protective over injured s/o - gen asagiri & hyoga

Gen:

Though impressed by Gen's betrayal of the Tsukasa Empire, Hyoga wouldn't allow him to get away with it. He needed to be reminded of the might they had, that they were no fools.

And so when he remembers a comment Gen had made about a certain villager when reporting back to the Tsukasa Empire, he immediately knows how he wants to deliver that reminder.

As if the situation couldn't have gotten any worse with Hyoga's attack on the Kingdom of Science, he revealed that his ambush was merely a distraction as his right hand Homura set fire to Ishigami Village. To deal the final blow on not only the double crosser himself but the rest of the villagers, Hyoga caught you when you were off guard staring in horror at the sight of your home being burned down and stabbed you with his spear. As the others dealt with fending off Homura, Hyoga and his men, Gen and the other villagers stayed behind to help tend to your massive stab wound. Suika had run off in an effort to lure the group away from the village, giving the villagers the opportunity to take care of you without having to be on guard. Senku called out some instructions to Gen on how to help with your wound until he got back before running off after Suika with Kohaku. Through shaky hands, Gen immediately got to work.

He was relieved when Senku later did a proper assessment of your condition and assured him that you'd eventually recover. Though horribly wounded, your condition was similar to Gen's from when he'd been stabbed.

Gen knew better than anyone the pain you were in, being victim of one of Hyoga's spear assaults himself. It was tremendous, and you were weak in every sense. Just watching you in your frail state made all those feelings wash over him again, and his guilt was just as immense.

He watches you throughout your entire recovery. When you manage to feel well enough to talk, he talks your ear off. He tries to take your mind off your inability to move and redirect your focus to more lighthearted matters, whether it be the Kingdom of Science's progress in creating cell phones or his magic tricks. Gen's company helped you pass the time instead of spending it basking in your agony.

When you're entirely healed, he teaches you some of his own tricks to self defense, such as his fake blood bags, to help keep you even the slightest bit safer in the future. He's nervous to have you involved in any battles after that, especially against the Tsukasa Empire, but he knows it's unavoidable and that you'll want to fight. So though he can't physically protect you himself, he does what he can to keep you safe in the ways he knows how.

In future conflicts, despite his fear, he still puts a protective arm in front of you and tries at all cost to manipulate the battle away from you, so you could stay clear of danger for as long as he could control it.

Hyoga:

The Kingdom of Science was backed into a corner- or so the enemy thought. It just so happened that Senku purposely chose the room Hyoga was being held in on the Perseus, and he just so happened to have the last remainder of revival fluid to use on him. Being in the tricky situation they were in, Senku was left with no other option.

As Hyoga emerged from his stone stature and took hold of Kinro's spear, he surveyed his new surroundings. He quickly understood the dilemma the Kingdom of Science faced and searched for you within the panicked group. His eyes landed on yours, shocked and doubtful, with the slightest sliver of guilt. From the very beginning you had sided with Senku, disgusted over your friend's cruel vision for the new world and what he was willing to do to bring it to fruition. Having to help take down someone you were so close to hurt your heart, but for the sake of others, you did what had to be done. On the surface, it was as if Hyoga had no room in his seemingly miniscule heart for you anymore, but your dedication was true and your means of protecting others impressive.

Which is why when he was torn between siding with Moz or the Kingdom of Science, his eyes settled on you almost tauntingly, cold steel gaze pinning a sort of blame on you.

But then his eyes trailed downward.

You were hunched over and holding your shoulder with your opposite hand, blood seeping down your arm and all over your fingers and the palm of your hand. You looked tired, presumably from the excessive loss of blood and the need to keep moving in order to stay safe. Yet you stood with your friends once again, not letting yourself submit to Moz's wrath.

And so Hyoga lunged forward with the golden spear toward Moz, and a fierce battle between the two spearsmen ensued. Senku's risky "wild card" paid off in the end, as Hyoga was eventually able to bring Moz to his knees and force him to surrender.

His strength and skill is just as admirable as ever, was your final thought before the loss of blood caused you to pass out near the end of the battle.

When you woke, you were met with the sound of incoherent talking and the familiar walls of the Perseus bunker. You slowly blinked as your eyes adjusted to the sight of Senku and Hyoga talking over your body, serious looks etched into their faces and tones as you started to comprehend their words.

"...no longer has any affiliation with me. Even then, your Kingdom of Science wouldn't resort to such violent means."

"And we have no way of knowing you won't do the same."

"I see aiding you in your battle was a mistake."

As you shifted in your bed, both pairs of eyes snapped toward you in surprise. Hyoga's eyes widened at the same time Senku smirked. "Good morning, sleeping beauty. Feeling well rested?"

You yelped as you attempted to prop yourself up on your injured arm, and Hyoga quickly forced you back to lie down. "Think before you act, you fool."

His sharp gaze returned to Senku as he narrowed his eyes. "I will look over Y/N alongside you. Whether I have your permission or not doesn't matter to me."

Senku shrugged. "I have no problem with that so long as you're serious."

An agreement was reached. Hyoga would take over Senku's place in monitoring your recovery in order for Senku to focus on the next steps the Kingdom of Science should take. Like that, Hyoga had joined the Kingdom of Science.

You did a lot of catching up while under his care. What had you been doing while he was petrified? What was the Kingdom of Science working toward now? What other injuries had you sustained? Why the hell weren't you more careful? There was a conflicting mix between care and resentment in his questions and comments, the contrast between each putting you on edge. You didn't know exactly where you stood with Hyoga, and his dual responses made it difficult to deduct where he stood on the matter.

It had to be somewhere neutral, because why else would he be so insistent on looking out for you? Why would he constantly put you down for your mistake if there wasn't some part of him that still cared about you? Why was he so quick to shield you from the other members of the Kingdom of Science? Why did his eyes hold such strong resentment when you told him of the way Moz hurt you?

In a strange way, you almost felt the need to thank Moz, because you were able to reunite with an old friend and rekindle feelings of something more.