~Chapter 26: Waking Up~

***Peeta***

I try to stand up as soon as Katniss leaves but I fall. I fall like an idiot who can't walk. I'm an idiot. I missed two years of my life. I'm not young anymore. I missed two years full of birthdays and celebrations! What if my kids look totally different? What if I don't recognize them?

"Mr. Mellark?" The nurse looks at me on the floor. Probably thinking I'm stupid.

"What?" I say it too bitterly.

"Want some help?"

"Yes, please."

She grabs my hands and pulls me up like I'm nothing and sits me down on the bed. She lays her hands on her white nurse outfit and then looks at me in a questioning manner. I sigh and ask, "How much do I weigh?"

At first she hesitates but then she says, "I'm not sure but I heard Dr.Yester say a while ago you weigh at 120 pounds. I'm new here so I don't know much about that information."

"Did you hear me fall," I ask embarrassed.

"No. I didn't. The doctor just sent me because Katniss said you woke up. He will be here any minute now. I'm sure other visitors will be here too. I saw many times you've had a couple visitors."

I was about to ask her another question but the doctor walks in. He's very tall with brown hair and in casual clothes. He doesn't look that professional. He doesn't seem surprised by my awakening? I don't like him.

"So how is the patient doing, nurse?"

"Very well. He woke up and has shown evidence of motion."

The doctor looks at his paper. He hasn't looked up yet. He only asks questions.

"Can he walk?"

"No sir. He tried but he only fell."

"Okay," He looks up from his paper. He looks exhausted. I sort of feel sorry for him. Sorry for judging him. He looks worse than Katniss. "He may leave in a ten days."

"What!?"

He gives me a dirty look and says," You just woke up from two years of a coma. I'm not even giving you the minimum. You have to gain weight, learn to walk, and become healthier."

He turns to the nurse and orders, "Bring him food."

She nods and says while leaving, "Yes sir."

She respects him too much. Dr.Yester walks away and leaves me sitting on the bed. I stare at the wall for a while thinking. I think about Annie. I stare at the white wall for about fifteen minutes until that young nurse walks in again with carts full of trays of food.

She moves my feet to the middle of the bed and then goes back to get my tray. She puts it on my lap. I'm glad I can move my hands. I thank her as she leaves and then eat most of my food. She comes back later and takes back my tray.

***Willow***

I got the news about my dad. He's awake. I forgot the sound of his voice. It's been so long since I talked to him. At school, many of my classmates told me he was dead. My friends are my only supporters. They tell me not to forget him and the other people are stupid.

Sometimes I believed the stupid people who told me my dad was gone. But he isn't! I can tell those people they were wrong. I can't wait to see their faces.

Rye barely remembers dad. He forgot his voice too but he remembers how he looks. The only reason he remembers is because we visit him.

Mom came home a while ago, angry. She talked about how dad kicked her out of the hospital. Now she's talking to herself in her room.

I can't believe how out of control our life is without dad. I can't even imagine want mom would do if he died. She would probably kill herself.

I sit there, on the tan couch in our living room thinking about my dad. I feel happy he's returning. But I just don't feel complete.

"Willow!!! Wilooo-" Mom needs help.

I run to my mom's room, passing the white walls to her bedroom. She's turning red. She can't breathe!!! I grab the phone and call the hospital. While this happens I'm starting to cry. Rye walks in the room and starts telling mom to breathe and then he starts crying and I start shouting at him.

My mom's tiring face that aged more then it's supposed to since dad left is turning blue. The people on the other side of the phone are trying to make me stop screaming at them and telling me they are almost there. But I can't stop screaming. I can't stop crying. I can't stay still. Everything's a blur. I don't know if my mom will be alright after this...if she lives, that is.

Sorry for leaving you off at such a bad ending. I guess you have to wait and see what happens next. What do you think will happen to Katniss? How will Peeta react? What do yo think i should do next? I'll update as soon as possible and if I don't update soon, inbox me to remind me.

Please Like

Vote

and Follow

Bye Peeps! xoxo