~Chapter 2: The Stupid Rock and My Problem!~

• Dedicated to hungergamepeeta and Girl_on_Fire5, my first readers!

                        ~Chapter 2: The Stupid Rock and My Problem!~

***Peeta***

      Once Katniss walked out of the shop when she was bringing Rye she fell when she was leaving. I yelled out her name, "Katniss!" I ran outside of the shop. Katniss was on the floor, she just fainted because I could see her breathing. I could hear Rye coming out of the shop. He was starting to cry. He said while sniffling, "Daddy, what happened to mommy? Is she dead!!!!" I say, "No! Never!" Rye gets frightened of my loud voice. I say, "Sorry Rye, let's take mommy home." I lift up Katniss and carry her. I say to Rye, "Follow me." He answers, "Okay." I look back at him. His eyes are red and he is crying a lot. Every fifteen seconds he sniffles.

     I am getting frightened. What if Katniss is really sick. She will never be as sick as whenI was when I was hijacked in the capitol.  A tear runs down my cheek, but I keep strong so Rye will think Katniss is okay. I start to run but then I stop because Rye can't keep up. I tell him to race but his toddler feet can't run as fast as mine. So I jog, but I stop because I am scared if I hurt Katniss. We are finally at home. I run to Katniss' and our bed and lay her their. Then I cover her up with a blanket. I close the door so Rye won't come in and bug her.

      I run to the phone rapidly and call the doctor. He told me to slow down and talk slower, so I did. He told me he would be here in twenty minutes. I hang up ad I move back and forth, back and fourth. I shout out, "Twenty minutes! She stopped the games and you say you are coming intwenty minutes!" Rye comes up to me with sleep eyes and says, "Why are you mad daddy?" I say, "Nothing." Then I take him to his bedroom and read a story untill he sleeps. I read him the story of a star that doesn't shine bright but at the end it out shines ever other star.

     When the doctor comes we go to Katniss and wake her up. Then the doctor talks to her and puts wires on her stomach, head, arms, etc. I am starting to get frustrated but I don't say anything. The news comes up that she is pregnant again! So soon! Katniss must really want to hunt because he asks the doctor if she can but he ells her he would rather want her to rest. I smile. Finally when the doctor leaves I say to Katniss, "If it's a girl, I want her name to be Katniss." Katniss says, "If it's a boy, I want his name to be Peeta." I lean in and kiss her on the mouth. Her lips are warm and gentle.

     When she stops she says, "I want my game bag, I am going to hunt." I guess she really want to hunt. I say, "The doctor told you to stay in bed." She says, "He said I'd rather you stay in bed." This is why I love her. She can't be fooled. She is smart, beautiful, and she's my wife. I say, "Just rest Katniss." She says, "Okay, but you have to get Willow from school." I smile and say good bye. She closes her eyes, I guess she didn't hear me. I go and pick up Willow from school. She is talking to her best friend, Samantha. Samantha is wearing a bright yellow dress with sunflower designs and tights, she has a whitehead band and white shiny shoes. Her eyes are blue like Wwillow's but darker. She has blond wavy hair that curls at the end. I shout out, "Willow!" Willow waves at me then she runs towards me.

     Right when she is about to hug me I lift her up and twist her in my arms. She higs me tight because I guess she doesn't want to fall. She's laughing and then I stop. I tell her, "Mom has a surprise for you!" Of course I'm talking about the baby. She says, "Is it for me." I say, "It doesn't belong to anybody. It's for everybody." She makes a silly face and I laugh at her. Her nose is scrunched up and her eyes are squinted. Her right hand is on her chin. I say, "What are you doing!?" She says, "Hey don't laugh, this is my thinking face!" I stop but inside I am laughing. I feel my face turn red and the I burst out laughing. She says, "Oh dad! You never listen! Tsk, tsk, tsk."  I put her down and we walk home.

      When we get home I see Katniss running around the front yard  frantically. I see a big pointy gray rock in front of her . I run as fast as I can and say, "Katniss! Stop!" She turns around but she is still running. I am so close to her, about a yard away when she trips on the rock and begins to fall. I slide on the grass and catch her before she hits the rock. I start to bleed from me knees. My orange shirt is fine but my gray pants are ripped and dirty with grass, dirt and worst of all, blood. I stab my back against the rock and I guess I am starting to bleed in my back too, oh great. Just what I need. More blood to come out of me! Great I shout in pain while catching Katniss. She is in my arms and I am laying on the grass. Stupid rock! Curse you!

     I lift her up and myself. I ask, "What happened? Didn't you see the gigantic rock!" I says, "No I was to busy looking for..." she says. I say, "For what?" She doesn't answer, I say, "What happened Katniss!" She burst in tears and I hug her. She says, "I woke up and looked for Rye... But, but he wasn't their!!! So I went to look for him!" I say, "Don't worry, we will find him." This is a big problem. But I stay strong for Katniss. We hug for a long........

 ~I will update when I get 38 reads, 14 votes, & 3 more comments. p.s may have some errors because my internet is sucky right now and won't check my misspelled words :) hope it's still okay!!! :) comment to tell me what you think plz! don't forget to vote. plz no criticism or I will be mean and you don't want to see me in a bad temper! :) I wanna update more! Up to you though! So read, vote, and  comment! :)~