messing with sulfur hexaflouride - senku ishigami

Senku never fails to surprise his peers. He has a knack for amazing and even scaring people with his science projects. His enthusiasm was seemingly boundless, contagious even to those who weren't as passionate about science as he was. Not many people could usually match his excitement, and a lot of the time he'd indulge in whatever new science fascination he discovered on his own.

Or so people thought.

It didn't take long for people to learn your name and for it to become commonly associated with his. The two of you spent all your free time working away on projects, from chemistry to tech. You had been Senku's friend ever since the two of you were young, and growing up together hasn't changed the fact that Senku always sought you out first to share in his enthusiasm with.

Senku never fails to surprise his peers, and today was no exception. The door to the science clubroom swung wide open and hit the wall with a loud thud, making the club members turn in surprise toward the door. Senku strode toward a nearby counter, setting down a small metal tank on top as he did so.

As he walked over, one of the nearby club members turned to him in wonder. "Whoa, Senku. Whatcha got there?"

"Sulfur hexafluoride. A gas six times denser than air. In other words, you turn into Darth Vadar when you inhale it!"

The club members all gasped in awe, eager to try out the gas themselves. Senku raised his hands up in mock surrender as they crowded around him and smirked. "Y/N's bringing the balloons. Are they not here yet?"

As soon as he asked, the door to the science clubroom slammed open yet again.

"Right here!"

The crowd redirected its gaze toward you holding up a plastic pack of balloons in the air with a proud smile. They cheered as you made your way over, handing it over to Senku.

He hands over the balloon for you to try first, and the room quiets as you inhale from it. A beat of silence, and then-

"Greetings."

Your unnaturally deep voice makes everyone in the room light up and laugh, taking the balloon from your hands to give the voice a try themselves. Soon enough, each member of the club is taking turns playing the part of an evil villain dropping a dramatic line.

The two of you had already tried out the effects of the gas on your voices at Senku's place only a day earlier. It was needed for one of your projects, and Senku, knowing you'd get a kick out of it, demonstrated the effects of the gas on his voice as you laughed over how creepy he sounded. You amused yourself with the gas from time to time as the two of you worked. You always kept a balloon in your hands, inhaling into it at the most random times, always making yourself giggle. And today was no exception.

As you laughed watching your clubmates entertain themselves with the gas, you skipped over to Senku and nudged him in the side. "So, does that mean helium's next?"

It's what he found so endearing about you, your endless curiosity and enthusiasm. He loved being able to share with you his deep love and fascination of science and have you return that same fascination with the exact same energy. He loves watching your face as you observe an experiment he's done a million times in wonder, and he doesn't think he'll ever get sick of your eagerness to learn.

Senku never fails to surprise his peers, and that includes you, too. And out of all the impressed looks he gets, he finds yours to be the one he's always most eager to see.

He grinned, ready to blow you away yet again. "Ten billion percent."