~Chapter 7: Haymitch and Gale~

***Peeta***

         When I arrived home I saw Gale about to kiss Katniss. I said some stuff and Willow pulled me back but I shouted  at her. I think I hurt her feelings. But I can't think straight know. I would run to the bakery but I realizde that Katniss will come looking for me here, so I run to the woods. She'll never look for me here. I sit on a black smooth rock and cry. I cry until I run out of tears, which must of been a long time. I never try to cry in front of Katniss or the kids. 

     When I get tired of sitting down I walk around. All the animals run away once they hear me. I see a tall, old tree growing green leaves. I try to climb it, like how Katniss tried to show me. I was half way up but I held on to a weak branch and slid down. I caught myself with another branch before I feel down. I check myself for bruises. My arm is bleeding but that's it. I don't care for the pain. I'm already in a lot of pain so it won't make a difference. I finally get to the top, which must of taken me forty minutes, or maybe more. I watch the sunset at the top of the tree. That's the most beautiful color ever,, that's my opinion.

       It's starting to get dark so I begin going down. I'm starting to sweat. I'm almost half way down, but it gets darker. It's hard to see now. The sound of an owl frightens me and I let go of the branch I was holding. I close my eyes until I fall hard on the ground. I stand up but fall down again. I must have broken a bone. I stand up with the help of a tree. I walk tree by tree. I fell several times but I finally got out of the woods. I hear Willow and Katniss shouting out my name. I feel dizzy, and I fall on the ground. My throats so dry, I'm thirsty. I feel weak, but I shout out for Willow and Katniss, even though I don't want them to see me like this. Willow shouts, "Where are you dad?" I shout weakly, "Here, here." Then I black out.

    The image of Gale leaning in to kiss Katniss haunts my dreams. I hear Rye say, "Daddy, daddy wake up." I wake up to find Rye smiling in my face. I chuckle but it hurts. I stop and Rye says, "Are you okay?" I say, "Yes, I'm fine." He smiles and walks away. When he comes back he says, "Mommy's sleeping, want me to wake her up?" I say, "No, no. Where's Willow?" He answers, "Ummm......Oh, Mommy took her to school." I say, "I've been sleeping for a long time." He says, "Yeah, you slept more hours then my nap time!" I smile, trying not to laugh. I'm on the couch. My arm and where my ribs feel tight because of the bandages. I loosen the bandages, and regret it.

        My arm is full of blood and some of my ribs are broken. I say about four, I'm not sure. Somebody knocks on the door and I say to Rye, "Look out the window before you open the door, Rye." He looks out the window and says, "It's the man that came yesterday. Do I open the door?" I say, "No! Lock the door please. Remember how?" He says, "Yup! I'm a big boy!" He locks the door and walks away with his head held high. I chuckle but regret it. I stop in pain. I tell Rye to lock the back door and the windows. He comes back a few minutes later saying he was a big boy and he locked the back door and the windows.

      I look at the front door. Gale's out there and I don't want to see him, not know, not ever. I don't want to see Katniss, especially not him! Gale shouts, "Open the door Katniss. I know your in there!" I shout in anger, "Get out of here Gale!" He shouts, "Not before I see Katniss!"  Rye says, "I'm scared daddy." I say, "don't worry. We are safe in here." Katniss woke up and is running to the door, but stops once she sees me. I turn my back to her. She says, "Peeta, I love you. Not Gale." I say, "Then why were you going to kiss him?" She says, " I wasn't. He was going to kiss me. I tried to kick him out but he wouldn't go away." I say, "Your just saying that."

     She sits next to me and says, "No I'm not." I turn around and she's looking in my eyes. I say, "I believe you. If you were lieng I would find out." She says happily, "How?" I say, "It's obvious. Your a horrible liar!" She mumbles, "No I'm not." I answer, "I know you Katniss." She laughs and hugs me but I say ow and she stops. I say, "Gale's out there."She sighs and says, "I know." She opens the door and Gale says, "Let me in!" Katniss says, "Why should I? Tell me a reason why." He says, "Because, I love you." I shout in anger, "Get out of here Gale." He says, "Just let me in." Katniss slams the door in his face. She says, "Problem solved." I nod but I know he'll come back."