CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!! 🎄🎀

(Lacy's POV)

"Baby! Help me!" I cried out as the smoke alarm began to go off as I pulled the goose out of the oven. Mochi, Fluff, and Bingo began barking at the loud noise. Marcel rushed out of the bedroom and grabbed the dish towel off the kitchen counter. He began to get the smoke away from the alarm.

I placed the goose on the stove and sighed in relief when I saw that it wasn't burnt. I closed the oven door. Marcel placed the towel down and said "Stop barking! The alarm is off!" All the dogs instantly shut up.

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his chest. He responded by wrapping his arms around my waist. "Meine Güte, the holidays are so stressful." I giggled again. "Remind me why Fabian made us cook the turkey?" He asked.

"You mean me?" I joked as I looked up at him. "All you did was grab the goose from the butcher." He looked down at me with an offended expression. I stood on my tippy toes and gave him a quick kiss before releasing him from my embrace. He kissed back and did the same.

"Now, help me with the cornbread!" I exclaimed, hopping back over to the oven and setting the new temperature. I heard my boyfriend chuckle as he walked over to the cabinet.

The holidays were always my favorite time of year because I got to do things like this with the people I loved. Cooking, baking, and laughing with each other, just made my heart swell with joy. I got the milk and butter out of the fridge as Marcel grabbed the mixing bowl and cornbread mix.

"Never knew my boyfriend could be so knowledgeable in the kitchen," I observed. "You've only been to my house a couple of times, and you already know where everything is!" I heard him laugh. "It's not my fault that everything is so neatly arranged." He indirectly complimented my sense of organization.

I laughed and nudged him with my elbow. "C'mon. We've got an hour to get this done- BINGO!" I suddenly screeched. "Get away from the goose! I worked hard on that!" Bingo instantly backed away from the oven and went back to her bed. My boyfriend laughed again.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the batter mix out of his hand.

~•🎀•~

I finished setting up the table just as the timer went off. The cornbread was done! Marc pulled it out of the oven and popped it directly into a platter. Handing it to me to set on the table.

I adjusted a few pinecones and stepped back to admire my work

I adjusted a few pinecones and stepped back to admire my work. I stretched my arms to the air with a smile. "Yay! I did it!" I exclaimed, proud of myself for managing my first Christmas dinner the way I wanted it. "Good job sweetheart," Marc said as he walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and burying his face into the side of my neck.

I giggled and scratched the back of his head. I admired my nails too. I'd gotten them done for the first time. I had gotten a manicure before having them painted a Christmas-y theme.