Prologue

Yorkshire, North England.

Stretching like a cat, Dave Creed groggily entered the bathroom to have a shower. He had finally been called for school but the thrill of it had already been washed out. He had been waiting for four months for his parents to find a school for him.

Dave did find a school that he wanted to go but his parents brushed the idea off when they found out how much they had to paid for it.

Finally they found one but it was in another country and his visa for that had expired so it took them about a month to get everything up again. But by then the initial excitement was gone.

"Honey, are you up yet? Your flight is this afternoon." His mum calls from his room.

Rolling his eyes, he rinsed his mouth then looked at himself in the mirror. Awfully pale blue eyes stared back at him. He better be in the mood for this or he was going to miss that plane because of his lack of interest.

~::~

Johannesburg, South Africa.

He stuffed his files in his suitcase, knowing it was still going to get squeezed at the bottom. Nathan Criss, cleared his working table, locking up the folders in his drawers and scanning quickly if there were anything else he needed.

"Nothing." He nodded, thankful that everything was already packed.

He was a marketing director and he had a meeting all the way in Florida. His plane was to take off not too far from now but the good thing was that his office wasn't too far from the airport.

His assistant knocked on the glass door, pulling him out of the staring contest he had with the table. "Mr. Criss, your driver has come with the car, sir."

"Wonderful." He picked his up his suitcase then took quick strides towards her. "I will be back by Monday. Keep everything in order."

"As you wish." She smiled at him.

~::~

Ottawa, Ontario.

The surge of adrenaline that was rushing through his body had him running into the airport. Michael Jones hadn't seen his sister since he was taken away from her when their parents died in a sudden car crash.

He had been too young to take care of her so they had taken them to a foster home. Sadly, Michael was adopted and not Camila, his sister. After years of not being able to contact the foster home, he finally did but found out his sister had been adopted.

It took the foster home about three months to find out who her new parents were and when he heard she was in Florida, he couldn't wait to get on that plane.

~::~

Fujian, China.

"What do you mean you don't want me on your case?" He practically shouted into the receiver. "I am your lawyer."

"Look dude, I know I dragged you into this but it is fine now." The stupid American man on the line started. "I just misunderstood the situation."

Mr. Marc Yen scoffed, standing up from his seat to stroll around in his office, completely peeved by what his client was saying. "So you are trying to tell me the case is off?"

"Yes. I'm sorry for the trouble."

He hung up immediately, "Sorry my ass."

Marc Yen growled at the window, entirely pissed that he'd lost that case with the stupid American. Who was he to say no to him? The offender had outright stolen from him and yet he didn't want to file charges anymore. The fuck happened between two days?