Antigravity at the center of the island...For real?

When they said 'be gay', no one expected it could actually be serious. Dave realized that last night as Marc graciously held his hand throughout the journey. He complained that he should let go but Marc always found a way to get his hands back in his.

It was taunting Dave even till they fell asleep because for some dumb reason, that made him happy. He couldn't keep the smile out of his face, that was until Marc looked at him. But underneath it all, he was bloody bliss.

And that was where the problem was!

They were back on the road again and Dave had decided walk with Ramus instead. Brian was the leader of the group which meant he held the map. He had ignored him and his monkey since the journey began and last night, Travis, as Ramus liked to call the monkey, ran off. Right now, Ramus was blue and as a friend, Dave was trying to cheer him up.

And get away from Marc.

"Sorry about your monkey." He said as he ducked under a huge branch.

Ramus' eyes haven't even left the trees since they started moving. He was probably hopping he would see his monkey again. "It's okay. I'm just mad that Brian hasn't talked to me."

Dave frowned, "Must he?"

Ramus glanced at him and Dave could see him as a puppy who had lost his best friend and was ignored by his master. He could just imagine the tail hanging sadly between his legs and those sad ears pressed to his head.

Dave's dog on the other hand was swinging his tail faster than normal. He just had a thought.

Dave looked around then moved closer to Ramus as they followed slowly behind Brian and Marc, who hadn't stopped shooting glances his way. Gosh, it was just one night.

"Do you like him?" Dave asked just for the sake of asking or he just wanted someone to admit that they liked they partner beside him.

"Yes. A lot. He has practically done everything for me and I am just trying my best to cause less trouble so he would smile at me."

Dave blinked. He hadn't expected a full grown confession. Just maybe a 'yes' or 'a little' but not all that. What the fuck has been happening between those two?

"Are you gay?"

Ramus seemed to have to a realization of what he had said because he stopped as his widened eyes stared openly at Brian's back. He slowly turned to him and said to Dave, "Am I gay?"

"Do you like girls?"

"I don't know right now. All that has been on my mind is Brian, Brian and Brian." He counted then gasped, "I am gay!"

Dave exhaled. This was deeper than he was going for. There was no way in hell Ramus could be gay even if he admitted it. Like, they have been here for just five day. Dave planned on breaking after a month but wouldn't that just make them stay longer?

"I don't think you are gay." Dave said slowly. "You just like him because he takes care of you."

Ramus stared at Dave for a minute before his face broke into a grin, "Maybe that's it. I just like him because he is nice to me. It's not like I really like him." He exhaled in relief then added, "Let's catch up before we get lost."

"Yeah."

They caught up quickly and talked about what they were outside the island. They found out they had almost nothing in common. Ramus was a spoilt brat while Dave was the one who actually took care of the family. The only common thing was their age and they were students.

As they talked, they didn't know when the other two men had stopped walking until they bumped into their backpack.

"Ow." Ramus winced as he pulled back.