Chapter 25: Labrynth Runners pt2

A/n: so uh yeah! That happened! Sorry for leaving on a cliffhanger and then not updating for multiple week. I'm an irresponsible author, as you can probably tell. I'll try to make this chapter filled nicely and not lacking anything. I will take a spin on the show so the chapter will be different than the show so on with the chapter I guess and hope you enjoy this long awaited chapter!

Y/n POV

"Stop!" The familiar voice of Gus rang.

I looked down and saw something, how have I not noticed it was there?
I quickly pulled my hand away and exhaled a sigh.

"They're using illusion magic," Gus stated and used his own magic to reveal a bunch of guards, and coven head Adrian in a directors chair.

Everyone gasped.

"Cut, cut, cut, cut," Adrian started and sighed. "You just had to choose someone already in a coven, who is also wanted by the Emporer. And need I mention you have terrible acting skills." He continued.

"Hello, again, Adrian," I sighed. "I don't know how I failed to notice that they branded me while I was asleep," I sarcasticly said.

I've only seen Adrian a few times around the castle, and then he'd scoff at me for climbing the ranks like it was nothing.

"Ah yes, nice to see you too," he shot back with the same tone of sarcasm.
"On with the next point of case, since my guard messed up we must take more drastic measures. Now you can go away, and you," he said pointing to Gus, "how did you do that?" he said eyeing him.

I quickly retreated back to Luz, I feel kind of bad for leaving Gus in the spotlight like that.

"I noticed the illusion magic," He stated.

"Yes, yes," Adrian said.

Adrian took the coven sigil glove from the guard and slipped it on. He walked over towards Gus and grabbed him by the wrist.
I excepted this and was still very scared for him.

I felt something land on my shoulder, everyone else was too shocked to notice the little red bird perched on my shoulder. I sighed a breath of relief and suddenly was surrounded by illusions. Everyone was running and frantic.

I could only see Luz, and Willow near me. They both looked at me, but I was just running past them towards Gus.
I reached Gus just as Hunter started dragging them off, just how I hoped this part would go.

Trying to keep up with them was hard. The second I tripped I lost them... and now it was just me and Flapjack.

"Ow," I groaned sitting up.

I stood up and looked around.

"This is different," I muttered to myself. "Flapjack?" I halfly called out.
I heard his chirp as he once again stationed himself on my shoulder.

"Glad you're here Flap," I said drawing in a breath.

"What is this place?" He asked in his chirpy voice.

Sighing I really taking in my surroundings.

"This is called a park, from my world," I said with a quivering smile.

The quickly changed to the streets of the Boiling Aisles as rapid footsteps approached. And now I'm running, great.

"ACK," I scream. I fall to my butt
"Ow, ow, ow," I put my hand to my face.

"There they are! GET THEM!" I hear as some guards turn the corner.

I quickly stand up and continue running. As I turn a corner I'm quickly pulled into a room through a door. I go to scream but a soft, clammy, hand covers my mouth. As the guards footsteps fade down the hall the person takes their hand off my face. I look over and see the ashy blonde hair of-

"HUNTER!" I jump and give him a hug.

I quickly revolt as he really needs a shower.

"H-hi Blue.." he says dejectedly.

"Hello yes, first let me just," I put my hand up Infront of his face and my hand starts to glow blue. I swing my arm down until my hand is pointed at his feet.

"Woah," he says.

"Now that's better," I say and go back for another hug.

We hug for what seems like forever, crammed into 5 seconds and I glance over his shoulder to see the little illusionist.

"Gus," I say squirming out of the hug.

I kneel down beside him and reach my hand out.

"Are you feeling better now?" I ask him in a soft voice.

"Y-yeah," he said with a small smile.

He reaches his hand out and I pull him up, standing up myself.

Chirp chirp

"Hey Flap," Hunter said as Flapjack landed on his flunger then hopped to his shoulder.

"Sorry to ruin all our moments but we should probably make our way to other people, or outside," I said walking to the door.

"Yeah, you're right," Hunter followed.

"Let's get going," Gus added.

A few minutes later

"Do you guys hear that?" I asked in a whispered voice.

"Hear what?" Gus said aloud.

And suddenly we were swarmed by guards.

"How lovely," Hunter said sarcasticly.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A/n: That's all for this chapter (sorry guys!) I probably wouldn't have finished it today if I didn't just wrap it up there.

The next chapter will not be part 3 of Labrynth runners but a chapter of its own. Instead the chapter will cover the ending of this episode and a dive into your mind, Y/n's mind, and something interesting at the end.

Published: 1/6/23

Word count: 927