relationship headcanons - byakuya ishigami

byakuya loves music- i think he's the type to play old songs around the house or hum an old tune when he's doing something. So when the two of you are staying in, he'll sometimes dance around the apartment with you.

the most patient man ever. He's a teacher with an eccentric son, so his tolerance level is insane. If you're struggling with understanding something in terms of work or just everyday life, byakuya has no problem explaining it to you or even learning alongside you! 

(he's really funny when explaining things too. if its a broad subject, he has no problem teaching it, but usually his explanations are really "in a nutshell" comedic kind of explanations)

his gifts are always meaningful and tailored to you in some way. Sometimes they could be silly (cue when byakuya got two loveboxes because he thought it was a fun way of communicating over long distance) but mostly they were really thought out.

date night once a week. Usually it's on a friday evening that the two of you go out, and byakuya is the type of guy to never want a repeat of a previous date (there are exceptions! But typically byakuya likes to do something different with you every week). He might find different restaurants for the two of you to dine in, buy tickets for all kinds of shows. Just like his physical gifts, his dates are well thought out as well. continuation of date night! 

He likes to hold your hand or have you on his arm, especially in crowded places. He says its so you dont accidentally lose each other and he isnt lying when he says that, but he does find it romantic and heartwarming as well. 

can sometimes get nervous before a major date, and he'll be frantically getting ready while ranting to senku. Tying his tie, combing his hair, searching for his keys, he does all this while senku listens to him run around. "i just want this to be SPECIAL you know? I want to make sure Y/N enjoys- goddamn it where are my keys!" 

on the other hand, he can be smooth. really smooth. He'll hum a little tune as he adjusts his outfit in the mirror, putting on the final touches of his well-put together appearance 

really loves it when you bond with senku. Makes him a little teary-eyed. Two of the people he loves most coming together and enjoying each others' presence? His heart soars when his son tells him about how he enjoys your company and finds value in your science input. 

rolls his eyes over his dad's relationship (especially with how sappy he can get) but senku is truly happy for byakuya for finding someone he loves so much

he likes to indulge in the things you love. No matter how silly or even boring your hobbies may be, he wants to learn about them and try them out for himself

little bit of a romantic, so he's the type to bring you flowers and chocolates on more formal dates. He plans out each bouquet, and like everything else he does, the effort shows.

overall just a super fun and thoughtful partner. He always shows up for you and constantly raises the bar <3