Once More

(1st Person POV. Character: Ludvig)

So here I was again. Hobbling backstage, clutching my chest, and having the same feeling of embarrassment once more. 💭How did this happen again?💭 I wondered in a daze. 💭I won, and yet it still wasn't enough...💭

I looked up at my rescuer. Eyes full of worry as she tried so desperately to bring me to safety. Glancing back every so often to make sure he wasn't following us. As she finally got me to my locker room, she set me down on my couch, quickly rushing over to the door to lock it.

In the blink of my eyes she was back in front of me. Everything looking so fuzzy made the whole thing feel like a dream. One word echoed through my head as my sight darkened. Did she turn the lights off? She must have...

"Sleep..."

. . . Sleep.

(Time skip to the next morning.)

I slowly opened my eyes to see a small puppy next to my face. The fur around it's head acting like the mane of a lion, and the rest of it's small body, arguably, just as fluffy. I received a lick to my nose as the rest of my body began to wake up. Sitting up, the baby dog hopped in my lap. Or, more specifically, the blanket covering my lap.

Was yesterday a dream? There was only one way to find out. I looked down at my chest, and sure enough, there was a dark brown bruise. Somehow bigger than the one I had last time. Memories of the previous night flooded my head. Which was finally able to think properly after such an unexpected blow.

I sighed heavily. Looking around my locker room, I saw a piece of paper on the coffee table in front of me. It was a note. 💭From Gracie...?💭 I wondered. I picked it up to open it. Sure enough, it was. And it read:

Dear Ludvig, good morning! I hope you're feeling better. Sorry I'm not here to say it to you now, but I had to run Bingo to the vet last minute. My cousin went to check on her last night and told me she had been throwing up. Could you please do me a favor and watch Mochi and Fluff while I'm gone?

Sincerest apologies (and thanks), ~Lacy Grace~

💭Mochi and Fluff...?💭 Looking down at the puppy in my lap, I assumed this one was Fluff. 💭But where's Mochi?💭 I wondered. I looked around the room again, only to see my door wide open. Mochi got out.

That seemed to do it for me. Now wide awake, I threw blanket off of me, picked up Fluff, stood up, set Fluff back down, and got dressed. Now in a tank top and loose jeans, I went to head out the door. But then remembered that I couldn't leave a puppy all by itself.

Looking back at Fluff, I sighed. 💭Gracie trusted you with her dogs. She's taken care of you, now it's your turn to return the favor.💭 "Come here, Fluff!" I called, wondering if he knew commands. The small puppy slowly hopped off the couch, fell over for just a moment, but then got right back up and pranced over to me.

Picking Fluff up, I continued out the door. Trying to decide where to start looking for Mochi. Then it hit me. (no pun intended) Food! Dogs like food, right? The smell, the taste, the sight. Mochi must have gone to the dinner hall. Well, it wasn't just for dinner. Breakfast and lunch was served there three days a week. And dinner was provided to anyone who was working any day of the week.

I began making my way to that location. And just as I turned the corner someone joined my side. Walking to the same place. It was Drew McIntyre. What could he want?