constantly rejected - ryusui nanami

(The formatting for this one is a little weird and for some reason cannot fix it. Sorry!)

You didn't know what it would take to get this guy off your back.

Before the two of you became friends, you were certain that Ryusui Nanami was one of the most insufferable dudes you've ever met. Always on about desire this and desire that; his arrogance infuriated you. 'How is anyone supposed to work with this guy?' you used to think to yourself. Over time however, you realized that beneath his selfish and sometimes harsh exterior, Ryusui is a caring guy with a lot of ambition and determination who genuinely loves people and what the world has to offer. In some ways, you could relate to his way of thinking, but it didn't make his overbearing desires and booming voice any less irritating.

The two of you eventually became friends through the work you put into building the Perseus and through your adventures together with the rest of the crew. But something you found strange about your relationship with Ryusui was that, even though you disliked him quite a bit when the two of you were mere strangers, he's always liked you.

Now, this shouldn't be too weird. As said, Ryusui loves people. No matter who they are or how long he's known them, Ryusui finds something to like about someone, which you couldn't help but respect about him from the beginning. But Ryusui rarely presented his desires for a person in a way that could be seen as romantic. It was more so admiration and awe of a person. While he presented his desire to want you in this way as well, he later also started presenting his desire for you in a different way. In the romantic way you observed he didn't desire anyone else.

At some point, Ryusui Nanami realized that he desired you as a romantic partner. What caught you off guard one day was the fact that he told you.

This weird proclamation came from him when you confronted his bold and "special" treatment toward you. He often offered you heaps of Drago for the most trivial things you did, claiming they were worthy of the money he bestowed upon you. He encouraged you to use the money to buy an outfit you had eyed from Senku's department store, or some cotton candy, occasionally even making purchases for you. He'd invite you to bask in his luxuries together, setting up a chair for you right beside him with members of the kingdom of science feeding you and cooling you down after working hard. If there was something you had mentioned you wanted, or hell, even liked or loved, whether it be repeatedly or briefly, Ryusui would take a mental note of it and look for ways to obtain it. Flowers by a hillside you thought were pretty? A bouquet will show up by your tent. Mumbling out loud about how you could use some fresh tools? An assortment of polished ones will be gifted to you by Ryusui himself. You were confused and taken aback by the sudden affection, and blunt as ever, Ryusui responded "In truth, Y/N, I desire you as my partner, and I want you by my side!"

Ryusui desires the Earth, heavens and seas. He seemingly wants every conceivable item, skill and trait, and he isn't shy about these bold desires; he never has been. So even though this proclamation was no different than the rest, it still surprised you just the same. He wanted you as a partner?

And so that's what led to your current dilemma: you didn't know what it would take to get Ryusui off your back.

You've heard from Minami about how Ryusui was rarely seen without the company of a beautiful girl. He was constantly around them and dubbed a playboy by the media. No way he's loyal.

"What can I tell you; I love everyone! But in this day and age, I love you, and only you, romantically." You didn't know how to feel about Ryusui telling you he loved you only a couple of weeks after you two first met.

Sure, you two knew each other a fair amount, but you've still only just met. Plus, you have an important mission ahead of the two of you. Won't a relationship interfere with that?