The Set-Up

(1st Person POV. Character: Fabian)
{Note: This→ Name: (text) = Texting.
This→ Name: (text) = calling.}

It was now 5:30 p.m. and I would soon be coming by again to take Marcel to work. (Considering his car was at the workplace.) I had gotten the perfect plan together to get Maria and Marc on a date. But, I would need the help of someone that knows Maria pretty well.

Then it hit me! Gracie! She may not like her all that much, but she still knew the woman's mind like the back of her hand. Surely I could get her to help if she knew it was to help Marc. The two were pretty good friends, after all.

(With Ludvig)

Ludvig knew he was in deep shit. He'd lied to me about who his crush really was, and now Maria thought he actually loved her. Because, of course, I already told her. "What am I going to do, Fluff?!" Ludvig asked in a panic. Fluff looked up from her food bowl

"I told Fabian that I liked Maria, AND we were making out last night! So he thinks I like her, but I don't!! I don't Fluff! I like Lacy- I mean GRACIE! And now Fabian told Maria that I like her, and he's coming up with a plan to get us together, and I have to figure out how to tell Maria that I don't like her, and I have to tell Fabian that I lied to him!!"

Fluff barked. Ludvig smacked his hand to his forehead. "You're right, Fluff! Fabian is going to ask me who I actually like if I tell him I lied! And if I tell him he'll tell Gracie and I still am not ready for her to know!" Fluff shoved her head into her dog food, attempting not to hear him. But it wasn't of much use because he picked her up a few seconds later.

"What would Gracie do in this situation?!" He asked once more. Fluff barked again. 💭The hell if I would know?!💭 She thought.

(With Gracie)

Gracie was relaxing on her couch with Mochi when her phone rang. Answering it, I spoke; "Hey! This is Gracie, right?" "Um, yes." She replied a bit confused. "Okay, cool. So I got the right number. Listen, it's Fabian!" I said back. Gracie was still confused. "Fabian...?" She asked.

Fabian: Giovanni!

Gracie: Oh! Giovanni, hi! Sorry, I'm not used to hearing your real name! What's up?

Fabian: I'm glad you asked! I need your help with something super important!

Gracie: Me? Yeah, sure! What is it? I'm always glad to help out!

I smiled. So maybe my plan would work after all!

Fabian: I'm going to let you in on a little secret!

Gracie loved secrets. 💭Maybe he's calling to tell me that Ludvig likes me!!💭 She internally screamed.

Gracie: And what's the secret??

Fabian: I just found out this morning that Ludvig likes Maria!

Gracie's heart dropped.

Fabian: I thought that he was solely drunk last night and that was the reason he was making out with her, but no! He actually likes her!

Gracie's eyes began to well with tears. She bit her lip, forcing herself to listen to what I had to say.

Fabian: And I was just wondering if you could help me get the two set up on a date? I know you and Maria aren't on the best terms, but you still know her pretty well!

Mochi nuzzled up to Gracie. Noticing she was upset, and trying to calm her down. It took Gracie a moment to compose herself enough to be able to talk.

Gracie: Y-yeah, sure...! I'd be happy to help!