.

Only now did it occur to me that there was sharp pains on my knees, or that I was smaller.

"Why did you do that!?" My voice spoke on its own, much smaller, fragile, and softer than what it is now.

"We just wanted to see how high you could go without falling off the swings," the black haired boy said with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah, but then I fell off because of you two!" The small voice of mine retorted once again.

"That was the point," the blonde boy said with a chuckle followed after.

I glanced around and saw the same park I was just looking at minutes ago in [redacted]'s illusion. Wait who's illusion?

"Why are you guys being mean to me?!" The small voice yelled..

"Because why not- because why not- because why not-" the boys kept saying over and over.

After a few seconds they stopped.

"You're weak," the black haired boy said.

"Weak?" The small voice asked faltering.

"Weak."

The world started crumpling from behind them.

"Useless," the blonde said.

I started scooting away in fear.

I got up and turned to run, but hands were placed on my shoulder.

"Weak."

I looked back.

"Useless."

I turned back around and saw myself, as a reflection.

"Huh?" I muttered.

There was a reflection of me, but it wasn't the me I remember, it was a small child... a small me.

Backing away the world around me completely disappeared up until the last few peices of dirt beneath my feet were left. I felt a on my feet.

"ACK," I yelled as I was pulled into the ground.

As soon as I was being pulled was as soon as I flopped onto the ground.

"Y/n?" I heard a voice say.

I was laying on the ground face down.

I stood and as soon as I turned I was met with a soft smile of Hunter, who was much more taller than me than I rememberer.

"What is this place?" Was the first thing to come out of my mouth, in my child voice.

"Your mind.. but you shouldn't even be here.. well like this?" He said unsure of how he was wording what he was saying.

"Ohh that makes sense.." I said. "Let me just-"

I snapped my fingers and in a poof of blue smoke I was me again, sort of.

The thing that didn't change was my outfit, it grew, sure, but it wasn't really me.

"This will have to do I guess," I sighed.
"Now how do we get out of here?"

I looked up at Hunter and there was worry all across his face.

"So about that," he started.

He looked at the ground as he rubbed the back of his neck. Only now did I start looking around. The ground looked like a path that's been used quite frequently, yet over grown to show how unmaintained it was. The sky was very cloudy, very dark. It smelled fresh of rain, and there was a slight breeze. Thunder boomed overhead.

"You can't come out with me, you have to leave yourself," he continued.
"You have to find you inner self, at the deepest part," he finished with a sigh.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
A/n: shorter chapter but I probably would have never continue it and posted it for longer! Sorry so bye for now!

Date published: 5/25/23
Word count: 872